Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support or oppose Biblical references on military weapons?
Support 13 18.31%
Oppose 38 53.52%
Don't care 20 28.17%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 03:47 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,776,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Coded references to New Testament Bible passages about Jesus Christ are inscribed on high-powered rifle sights provided to the United States military by a Michigan company, an ABC News investigation has found.
U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes - ABC News

Christian Taliban exposed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 03:53 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,782,278 times
Jesus would have died at the hands of his opressors. Not shoot em'.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:44 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
"For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."
(Jesus as) "the light of the world."
"Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Those were the Bible verses if you looked them up.
Hardly threatening or violent. If anything, they are uplifting and hopeful.

We don't need your anti-Christian views, intolerance and fear-mongering here.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:47 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,688,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
"For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."
(Jesus as) "the light of the world."
"Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Those were the Bible verses if you looked them up.
Hardly threatening or violent. If anything, they are uplifting and hopeful.

We don't need your anti-Christian views, intolerance and fear-mongering here.
BS. The soldiers are not representing christianity but a nation of taxpayers of all religions, even agnostics and atheists. You need to get your theocratic agenda out of the armed forces. You want upliftment, tell the pope send in his army.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:49 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
I'm not sure it has much of an impact, you'd have to know where to look for it then know your bible to cross reference it. As an agnostically-leaning athiest I have to say, why is this a big deal? I still want an ACOG.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:53 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,688,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'm not sure it has much of an impact, you'd have to know where to look for it then know your bible to cross reference it. As an agnostically-leaning athiest I have to say, why is this a big deal? I still want an ACOG.
It gives the enemy fodder to brainwash thier idiots and call this a crusade. Recall, W used this term but retracted it quickly. Let us keep all religious codes and markings out of our weapons. We are not (any) god's army.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:56 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

"Why is it a big deal?"

The stated goal of being in Afghanistan is to "train the ANA and police forces to provide their own security".

While the thought of Afghan self determination and anything resembling organization and control of an armed police and army is but a mere pipe dream, the truth is it only takes one revelation of this kind to make those same AR-15's you supplied the army and police force with to be turned on you and shooting at you.

Which has happened quite frequently lately. And to think a Muslim would use a U.S. supplied rifle with hidden Christian Bible verses is beyond the pale.

These warmongering religo-nutcases continue to put the world at risk with their Crusade against the Muslim brown skinned people. Stories like these, backed up by stories of torture after a bogus invasion of Iraq, only strengthens their resolve. A great way to lose whatever moral high ground we once possessed.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:58 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,494,847 times
I think the appropriate piece of scripture is John 11:35--Jesus wept.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:58 PM

Since I read the article, I have to ask, why are reporters so ignorant about firearms...and are they as ignorant about everything else they report?

Quote:
...are inscribed on high-powered rifle sights...
The M4 carbine is not a high powered rifle (it's suitable for woodchucks and prairie dogs), nor does the magnification of the ACOG put it in the catagory "high powered". On the other hand, the inaccurate adjectives play on the ignorant.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
...And to think a Muslim would use a U.S. supplied rifle with hidden Christian Bible verses is beyond the pale...
First, if it discourages a Muslim from using a US rifle and potentially turning it on an American, good. Lets baptise them in pig's blood before we issue them.

These sights are on rifles issued to the US military, not necessarily the ANA. As an athiest it doesn't bother me that it's there, and wouldn't if I were in the military. If it happens to provides some comfort to the predominantly Christian men serving in our military, so much the better. Given the conditions and restrictions our service men and women operate under, and the cowards they fight that hide behind women and children, I would be happy to know that some might get some solice from these messages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies