Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 05:31 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,093,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnc0628 View Post
Obama = dumbest American president
Yea, because your beloved Decider in Chief was a law degree holder from an Ivy League school like Obama

PS, GOP Deity Ronald Reagan was the first president to use teleprompters

Old 01-25-2010, 05:53 PM

81 posts, read 45,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Yea, because your beloved Decider in Chief was a law degree holder from an Ivy League school like Obama

PS, GOP Deity Ronald Reagan was the first president to use teleprompters

My beloved? How so?

Did I say using a teleprompter = dumb?

Bush was smarter than Barry Hussein Obama but since you seem to believe that school records prove differently. How about we compare school records? I'll get Bush's you get Barry's

Old 01-25-2010, 05:54 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,568,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Already debunked in a duplicate thread....
NewsRadio 600WREC - MEMPHIS - WREC-AM

Here's the video.......

But he wasn't talking to 6th graders.

I will say this. Those things look really silly up there next to him. I mean he's in a tiny class room. He can't can't just speak to this people from notes or memory?

Old 01-25-2010, 06:06 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,285,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Already debunked in a duplicate thread....
I am pretty sure everyone replying to this post is focusing on the wrong part. Meson, I think, wasn't trying to rekindle the argument but rather point out that there is ALREADY A THREAD ON THIS!

Old 01-25-2010, 06:06 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,551,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I'm assuming the OP and Sunny D are independents because a Republican mocking a president who needs help speaking is as big example of political irony as you'll ever see.
Bush had problems mainly because he tended to ignore the teleprompter, and improvise. Obama tends to have problems because he's good at reading off the teleprompter, but when he's not using one, makes Bush look like a great orator by comparison in instances where both are reading off notes. I would say Bush is too undisciplined to stick with the teleprompter, and Obama is helpless without it, which is why Bush generally came up with weird pronunciations, whereas Obama came up with gems like "57 states", referred to "Austrian" as a language and read big chunks of somebody else's speech when an aide accidentally fed it to the teleprompter. Obama's inability to improvise in speeches is mirrored by his actions in cases where he or his staff have not prepared sufficiently for diplomatic encounters, which is how Obama ended up with the strange and out-of-place kowtows to the Saudi king and Japanese emperor respectively.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:07 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,998,260 times
MasterOfPuppets you have provided a great picture of our good buddy BHO the POTUS and his constant companions...the "Tele-Promptors" !

Of course it has been a bit confusing for some of us regarding all the DINO's never ending "Miraculous" monologues associated with the current President and his extraordinary mental abilities !

I was just wondering though ... could the well dressed and stiffly posed young man standing between those two high tech telepromptors be the same man that the DINO's were referring too ? I mean afterall would a mental giant such as this need the aid of telepromptors to address students and such at an elementary school ?

I know it's probably just me thinking this way and probably no one else here on CDF ... Right ??? LOL

The sad state of America's "Intellectuals" these days. Disgraceful is it not ? Thanks / Lamar

Old 01-25-2010, 06:16 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,998,260 times
Quote:
My beloved? How so?

Bush was smarter than Barry Hussein Obama but since you seem to believe that school records prove differently. How about we compare school records? I'll get Bush's you get Barry's
OH Yeah ... I Like See Dem Old School Records TOO ! They are absolutely "TOP SECRET" and probably for a damn good reason !
Thanks / Lamar

Old 01-25-2010, 06:39 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,013,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
NewsRadio 600WREC - MEMPHIS - WREC-AM

Here's the video.......

But he wasn't talking to 6th graders.

I will say this. Those things look really silly up there next to him. I mean he's in a tiny class room. He can't can't just speak to this people from notes or memory?
But, but, but. . . . . .

"That was different", LOL!

Old 01-25-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
My beloved? How so?

Bush got gentleman C's at a time when Yale had the legacy policy

Obama got a law degree from one of the best law schools in the world

Old 01-25-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhang Fei View Post
Bush had problems mainly because he tended to ignore the teleprompter, and improvise. Obama tends to have problems because he's good at reading off the teleprompter, but when he's not using one, makes Bush look like a great orator by comparison in instances where both are reading off notes. I would say Bush is too undisciplined to stick with the teleprompter, and Obama is helpless without it, which is why Bush generally came up with weird pronunciations, whereas Obama came up with gems like "57 states", referred to "Austrian" as a language and read big chunks of somebody else's speech when an aide accidentally fed it to the teleprompter. Obama's inability to improvise in speeches is mirrored by his actions in cases where he or his staff have not prepared sufficiently for diplomatic encounters, which is how Obama ended up with the strange and out-of-place kowtows to the Saudi king and Japanese emperor respectively.
Eisenhower and Nixon bowed down to various other world leaders. Why don't you rip them too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.