Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 08:04 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,534,889 times

Advertisements

They are on the same team. Bush opened the doors and BHO is running thru them. Both guilty of bringing this country down. The blame game everyone plays on here is EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT!!!

This has been going on for along time.

If you charted each President on the things they did and the things we now know about that they did, which we can do now with internet access. It's really that simple when looking at who is to blame.

But I guess that would be too easy, it's more fun to play the blame game.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:07 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,157,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Every thinking person actually knew back in late December 2007 and early 2008 that the economy was in deep trouble. Heck, that's why even Bush himself passed a stimulus package to try to prop up the economy in early 2008, but I bet you didn't know that. Bear Stearns' collapse happened way before Lehman. I was following the Democratic primary and I know the financial crisis was among the top issues that Obama and Hillary Clinton were fighting over. I remember Hillary had a town hall meeting prior to the Nevada caucuses addressing the people in Vegas whose homes were foreclosed on, and I remember Barack Obama responding in kind. I remember that housing was a big topic to the point that Hillary even linked Obama to the slumlord Rezko during the South Carolina primary debate in an attempt to milk the housing crisis. No, my friend, it is you who has not been paying attention.
Boilerplate campaign tactics. That's all the ammunition you have. Of course people were experiencing hard times. No one, including myself, is denying that. But you fail to recognize that both the Obama and McCain campaigns reorganized their message after Lehman Brothers collapsed. This is fact. Barack Obama had no idea he was facing the worst recession in history because it WASN'T the worst recession in history until after September 2008 and certainly into 2009.

Yes, he felt he had an answer to Bush' policies. Who doesn't employ that tactic when they campaign for President? But for you to even attempt to claim that he came here to clean up George W. Bush's mess, which by Democratic standards is the current deep recession, is dishonest.

And for the record, the 2007 average unemployment rate was 4.7 percent. And you're telling me he came here to save us all? LOL He didn't know what was coming. Period.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:08 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,446,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The right cannot do anything to Obama that Obama does not let them do. He could completely annihilate them if he would just stand up and say ENOUGH. They did the same thing to Bill Clinton. They tried everything to drive him out of office. But he stood up to them. Obama has bigger majorities in Congress and the Senate than really about any other Democrat has ever had. He should use them. Rule number one: reward your friends and punish your enemies.

LMAO!!! For the last year Obama HAD the senate in his pocket it was NOT the right that stopped him, it was the dems. The reps until Mass were helpless to stop anything but even with that Obama still could not sell his crap plans to his own side. Yeah stand up to them Obama and lose more Senate seats.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:08 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,955,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The right cannot do anything to Obama that Obama does not let them do. He could completely annihilate them if he would just stand up and say ENOUGH. They did the same thing to Bill Clinton. They tried everything to drive him out of office. But he stood up to them. Obama has bigger majorities in Congress and the Senate than really about any other Democrat has ever had. He should use them. Rule number one: reward your friends and punish your enemies.
LMFAO!

He HAS......USED them already!!
Some probably feel.....he abused them too.

He rewarded........not nearly enough.....and now, he da One..... being punished.

Rule # 1......DON'T crap all over the American PEOPLE, while "rewarding" your few, fair-weather friends.......that won't be around for long.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:10 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,531,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
Typical of you Progressies........to be most concerned with your precious portfolios and blame the righties for being so greedy.
Well, do as your party is asking of you......and SHARE your wealth, dammit!

Soon enough, I suppose.
Oh, and just to rub the salt on your wound, when Bush was in office, I had a mid 7 figure portfolio, which sank to the low 7 figures as Bush left. Ever since Obama took office, it is approaching the 8 figure mark. And I'm not giving you a dime of it. God, Obama is good.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Oh, and just to rub the salt on your wound, when Bush was in office, I had a mid 7 figure portfolio, which sank to the low 7 figures as Bush left. Ever since Obama took office, it is approaching the 8 figure mark. And I'm not giving you a dime of it. God, Obama is good.
8 figures and you say you won't give anyone a dime of it?

That clears it up. You clearly have not been paying attention to Obama's re-distribution of wealth policies.

You're "rich" according to Obama.

I bet you that many people will indeed get a piece of your pie.

I believe that was about the stupidest remark you could have possibly come back with.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:15 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,531,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Boilerplate campaign tactics. That's all the ammunition you have. Of course people were experiencing hard times. No one, including myself, is denying that. But you fail to recognize that both the Obama and McCain campaigns reorganized their message after Lehman Brothers collapsed. This is fact. Barack Obama had no idea he was facing the worst recession in history because it WASN'T the worst recession in history until after September 2008 and certainly into 2009.

Yes, he felt he had an answer to Bush' policies. Who doesn't employ that tactic when they campaign for President? But for you to even attempt to claim that he came here to clean up George W. Bush's mess, which by Democratic standards is the current deep recession, is dishonest.
Stop lying. You said Obama had no idea about the financial mess until 2 months before the election. I can show you clip after clip of the Democratic primary debates showing the economy being the major issue Obama and Clinton were wrangling about, many months before the Lehman debacle. But then again, why should I do your homework for you? It's easy enough to google these things that I shouldn't have to bottle feed you. Wahhhh!

Old 01-25-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Stop lying. You said Obama had no idea about the financial mess until 2 months before the election. I can show you clip after clip of the Democratic primary debates showing the economy being the major issue Obama and Clinton were wrangling about, many months before the Lehman debacle. But then again, why should I do your homework for you? It's easy enough to google these things that I shouldn't have to bottle feed you. Wahhhh!
I fully acknowledged that people were going through hard times. I fully acknowledged that Obama, etc. were campaigning on these issues.

But your original argument was that Obama ran to clean up this mess. Mess, by Democratic standards, is this monster recession. There was NOT a monster recession when Obama was campaigning. Therefore, he did not campaign on something that he did not know was coming. He campaigned on what he saw, which was nothing more than any other typical recession America had seen before.

You're being disingenuous, and you know it.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:21 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,593,594 times
I'd say it was "monster" in California, Florida and a few other states because of the housing bust. Sure, it was localized, but we're talking about a quarter or so of the US population there. It was in mid/late '08 that it went national (and global).

Old 01-25-2010, 08:24 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,532,906 times
Quote:
No, no, no, that distinction of doing the most damage to this country belongs to George W. Bush. Obama came to clean up the mess.
And double or more the debt? O has been bushier than bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.