Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 08:25 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,532,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I fully acknowledged that people were going through hard times. I fully acknowledged that Obama, etc. were campaigning on these issues.

But your original argument was that Obama ran to clean up this mess. Mess, by Democratic standards, is this monster recession. There was NOT a monster recession when Obama was campaigning. Therefore, he did not campaign on something that he did not know was coming. He campaigned on what he saw, which was nothing more than any other typical recession America had seen before.

You're being disingenuous, and you know it.
What are you talking about? The gravity of the recession was recognized as such by Obama and the Democrats long before Lehman collapsed. Yet you keep lying about it, making it sound like Obama was clueless about it until 2 months before the election. And what exactly were Obama and Clinton (and Edwards and Kucinich and others) saying on how to approach the mess? They were all proposing stricter regulation of Wall Street, which is exactly what Obama is trying to do today. He wants to prevent a repeat of the scenario wherein banks become to big too fail that we the taxpayers would have no choice but to rescue them.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:35 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,160,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
What are you talking about? The gravity of the recession was recognized as such by Obama and the Democrats long before Lehman collapsed. Yet you keep lying about it, making it sound like Obama was clueless about it until 2 months before the election. And what exactly were Obama and Clinton (and Edwards and Kucinich and others) saying on how to approach the mess? They were all proposing stricter regulation of Wall Street, which is exactly what Obama is trying to do today. He wants to prevent a repeat of the scenario wherein banks become to big too fail that we the taxpayers would have no choice but to rescue them.
No, he was not clueless. Neither was McCain or anyone else. But you seem to not realize that there is a fine line between Democratic campaign rhetoric, which is historically and consistently against Wall Street, and reality of the moment. When Barack Obama began campaigning, he was carrying the same old Democratic Banner that has been carried for years and years. It wasn't until AFTER the recession became full blown that those policies became more attractive to espouse. The "never waste a good crisis" mantra was the perfect opportunity for Democrats to finally pull off this anti-Wall Street agenda. Barack Obama was given a golden opportunity, but it was not because he knew it was coming. He HOPED it was coming and the window opened for him AFTER Lehman collapsed. You don't seem to understand.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:36 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,955,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Oh, and just to rub the salt on your wound, when Bush was in office, I had a mid 7 figure portfolio, which sank to the low 7 figures as Bush left. Ever since Obama took office, it is approaching the 8 figure mark. And I'm not giving you a dime of it. God, Obama is good.
Enjoy it while it last. Your portfolio NEEDS a thorough TAXING. Reality just hasn't found you....yet.
BTW...I don't want your last dime. I just know a party that really does....and you love 'em anyway.

And....your portfolio is based on what? Wall Street "success"?
WHAT A JOKE!

That artificially inflated thing called the DOW?
The one that should honestly.....be hovering around 3,000 at best, right now?

Let us know when it was Bush's fault that you woke up flat broke too.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:37 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,001,434 times
He's only working at half speed so he gets a 1/2 term count.

Thankfully he ain't ramping up for more.

Scott Brown !!!!

More to come you liver loving liberals!!

Old 01-25-2010, 08:37 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,160,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
Enjoy it while it last. Your portfolio NEEDS a thorough TAXING. Reality just hasn't found you....yet.
BTW...I don't want your last dime. I just know a party that really does....and you love 'em anyway.

And....your portfolio is based on what? Wall Street "success"?
WHAT A JOKE!

That artificially inflated thing called the DOW?
The one that should honestly.....be hovering around 3,000 at best, right now?

Let us know when it was Bush's fault that you woke up flat broke too.
Exactly. As I said before, that was about the stupidest remark he/she could have possibly made. Clear evidence that he/she has not been paying attention to Obama's policies (but still thinks that Obama is here to save us all.) LOL

Bragging about portfolios while Democrats are in power is just about as ignorant as it gets!

Old 01-25-2010, 08:45 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,882,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Obama to Diane Sawyer - "I'd rather be a really good one-term president than a mediocre two-term president," he told ABC's "World News" anchor Diane Sawyer in an exclusive interview today.

President Obama Rather Be Really Good One Term President - ABC News

I'm beginning to realize Obama may only be a one-term president, and a mediocre one at that. IMO the only thing he will be remembered for is being the first black president.
Right on the head. He will be known as the worst president since Carter. The fact that he even mentions being a one term president tells me he knows he's screwing up big time and will pay politically for it. When the Democrats lose their majority in November, that will be the final nail in his coffin.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:48 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,001,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Right on the head. He will be known as the worst president since Carter. The fact that he even mentions being a one term president tells me he knows he's screwing up big time and will pay politically for it. When the Democrats lose their majority in November, that will be the final nail in his coffin.
Carter wasn't so bad... we only had double digit everything.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:09 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,969,997 times
Quote:
Looks like some here either missed the point the President was making or simply ignored it so they could make it into something they wish for, or maybe it is both.
Casper

Old 01-25-2010, 09:41 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,955,732 times
Quote:
It appears more and more, like he really doesn't give a rats fart if he ever sees a second term.

He ONLY cares about getting his HC reform passed and signed into a law that could never be reversed, once implemented.
If successful with ANY so-called "reform"......I mean wealth redistribution, then it was HE.....who will be successful at driving the last nail in OUR nation's coffin.

HIS.....idea of HC reform.....really has nothing to do with HC reform at all.
But it does have everything to do with their ability to DICTATE an awful lot of aspects in our lives..... in many, many ways.....if passed and signed into law.

It's been thoroughly REJECTED by the MAJORITY of Americans.....yet HE and the Dems, proceed with it anyway.
Damn......a complete takeover of America can be a tough one, eh?

Adios, Harry.....your next.
Nancy......you too.
Start packin and re-locate far, far away.
Don't come back either!

And to the Dems.......say

Bye bye, adios and aloha......to ALL the power you got to taste for such a brief moment in time.....and couldn't do a thing with.
HAHA

Old 01-25-2010, 09:51 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,276,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Problem is, if he leaves office in three years, who will replace him, right now I am not overly impressed by anyone on either side of the fence and a third Party candidate is out of the question at this point in time.
Casper
Agreed. If Republicans had a decent, fiscal conservative, social moderate/liberal, Obama would be history in 2012. However the God card isn't going to work in 2012 and thats the only card Republicans seem to know how to play these days. Never before in this history of this country have we been more in need of a new political party.

Obama will win a second term because though the country will not like it, they will vote for him before they vote for Palin or Huckabee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies