Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 12:54 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times

Advertisements

I guess I was confused.....this started as a post re: the stupid remark made by Owhatzizname about not vacationing in Las Vegas.....then the ANTI-Owhatziznamers started slinging mud about wars n such and the pro Owhatziznamers started slinging mud about Bush.....none of ya'll can stick to the subject can ya??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 01:16 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
For a city that smells like urine and vomit, what do you expect.
Spoken like someone who's... uh... never been here.

Or maybe you have, and you specifically sought out the few parts of town that could be described in that way. You'd have had to go looking for them, as all the "touristy" areas are very well kept and heavily patrolled by Metro.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:19 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Their business is to take your money away from you, hope that clears up the difference bewteen a business and gamblers.
Casper
"Their" business is to provide entertainment, and no other city in the world does a better job. Do those providing that entertainment do it for free? Not generally. Do you work for free? Didn't think so.
swagger

Old 02-04-2010, 04:58 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So the democrats including President Clinton also lied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5p-qIq32m8
Wow, those democrats sound like war mongers to me, and to think, they had access to ll the intel about Iraq during the eight years of missile attacks, embargoes, weapons inspectors... and the list goes on.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:15 PM

621 posts, read 1,054,244 times
When do we get the opportunity to be up in front of the President and congress to let them know how to spend OUR money?

Based on everything this Administration is doing, they are definitely not listening!

Old 02-06-2010, 03:13 PM

515 posts, read 1,180,499 times
Since the other thread in the las vegas section was closed, I'm following up to one of those posts there in which "Daddy's M3" cited Goldman Sachs and Wells Fargo as companies that Obama "scared off" the first time.

He's 100% wrong. Wells Fargo canceled the week BEFORE Obama's comments and Goldman Sachs canceled the very same day, within hours of Obama's comments at the most, after canceling a miami convention the prior week. No way Gold Mansacks convened a meeting, made a decision, and communicated the cancellation to the hotel in just a couple of hours - big corps just don't move that fast.

So far no one has been able to legitimately show that Obama's comments have made an iota of difference. Nobody has cited actual before and after numbers - the best anyone has done is a bunch of emotional hand-waving and context free numbers.

And for the dolts who think that pointing out this simple failure of the news media and politicians to back up their victimhood narrative with proof means I am an Obama supporter of some sort - GTFOUTTAHERE. I don't like way healthcare is going, I never voted for the man or his party. I just believe that a discussion based on smoke and mirrors and constantly filled with falsehoods like the examples of Wells Fargo and Gold Mansacks doesn't do any citizens any good - its only the politicians leading you by the nose.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:07 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Obama is coming tomorrow and mayor Oscar Goodman has refused to meet him. I say good for him. I hope he sticks to his guns.

Mayor Goodman rejects invitation to meet with President Obama - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:. (http://www.ktnv.com/global/story.asp?s=11996202 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies