Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 06:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
This shows your lack of understanding about what is happening in our world. How old are the "young people that live in your house"? If you have teenagers, do not be naive enough to think that all of your enlightenment has hit home. They do not listen to their parents, and you should remember what being a teenager was like. Most teens live for the moment, do not think about the future, and think their parents are morons. Yes, notice I said MOST, but believing that they will not have sex and will always use protection is naive. Hopefully, your kids will not wind up pregnant, but it is a possibility. Are you going to call your own daughter stupid, if she does? You also call people "trailer trash". If someone is not wealthy, and lives in a trailer how does that make them trash? Many wealthy people have had teens that got pregnant. What does that make them?
and I think you are all wet on this one: you say, Most, I say Most the other way...most do live for the moment, but they also know how not to get pregnant. My daughter told her girls and it worked, DOn't you ever come home pregnant cause there is no excuse for stupidity..Did she suggest abstainance, no, she wasn't niave either and no, she didn't take them to get their birth control as she wasn't going to condone sex while they were in highschool. I might add, none of their friends ended up pregnant either. Most are now married and some are mommies, but none were pregnant when they were in highschool or college.. Of course much of this depends on socio-economics. At least I feel this way...

Nita

Nita

Old 02-09-2010, 06:06 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I feel sorry for you daughters. You clearly have a double standard for your kids. It takes 2 to make a baby, and one has to be male.
because there's a mode of thinking among some that is thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to the groups who want women to be covered from head to toe because women are nothing but teases and harlots and men must be protected from them because they have no self control nor any responsibilty is the sex department ... women are always at fault if she becomes pregnant and the man/boy is the victim of womanly wiles.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Pro-choice with a HUGE caveat.
pro-choicers have no caveats ... anti-choicers do, but they only say "caveat" because, in reality, they are pro-choice, but just can't bring themselves to say that evil evil phrase.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
It worked for me!
and we're glad. But don't assume that your life experience should be mandated for all.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:30 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So easy for you to judge since you'll never be pregnant....it's that old "madonna/*****" misogyny at work here....well, HA HA, women can have all the sex they want (just not with you) AND have abortions...eat your heart out ....

Have you looked up the number of NON-Liberals who have had abortions yet.... LOTS of 'em!

I would like to see that link ---- I had to fill out an anonymous survey for my insurance company once and one of the questions was "Have you ever had an abortion or spontaneous abortion?" Yes, that is the technical term for miscarriage yet it is disengenious to lump the two together, no?

I am sure that there are people across ideological lines who have abortions, though. One of the women I know who had one was very prolife till she got 'caught'. Of course she was stupid to have a lot of unprotected sex with an ex. Her excuse for not using protection or having him wear a condom? She didn't want to 'ruin' the moment by 'over thinking' it. In that particular case the woman was definately a hypocritical maroon.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:32 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
My question is why the mother didn't know that her daughter was being raped?
Imagine the terror of this child.

Mine too, chielgirl -- yet the mother in these cases are never prosecuted for 'turning a blind eye' to what her boyfriend/husband is up to. Of course she had to have known. The fact she is so damn giddy about her eleven year old bringing home a baby tells a lot.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:35 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
pro-choicers have no caveats ... anti-choicers do, but they only say "caveat" because, in reality, they are pro-choice, but just can't bring themselves to say that evil evil phrase.
Yeah, seriously! I guess those that can't say it are those that still have this shame instilled in them from their families or churches that makes anything to do with sex dirty and shameful. When are women going to get a clue that they are so incredibly lucky that they live in this country where they have complete control over their own bodies.

People have been brainwashed by some in the pro-life movement, hearing phrases like pro-abortion, and murder. Most pro-choice supporters I know have the opinions they have because they do value life and quality of life. They do differ on their beliefs of when life starts, would they themselves get an abortion, should genetic testing be done, should late-term abortions be limited, parental consent, and the list goes on and on. That is pretty irrelevant though, as there are only 2 issues here. Either you believe a women is the only person capable of making decisions for herself that impact her body, her life, her family, or you think a woman in incapable of making those decisions for herself.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:44 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
I haven't adopted any as I am in no position to care for a child - hence why I am abstaining. Once I get some stability, I will strongly consider adoption as I am an adoptee. Just as you are free to have an abortion in the US, I am just as free to voice my objection to the act of abortion because, last I checked, we still had freedom of speech here in this country. I cannot say what happened in Bristol Palin's case but I do know that it is challenging for any teenager to abstain when they live in an over-sexualized society. Also, not every child follows what their parents teach (who knows if Palin actually taught her daughter abstinence anyways), especially when society keeps sending the message that abstinence is unrealistic.
So you enjoy our right to free speech?

But you don't want women to enjoy the freedom of making their own decisions about their own body ?

Lose one freedom today, lose two tomorrow.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
I haven't adopted any as I am in no position to care for a child - hence why I am abstaining. Once I get some stability, I will strongly consider adoption as I am an adoptee. Just as you are free to have an abortion in the US, I am just as free to voice my objection to the act of abortion because, last I checked, we still had freedom of speech here in this country. I cannot say what happened in Bristol Palin's case but I do know that it is challenging for any teenager to abstain when they live in an over-sexualized society. Also, not every child follows what their parents teach (who knows if Palin actually taught her daughter abstinence anyways), especially when society keeps sending the message that abstinence is unrealistic.
Chattress ... here's the thing. You are anti-choice. That's fine FOR YOU. If you don't support abortion ....

DON'T HAVE ONE!!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 06:49 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
What choice are you giving the baby conceived out of rape?
Is not that baby just as innocent and deserving of life as any other?

How can you 'sometimes abortion is wrong' people continue to deny what WhoMe keeps saying?
You're picking and choosing
Thank you for getting what I'm trying to say about the anti-choicers hypocrisy / confusion / lack of logic ...whatever.

What it does prove is that they don't REALLY care about the "baby" but wish to punish any woman who enjoys sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies