Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 07:21 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,268,391 times

Advertisements

With President Obama throwing his weight behind a few candidates, who all lost, and the Olympics, and more recently, predicting that the Colts would win the Super Bowl, and the Saints won, would you want President Obama's help for a victory at this time? Is it coincidence, or does he drag people down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 08:13 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
[quote=HookTheBrotherUp;12816324]With President Obama throwing his weight behind a few candidates, who all lost, I highlighted the keys words for ya and the Olympics, they were not at the top of the list to begin with and the right was against it anyway, so why the fuss since it worked out the way you wanted? and more recently, predicting that the Colts would win the Super Bowl, as were the odds makers and most of us that know a little about football and the Saints won, good for them, that is why they play the game would you want President Obama's help for a victory at this time? Is it coincidence, or does he drag people down?Only in the mind of righties, but then again I bet you forgot that Repubs did not want Bushes endosement either, it was the kiss of death, politically speaking.[/quote]
Casper

Old 02-08-2010, 08:21 PM

796 posts, read 505,238 times
[quote=Casper in Dallas;12817032]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
With President Obama throwing his weight behind a few candidates, who all lost, I highlighted the keys words for ya and the Olympics, they were not at the top of the list to begin with and the right was against it anyway, so why the fuss since it worked out the way you wanted? and more recently, predicting that the Colts would win the Super Bowl, as were the odds makers and most of us that know a little about football and the Saints won, good for them, that is why they play the game would you want President Obama's help for a victory at this time? Is it coincidence, or does he drag people down?Only in the mind of righties, but then again I bet you forgot that Repubs did not want Bushes endosement either, it was the kiss of death, politically speaking.[/quote]
Casper
You make some good points. As I am mostly conservative...his prediction of the superbowl isn't really relevant. But if I was a democrat...it depends on his poll numbers and the political climate. For example, in 2008 the political climate was very rough for republicans (even though all liberals are SOLELY blaming Sarah Palin for John McCain's loss...but in actuality...it a combination of factors...Bush's low approval ratings, McCain's less than stellar ran campaign, his lack of focus on the economy, his age and being out of touch on some things, Sarah Palin not being very prepared for the interviews, etc.). Now the political climate is rough for both democrats and ALL incumbants (including dems and repubs). So since Prez Obama's poll ratings went down some...and if I was a dem...I don't think I would be enthuiastic to have him run for me...but it depends on a lot of factors...what district you in, his poll ratings, political climate, etc.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:34 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,073,491 times
Obama predicted the Saints

Old 02-08-2010, 09:40 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,268,391 times
Default No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Obama predicted the Saints
He said he was leaning towards the Saints, but in the end said he believed the Colts would win. He tried to have it both ways actually, but he said the Colts would win.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:04 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
He said he was leaning towards the Saints, but in the end said he believed the Colts would win. He tried to have it both ways actually, but he said the Colts would win.
NOTHING from him....seems like a winning ticket to me.

He's NOT good at making any ONE decision and sticking to it.
Always seeking to have it both ways and trying, in vain, to please, or appease everyone.......but in the end....he can't.
He's doing well just to please himself, which appears to be the most important thing of all....for his ego, perhaps?

He's a flip-flopper (indecisive stutterer who is LOST without his trusty teleprompters).
He's a POTUS who's only success has been at dividing the country more than it ever was before he was elected.....even after 8 years of Bush's "accomplishments" at dividing US.
Hope he and his loyal flock of O'bots enjoy laying waste to America....and the Democratic Party too.
Hell hath NO fury....like this NATION scorned!

Old 02-08-2010, 10:10 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
I would have NO problem with him backing me up

Old 02-08-2010, 10:12 PM

109 posts, read 114,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Good thing you're not running then.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:17 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Oh gosh, hell no.

He is 0-3 campaigning for democrats.

We will see just how toxic he is come late summer.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:32 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Not surprising at all.

You do that and have fun with it, OK?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies