Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2010, 08:09 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Beautiful. You forgot some things though. Not surprising;

Thanks for that link.
Forgot? You mean:

Quote:
Just be very confident that you can pay the interest and principal down in the future.
Maybe you should try reading the entire quote I pasted before you reply!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 08:11 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Forgot? You mean:

Maybe you should try reading the entire quote I pasted before you reply!
Yeah, you forgot these;

Quote:
Before Applying - Important Questions to Ask Yourself
But, we would advise you to really ask yourself if you currently have the business that would warrant you to comfortably take on debt.

Leverage Can Get You Into Trouble
We cannot tell you how many times clients get ahead of themselves by leveraging up their balance sheet and hiring staff without having the business or future business to support such a model. You can put your business in a very deep hole that can become very tough to climb out of.
Which are directly related to this discussion and obama's comments;

Owned.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Apparently, not any of us.

Covering payroll is different than "boosting" payroll, which is what obama said. Boosting payroll to take advantage of a $5000 tax credit while business is down, demand is virtually nonexistent and the cost of another employee far outweighs the benefit of a tax credit, is a ridiculous statement.
Boosting Payroll means putting people back to work.

And if a business needs to take out a loan to add new employees and meet the extra payroll, and ultimately grow the business, then I'm all for it !!!

Once additional employees are hired, they can begin to create goods, and perform services, which will bring additional income to the business.

The additional income will help to pay back the bank loan, and allow the business to grow even more.

Here's an example:

Assume you have a great idea for a new product.

You go to a bank, take out a loan so you can hire employees, who will help you start your business, and make your product.

Once your product begins to sell, you pay back the bank loan, and your business then begins to fund itself.

But it all starts with a loan from the bank.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:

And if a business needs to take out a loan to add new employees and meet the extra payroll, and ultimately grow the business, then I'm all for it !!!

Once additional employees are hired, they can begin to create goods, and perform services, which will bring additional income to the business.

The additional income will help to pay back the bank loans, and allow the business to grow even more.
Fantastic.. You be first.. You go borrow money to put people to work... Let me know how long it takes for the bank to stop laughing in your face...

Old 02-11-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Yeah, you forgot these;

Which are directly related to this discussion and obama's comments;

Owned.
You wish.

My quote said exactly what your quotes imply: If you take out a loan, you have to be prepared to pay them back !!!

Duh !!!

Old 02-11-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Fantastic.. You be first.. You go borrow money to put people to work... Let me know how long it takes for the bank to stop laughing in your face...
So what do you think a Small Business Loan is used for?

Materials alone?

Do you expect that all the employees you hire to build your products will work for free until money starts coming in?

Old 02-11-2010, 08:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
So what do you think a Small Business Loan is used for?

Materials alone?

Do you expect that all the employees you hire to build your products will work for free until money starts coming in?
You didnt respond to my posting, only tried to change the subject...

YOU go to the bank and borrow money to hire individuals.. Tell me what they say!!!

Old 02-11-2010, 08:31 PM

4 posts, read 2,359 times
And bush could not wipe his own ass.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You didnt respond to my posting, only tried to change the subject...

YOU go to the bank and borrow money to hire individuals.. Tell me what they say!!!
Hiring employees is all part of the equation when you take out a Small Business Loan.

Obama was 100% correct !!!

Old 02-11-2010, 08:45 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,124,101 times
Quote:

The additional income will help to pay back the bank loan, and allow the business to grow even more.

Here's an example:

Assume you have a great idea for a new product.

You go to a bank, take out a loan so you can hire employees, who will help you start your business, and make your product.

Once your product begins to sell, you pay back the bank loan, and your business then begins to fund itself.

But it all starts with a loan from the bank.
Wow. You - are - an - idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies