Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 04:37 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

And this doesn't even include the speech from last night.

He brings up all those statements obama made against bush - Habeas Corpus, Rendition, Wiretapping, Gitmo.

This is golden and should be watched by all who have forgotten exactly what this man said in his moral outrage when lambasting Bush.

Video: Respect My Authoritah | The Daily Show | Comedy Central
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 04:54 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

He brings up all those statements obama made against bush - Habeas Corpus, Rendition, Wiretapping, Gitmo.

This is golden and should be watched by all who have forgotten exactly what this man said in his moral outrage when lambasting Bush.

This should not be new, the hypocrisy, lies and obfuscation all existed over two years ago, but back then 0bama was a messiah-like figure, and hence untouchable.

I'm glad Stewart is finally waking up, but he has a long ways to go to catch up, its people like him who put criticism of 0bama off limits and got him elected.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:57 PM

631 posts, read 720,146 times
Quote:

If you think he destroys Obama here, you really should see what he does to the republicans

Old 06-16-2010, 05:00 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
If you think he destroys Obama here, you really should see what he does to the republicans

Oh believe me they see it, but try not too. Whenever presented with Stewart putting the beat down on the Republicans especially Palin, their tone is completely different.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:02 PM

137 posts, read 170,535 times
Quote:

This just shows that Stewart is more objective than most "news" anchors out there these days.

The fact that he's a comedian, on a comedy show on a comedy channel simply makes the state of American media (Faux News, MSNBC, CNN...all are horrible) even more embarrassing.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:09 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Oh believe me they see it, but try not too. Whenever presented with Stewart putting the beat down on the Republicans especially Palin, their tone is completely different.
What office does Palin hold again?

Old 06-16-2010, 05:21 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:

Every president is always forced to resort to "similar" tactics.

It's just that a million ignorant people bought the rhetoric, voted tweedledee out, voted tweedledum in

Old 06-16-2010, 05:26 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Yes, it is true, Jon Stewart pretty much eviscerated Obama in every possible way. Of course on cue I expect the usual suspects to praise and congratulate him for it, however if I recall when his criticism of Glenn Beck came up, things were decidedly different. Such is to be expected in the realm of neener neener.

For those claiming that Jon Stewart has "finally woken up" I would suggest it is you who has finally woken up as Jon Stewart has been critical of politics and media for many years now.

I also very much enjoyed what the second portion of the show eluded to with the discovery of mineral wealth in Afghanistan, that America is NEVER leaving.

"To the people of Afghanistan, you think things have been rough before when we didn't even know what you were sitting on, just wait to see what we do when we want what you have".

Video: Ore on Terror | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Old 06-16-2010, 05:26 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Now Sanrene's a fan of Jon Stewart! Wow. Not even on Fox. I suspect Sanrene thinks this is part of some "rising tide" against Obama.

I wonder if she knows that Stewart's been going after Obama from the beginning, but still very supportive of him overall.

Amazing how smart people can hold such seemingly differing notions at the same time without having to reduce everything to black and white.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:33 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Sad to see liberals disillusioned by their leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies