Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 12:59 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Which brings us back to the original question that I posed (and you never answered).
I don't answer questions that I deem inane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 01:01 AM

241 posts, read 251,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I'll ask you since you are gay. When people hear the word AIDS they think of gays first.

Soldiers under fire. They are against the gay lifestyle and feel it is wrong, abnormal. Gay soldier gets hit, lots of blood and maybe needs mouth to mouth also, to save him. Do you think those other soldiers will assist that gay guy? I think the chances would be slim to none.

You know what they say, be careful what you ask for.
Not all gay people have AIDS, and not all AIDS victims are gay.

The focus be on educating prejudiced soldiers instead of excluding gay people. We don't need to cater to people's ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Elimination of moral opprobrium. Look it up.
I know what it means. Don't be a pretentious jerk.

So the "Gay Agenda" is getting people not to hate gays? Tell me about the "Black Agenda" next...

Old 02-13-2010, 01:06 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah yes of course View Post
Not all gay people have AIDS, and not all AIDS victims are gay.

The focus be on educating prejudiced soldiers instead of excluding gay people. We don't need to cater to people's ignorance.

Of course not all gay people have aids BUT whether you like it or not the first people that comes to mind when they hear AIDS is gays. With all the propaganda the gay community can push it is not going to change the minds of people that know it is wrong/abnormal any way you look it it. Don't mistake common sense with prejudice.

I know nurses that have moved here because the odds of having to work on a gay person is very slim to none. They fear the risk of AIDS is too great in the bigger cities.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:
I'll ask you since you are gay. When people hear the word AIDS they think of gays first.

Soldiers under fire. They are against the gay lifestyle and feel it is wrong, abnormal. Gay soldier gets hit, lots of blood and maybe needs mouth to mouth also, to save him. Do you think those other soldiers will assist that gay guy? I think the chances would be slim to none.
I don't respond to questions where homosexuality is called a "lifestyle". Sorry.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
With all the propaganda the gay community can push it is not going to change the minds of people that know it is wrong/abnormal any way you look it it. Don't mistake common sense with prejudice.
Propaganda? No, it's not that. Society is evolving, and you're being left behind. In fact, you're already in the minority with your opinions about homosexuality.

Gay and Lesbian Rights

Old 02-13-2010, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I don't respond to questions where homosexuality is called a "lifestyle". Sorry.

Well that's one way of getting out of answering a serious question. Your are hindered by a word

Old 02-13-2010, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Well that's one way of getting out of answering a serious question. Your are hindered by a word
Yeah, I normally just would have ignored the question, but I think I've had enough of seeing the words "gay lifestyle". Anyone with any awareness about human sexuality doesn't use that type of terminology anymore. The term "gay lifestyle" is generally only used by people who are intentionally trying to be offensive, or who insist that people choose their sexual orientation. It's stupid, and I don't have time for it anymore.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yeah, I normally just would have ignored the question, but I think I've had enough of seeing the words "gay lifestyle". Anyone with any awareness about human sexuality doesn't use that type of terminology anymore. The term "gay lifestyle" is generally only used by people who are intentionally trying to be offensive, or who insist that people choose their sexual orientation. It's stupid, and I don't have time for it anymore.

HA HA HA HA! Then you better contact all those gay websites and gay magzines called the Gay Lifestyle.

Are they trying to offensive?

Old 02-13-2010, 01:38 AM

241 posts, read 251,988 times
Quote:
the first people that comes to mind when they hear AIDS is gays
Those people are wrong. Why do we need to cater to their ignorance?

Quote:
Don't mistake common sense with prejudice.
There's nothing "common sense" about homophobia and ignorance.

Quote:
I know nurses that have moved here because the odds of having to work on a gay person is very slim to none. They fear the risk of AIDS is too great in the bigger cities.
Either they are ignorant of medical facts (which makes them crappy nurses) or they are simply homophobic (which makes them bad people). Maybe it's for the best -- I sure hope I don't run into a nurse like that.

Quote:
Would you say that black people have a "black lifestyle"? Would you say that green-eyed people have a "green-eyed lifestyle"?
Being gay is something you're born with. It's about as much a "lifestyle" choice as your height.

Quote:
HA HA HA HA! Then you better contact all those gay websites and gay magzines called the Gay Lifestyle.

Are they trying to offensive?
First result on Google:
Quote:
There is no such thing as "The Gay Life Style." In fact, there are many different gay life styles, just as there are many different life styles in the straight community.
Take into account the context and intent, dcsldcd.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah yes of course View Post
Would you say that black people have a "black lifestyle"? Would you say that green-eyed people have a "green-eyed lifestyle"?

Being gay is something you're born with. It's about as much a "lifestyle" choice as your height.

Read post above yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies