Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2010, 05:25 PM

1,297 posts, read 4,770,541 times

Advertisements

This is mainly a vent for me. Last night on TV they had a story about a young, (early 20's) couple that were pregnant. They were accidently sent a letter that there Medicaid was stopping after March 1st and were praying that it would resume soon.

They did not know what they were going to do. The guy said he wanted to go to school, I assume on the taxpayers dime, but if Medicaid did not come back he would have to work fulltime to support the baby.

Awww, I feel so bad for them. Don't these idiots know it costs money to have kids. The newspeople were making this story sound just terrible for the poor young couple. I wanted to puke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 05:44 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Do you have a link to the show?

Old 02-13-2010, 06:08 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,046,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Mann View Post
This is mainly a vent for me. Last night on TV they had a story about a young, (early 20's) couple that were pregnant. They were accidently sent a letter that there Medicaid was stopping after March 1st and were praying that it would resume soon.

They did not know what they were going to do. The guy said he wanted to go to school, I assume on the taxpayers dime, but if Medicaid did not come back he would have to work fulltime to support the baby.

Awww, I feel so bad for them. Don't these idiots know it costs money to have kids. The newspeople were making this story sound just terrible for the poor young couple. I wanted to puke.
Question how are you claiming welfare is going broke?

I thought Billie eliminated or drastically scaled back on welfare?

Then, you write about Medicaid which is not the same as welfare.

And isn't welfare supposed to be aid for single women with children?

If they are a couple how could they be eligible for welfare?

Old 02-13-2010, 06:36 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Wow, seems like there is a new thread about welfare or food stamps or union benefits every 15 minutes. Seems we are supposed to be worried about what our neighbor has while the top 5% double their wealth every five years

Old 02-13-2010, 06:48 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Wow, seems like there is a new thread about welfare or food stamps or union benefits every 15 minutes. Seems we are supposed to be worried about what our neighbor has while the top 5% double their wealth every five years
It would seem so. I wonder if that's deliberate.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Medicaid is indeed welfare...
Quote:
Where did you get that impression? Welfare is aid for the poor.. not necessarily limited to women, with children.
Quote:
Because they are poor...

Old 02-13-2010, 07:00 PM

51 posts, read 87,871 times
I know of a few people who are on welfare, medicare, and unemployment. Two of which have received it for over 2 years now... I think the Gov't needs to regulate this more because folks are being lazy, not working and living off the government.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Do you have a link to the show?
It was on Ch. 11 for Lincoln Ne. just a short story. I am not savvy enough yet to give links.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:44 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post

Some of us (like me) think that both are unneccesary when abused

Old 02-15-2010, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Question how are you claiming welfare is going broke?

I thought Billie eliminated or drastically scaled back on welfare?

Medicaid or welfare is all the same to me. Back in 1982 my then wife, now ex and I had no work and I delivered newspapers by walk route. Not enough to support family. We got ADC of 360.00/mo and about 150.00/mo foodstamps. It was embarrassing and sucked. I managed to save some of money and move out of there and later found work.

This is what you should do. We were on it for only 4 months. We did not decide to have another kid either just cause all expenses were paid for.

I have an idiot step son who is 24 and is still married but not living together and their combined income is 40,000.00 in Kentucky. They both somehow get baby sitting assistance and some foodstamps, I'm sure by doing some lying about finances. He has plenty of money for cigs, beer and wild women on side and everybody except me thinks he is so wonderful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies