Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 07:17 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
I'm disgusted by these billboards which amount to a witch hunt being put up in my face, my child's face and everyone else's whether we approve or not.

Personally, I've heard enough about freedom of speech for a while. That right is being twisted and misused to the point that it's majorly impinging on the feeling of well being of others. This is a horrible trend and I hope common sense will prevail at some point. There needs to be some limits as to how people can express their views when common sense and common respect is lacking.

It's not just that I totally disagree with what is being plastered up on these billboards. I would be equally discouraged and ticked off to see huge signs claiming Bush was responsible for 9/11 or claiming that Republicans are fascists, graphic anti-abortion billboards with dead fetuses, etc...

Where does it end? What's to stop this from becoming more widespread to the point that our landscapes are overrun by this inflammatory cr*p?
Your's is hereby taken away, you may no longer post on any internet forum....

Are you sure that's what you want?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 07:27 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
If Wisconsin's people are struggling, the President is not the cause.

Wisconsin has the some of the highest state and local taxes around.
Property taxes there are around the 6th highest in the nation (if my memory serves me) ...

If small buisnesses are failing it's because the people who live there are giving all of their money to their state and local governments.
The people who live there don't have any money left to spend after paying outrageous property taxes....

Blaming the President for their state's problems is not realistic.

Last edited by World Citizen; 02-22-2010 at 07:38 AM..

Old 02-22-2010, 07:31 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Wow where did they get this tool? And again who cares what his opinion is? it matters why? oh yea its Fox entertainment, ...Jerry Springer with a National Enquirer format.
Leave it to Fox, they probably paid for the sign.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:36 AM

377 posts, read 326,371 times
I drove right by this sign when I was coming into work last night.

How disappointing that we have all this anxiety in troubled times and the uneducated decided that the best way to cope was to advertise their ignorance with a foolish sign. I am guessing this fellow is also a tea bagger, creationist, anti-global warming, Birther.

Gore Vidal was right, the US is the most uneducated firstworld country on the planet.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:39 AM

377 posts, read 326,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
If Wisconsin's people are struggling, the president is not the cause.

Property taxes there are around the 6th highest in the nation (if my memory serves me) ...

If small buisnesses are failing it's because the people who live there are giving all of their money to their state and local governments.
The people who live there don't have any money left to spend.

Our state and local taxes are in the middle of the pack in comparison to other states. Our property taxes are on the high side though. I pay close to $6,000 a year for my home in milwaukee.

I think the reason that businesses here are not growing is b/c we are in the midst of a worldwide recession.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:44 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhorn View Post
Our state and local taxes are in the middle of the pack in comparison to other states. Our property taxes are on the high side though. I pay close to $6,000 a year for my home in milwaukee.

I think the reason that businesses here are not growing is b/c we are in the midst of a worldwide recession.
You're right. The reason small businesses EVERYWHERE are not growing is because we're in the midst of a worldwide recession.

I lived in Wisconsin for almost 20 years. I still have friends there.

The property taxes in Wisconsin are outrageous....

Old 02-23-2010, 10:07 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
If Wisconsin's people are struggling, the President is not the cause.

The people who live there don't have any money left to spend after paying outrageous property taxes....

Not always but it is if unfunded mandates are the cause.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:11 AM

938 posts, read 1,230,685 times
Much needed billboard. sends a message loud and clear that Slick Barry and his merry liberals are NOT helping America.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:14 AM

52,693 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Somebody knows how to create jobs ...send this whoever put up this billboard to congress.

Hey, yeah! Maybe he'll fix our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies