Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2010, 05:54 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times

Advertisements

look at fig 5 floor truss conections, this is the reason the towers fell at nearly freefall speed.bad engineering nothing more..

Why Did the World Trade Center Collapse? Science, Engineering, and Speculation

minneapolis bridge failure do to gusset plates that were a half inch to thin..bad engineering nothing more..

Bridge collapse: A half-inch closer to why | StarTribune.com (http://www.startribune.com/local/13796646.html - broken link)

rush!!! rush!!! speed!!!! get it up, build it lighter,faster, cheaper, just look at all the recalls nowdays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 06:06 PM

301 posts, read 282,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
If there were proof to watch, I would watch it. Now having watched the YouTube clip, I've got a couple of opinions, folks in the video, like most eyewitnesses, don't have a clue as to what they are talking about.
Excellent point about eyewitnesses.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:28 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,243,626 times
Effin nutjobs are all over the net.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:09 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming View Post
Yes and the point of failure was at the point of impact. In most cases if you drop part of a building one floor it is going to collaps to the ground. The potential energy in the floors above the point of impact was way more than enough to level the hole thing.

Now what is the mechanism to stop a building that is falling from collapsing to the ground?
In most cases? How about naming another case? Because there are none perhaps? What a ridiculous thing to say .. as if we have dozens of examples of the same thing happening.

Obviously you're more knowledgeable than 600 Engineers and Architects that say it is impossible.

Why don't you show us a simulation of this one going all the way to the ground, and how the 70 floors beneath the collapsing floors offered no resistance ... slowing the rate of fall?

The glaring issue is that even the simplest mind should be able to grasp the simple concept of RESISTANCE. It is explained in detail by the physics law of "conservation of momentum", but you don't have to be a physics expert or a scientist to understand simple RESISTANCE. A child knows he can't run as fast in a swimming pool as he can outside it.

Let me utilize a simple analogy for you ....

There is a Monkey sitting atop a tall tree. He falls ... and on the way down, he smacks into 70 limbs of that tree, one by one ... plunk ... boom ... whack ... smack ... all the way to the ground. Do you think he went straight through those limbs as if they were made of thin air? Or do you think those limbs might have slowed down his fall?

Surely, you should be able to grasp the concept that 70 stories of structural steel and concrete might offer some resistance? Let's say the floors below offered a fraction of a second's worth of resistance ... just a fraction .. say .250 seconds per floor ... boom ..boom ... boom ... boom ... 70 times all the way down. That would equal 17.5 seconds, plus the free fall speed of 10 seconds (time it would take an object dropped from the air to hit the ground). That would be 27.5 seconds to make it to the ground ... not the 10.6 seconds it actually took. (Add 5 more seconds for the 90 floors of the other Tower .250 X 20 or 32.5 seconds)

Listen up, no one is saying that a building couldn't collapse to the ground. The issue is, it couldn't have fallen within .6 seconds of free fall speed without some outside assistance in removing the resistance (structural integrity) of the 70-90 stories of steel and concrete below.

In case you are wondering why so many skeptics keep harping on "free fall speed", NOW YOU KNOW. It's the single greatest piece of evidence proving controlled demolition, and you need only an IQ close to average to understand that.

This is really not as tough as some of you are making it. It's pretty basic common sense.

This isn't tin foil hat stuff ... this is IQ slightly greater than that Monkey that fell out of the tree stuff.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworking View Post
Excellent point about eyewitnesses.
Yeah, like these guys:

YouTube - FDNY Firefighters Say It Looked Like "Detonators Were Going Off"

and these guys too:

YouTube - 9/11 Twin Towers: Bomb in the lobby!

or ALL OF THESE GUYS:

YouTube - 9/11: Total Proof That Bombs Were Planted In The Buildings!

Bombs? What bombs ... there were no bombs ... thats just a whacky conspiracy theory. Take off your tin foil hats ... NO BOMBS ... everyone knows that!! Well, almost everyone, except the ones that were actually there.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:09 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
tex

were you there???

I was

there were no BOMBS

twoofers just love "sounded like" , "looked like", "i Think", "it may have been".....to them that's proof

Quote:
Surely, you should be able to grasp the concept that 70 stories of structural steel and concrete might offer some resistance? Let's say the floors below offered a fraction of a second's worth of resistance ... just a fraction .. say .250 seconds per floor ... boom ..boom ... boom ... boom ... 70 times all the way down. That would equal 17.5 seconds, plus the free fall speed of 10 seconds (time it would take an object dropped from the air to hit the ground). That would be 27.5 seconds to make it to the ground ... not the 10.6 seconds it actually took. (Add 5 more seconds for the 90 floors of the other Tower .250 X 20 or 32.5 seconds)
http://www.911myths.com/WTCREPORT.pdf

nuff said on that

Quote:
proving controlled demolition
controlled demo is from the bottom...

thats a heck of a lean

are you saying the floors didnt pancake???

Large pieces of debris, likened to meteorites by preservationists, are actually several floors of the towers compressed together as the buildings collapsed. Furniture, twisted metal, pipes, cords and even papers with legible type are visible. The pieces are kept in a humidity-controlled tent in Hangar 17 of Kennedy International Airport.(Photo by Lane Johnson)

Old 02-21-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
13) Though the official story has it that the planes and their black boxes vaporized in the blaze, one of the "hijackers" passports was found virtually unscathed amongst the debris in NY?

See, this is an example of the type of thing that makes people not even want to listen to the truthers. There's no version anywhere except on truther sites that says the planes "vaporized" in the flames. I saw the fuselage of the plane that hit the south tower lying on the Plaza burning as soon as I got out. Believe me, you know a burning airplane when you see one. 15,000 of us got out alive. Many of them saw the same things I did. There were plane parts all over the place and many were recovered.
First of all, please take note of the very Orwellian "truthers" label, as if truth could somehow be the enemy. You didn't coin that phrase, but you sure do buy into it, and is just one element of the psychological manipulation.

This takes form in lots of disinformation ... the laser beam from outer space theory .. the new acoustic weapon theory .. the holographic plane theory .. the missile pod on the belly of the plane theory ... all of these theories are more than likely intentional disinformation designed to make lots of people dismiss any theory other than the official story. It is a well tested, tried and true method of deception.

And I am not suggesting that the planes "vaporized" .. such is just another of the elements I have heartburn with. Of course there was plane debris, as was photographed. Of course there were planes that stuck the towers .. we've all seen the videos, and the majority saw the second plane hit, LIVE. (another element of the psyop, that was staged to do just that .... line up the national news crews and the audience, for the real time big show, the second strike).

No, the official explanation for why the black boxes were never recovered (they actually were recovered) was explained as most likely vaporized, as was much of the bulk of the plane ... this was the explanation. Furthermore, with regard to the Pentagon, there was such a small amount of debris, this too was explained as the plane "vaporized". It was the only explanation they could come up with to explain the lack of debris (other than the real story, which is that no Jumbo Jet actually hit the Pentagon). So the "vaporization" of Jumbo Jets was born on 911, per officials pushing the "official story". Now you want to attribute that to the "truthers". That's just not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And more than just the passport from the plane was found--a frequent flier card from one of the passengers on the same flight was recovered--weirdly near her hipbone, the only body part her family got back--and other ID's of other passengers.
I think you are missing the point here. Again, we have a Jumbo jet striking the WTC ... very little of the mass of the plane was recovered ... explained away as it "vaporized", including the Black Boxes that are designed to survive plane crashes, but the ID of one of the hijackers just so happens to not only survive, but is found amongst that massive debris field.... (waving hand) here I am!!! Here's your proof!! This pushes "gullible" to an extreme level, and you totally miss it. Just like the luggage in the rental car in Boston, with operating manuals for Boeing 767's sitting next to the Koran ...the only thing missing was hand written confessions, as if the suicide "pilots" actually packed their bags, put them in the cars, and drove to the airport .. but decided to leave them behind for investigators to "find".

Again, each individual "coincidence" taken separately might be plausible. But all combined? Totally absurd.

Joe Blow wins the Lottery ... lucky Joe. Joe wins the Lottery a second time, Joe is super lucky. Joe wins the Lottery 6 weeks in a row .. something isn't right.

It's sad to see such a lack of common sense, or such disdain for the truth, as exemplified by the use of "truther" as a derogatory label.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:37 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Yes you may. Here's your second sign!

What a total reach .. mind boggling to suggest this is an example proving that 100 + story buildings can drop from the sky.

A manufactured warehouse building with roof collapsed is hardly an example of anything other than the ridiculous lengths someone can go in a lame attempt at a point.

Wow ... Look ? There seems to be plenty of building there still standing .. as is the case with the other NIST examples for steel building collapses ... I see what is posted there ... partially collapsed floors with the structure still standing ... every last one.

Once again, no hi-rise building has EVER collapsed .. Collapsed=come to the ground. Not a floor, not a roof ... an entire building ... get it ? An E N T I R E ... B U I L D I N G ?
You can't prove yourself right, so it's a stale mate.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:39 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
You can't prove yourself right, so it's a stale mate.
Don't kid yourself.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
tex

were you there???

I was

there were no BOMBS
Yes, you're right OF COURSE, and the police officers, fire fighters, news crews and professional reporters are all wrong? The video and audio is wrong? This is what you think is reasonable? YOU didn't see it or hear it so it ain't so? Guess what ... those eye witnesses were there too, and I'd put their credibility against yours in a New York City second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies