Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 07:51 PM

731 posts, read 777,143 times

Advertisements

For the last 8 years the U.S. have been winning militarily in almost every battle but they always fail to win the hearts and minds, thats why this war cannot be won.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I think he's alive, and I think this is the year we'll get him. The noose is really starting to tighten now that we've refocused on what was JOB ONE all along, i.e., Afghanistan, Al Queda and the Taliban.
Eliminating Bin-Laden would not affect Al-Qaeda that much, because Al-Qaeda is already a dependent organization anyways, they have different leaders in different countries who go by the teachings of Bin-Laden but they don't really have any contacts with him. This disease was created by the U.S. during the Soviet Union war against Afghanistan back in the 1980s by funding future terrorists like Bin-Laden to fight the Soviets, they managed to add up to 100,000 radicals altogether to fight the Soviets, and when they won, they turned on the U.S. and other governments. Thats why terrorism would not be weakened if the U.S. continues its war on Iraq and Afghanistan, this only fuels terrorism.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
Eliminating Bin-Laden would not affect Al-Qaeda that much, because Al-Qaeda is already a dependent organization anyways, they have different leaders in different countries who go by the teachings of Bin-Laden but they don't really have any contacts with him. This disease was created by the U.S. during the Soviet Union war against Afghanistan back in the 1980s by funding future terrorists like Bin-Laden to fight the Soviets, they managed to add up to 100,000 radicals altogether to fight the Soviets, and when they won, they turned on the U.S. and other governments. Thats why terrorism would not be weakened if the U.S. continues its war on Iraq and Afghanistan, this only fuels terrorism.
An independent

Old 02-17-2010, 01:30 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,351,471 times
Quote:
More from CNN on the capture.

Another step in the march to get Bin Laden. We will.
Yup, more interesting news.
Hopefully we'll FINALLY get the guy. Certainly the renewed focus on the REAL culprits is refreshing after all those YEARS of bungling in Iraq.

Ken

Old 05-01-2011, 09:48 PM

26,229 posts, read 49,095,067 times
Default Bin Laden is Dead

Quote:
I think he's alive, and I think this is the year we'll get him. The noose is really starting to tighten now that we've refocused on what was JOB ONE all along, i.e., Afghanistan, Al Queda and the Taliban.
Told ya so. I was off by a few months, but when Obama significantly stepped up the drone attacks (Pakistani objections be damned) I knew he was serious about getting Bin Laden and that it was only a matter of time.

Cheers to all.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:50 PM

4,301 posts, read 4,413,296 times
Hiding out in a palace just outside the capital of Pakistan. Maybe Pakistan has a different definition of "allies"???

Old 05-01-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Hiding out in a palace just outside the capital of Pakistan. Maybe Pakistan has a different definition of "allies"???
Amazing isn't it. Of course, the best place to hide is in a huge city where you can stay indoors and others support you.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:41 AM

46,978 posts, read 26,041,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Wander why the left isn't screaming about our operatives being in pakistan?If that had been under Bush they certainly would be.
So soon they forget. Listen, Obama made it a freakin' point in one of the McCain debates that he wouldn't hesitate to carry out actions in Pakistan if he had robust intelligence. He kept an election promise.

Sheesh, do you guys know anything?

Old 05-02-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So soon they forget. Listen, Obama made it a freakin' point in one of the McCain debates that he wouldn't hesitate to carry out actions in Pakistan if he had robust intelligence. He kept an election promise.

Sheesh, do you guys know anything?
Dane, TexDav is just playing the politics of the day, i.e., slam EVERYTHING the other side says/does, best to just ignore such posters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies