Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 01:11 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times

Advertisements

Not at all. It's using your head and not just doing it because others think that's what your suppose to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 01:16 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
For a variety of reasons I had my children later in life. I love the "wow you're going to be so old when your kids are in college".
I hear that one a lot. Particularly love the "when your kids are in college " .... aren't we trying to dispel the notion that everyone needs to go?

Old 04-08-2012, 01:30 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I think normal childfree men are the only ones who are pretty much human.
Got 2 childfree brothers ..... if they are normal we are in trouble.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:41 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
No.

It is none of my business.

Oh Thank you for that! I have heard every single one of those bizzarre sick questions and comments.
And the answer to every one is a resounding NO!

Although one moron topped them all ...he said, "try it, you might like it"

As if you could return it...

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 04-08-2012 at 02:21 PM..

Old 04-09-2012, 05:06 AM

1,111 posts, read 2,332,753 times
I don't see how anyone could think of any reason to look down on such people? The only argument (and it would probably be from the same crowd who will argue that grass is not green on any topic) I could think of is that these people aren't sustaining our population and the whole world will end up like Japan, where they have too many old people and not enough young people to be their nurses and doctors. But that's a weak argument, because there are plenty more baby-crazy women out there who will stop at nothing to pop out kids and forever sustain the population.

I'll admit, though, that I DO look down on people who irresponsibly have children, can't raise kids, and expect everyone else to contribute (via taxes or private generosity). I don't like it when people use children as an excuse for lagging behind on the hardships of life. For example, I used to work as a debt collector, and I can't tell you how many times I called people and heard them screaming: "I work a full time job and I have three kids to feed and raise and you're demanding money from me?! Do you know what's like to raise kids?" You took out a loan dummy, it's not my fault you have kids. That's just one example in which people try to use kids as an excuse. It's as if childless people never experience stress or something and we have to pick up everyone else's trash for them.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:34 AM

12 posts, read 23,279 times
I look down on people who have kids they can't raise properly.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:46 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
I don't see how anyone could think of any reason to look down on such people? The only argument (and it would probably be from the same crowd who will argue that grass is not green on any topic) I could think of is that these people aren't sustaining our population and the whole world will end up like Japan, where they have too many old people and not enough young people to be their nurses and doctors. But that's a weak argument, because there are plenty more baby-crazy women out there who will stop at nothing to pop out kids and forever sustain the population.

I'll admit, though, that I DO look down on people who irresponsibly have children, can't raise kids, and expect everyone else to contribute (via taxes or private generosity). I don't like it when people use children as an excuse for lagging behind on the hardships of life. For example, I used to work as a debt collector, and I can't tell you how many times I called people and heard them screaming: "I work a full time job and I have three kids to feed and raise and you're demanding money from me?! Do you know what's like to raise kids?" You took out a loan dummy, it's not my fault you have kids. That's just one example in which people try to use kids as an excuse. It's as if childless people never experience stress or something and we have to pick up everyone else's trash for them.

Oh man does that one burn me up, when parents put their kids in front of them as a shield for everything.

It's always "because of the kids..."

HEY! You had them, buck up and deal, sunshine!

Old 04-09-2012, 12:12 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Can I still use my kids as an excuse for my poor golf game??? hope so!

Old 04-09-2012, 12:41 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The only real wealth you will have in life are children..the rest is superficial. What I see is that people who have never had kids are children still.....Those who experience parenthood mature into real adults..Look at a 40 year old career woman with no kids...she thinks and sometimes acts like a teenager...Those that do not want kids...do he world a favor...once they die..their lineage and mentality will die with them....THESE types who are the products of a thousand generations are in a way commit generational suicide...by ending their genetic lineage...by not reproducing and in part re-placing them selves....looks like they did not respect their parents....
Those people who abuse and/or neglect their kids are certainly matured into real adults.

Who cares about genetic lineage?

Really, you sound very selfish by wanting mini-me's.

Your post is one of the most absurd I've read all day!

Old 04-09-2012, 12:54 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Haven't you seen the statistics? Not even the majority of people in the "educated" NE areas of Massachusetts and Connecticut have a college degree.

Got some stats?
Educated people make a lot more $$ than non-college educated people. No College Degree? Jobs Picture Is Bleak - CBS News
No, you don't have to have a degree to be successful; but please don't try to make us believe that having a degree and completing a course of study makes you dumb.

But a college degree is just a piece of paper. There are people who don't have a college degree who are very educated and those who have one and aren't very bright people. What about all the college grads who are left with thousands in debt and still without a job? The ones I know who haven't gone to college have actually done better and are more ahead than the ones who did go to college.

A degree is not just a piece of paper. Those silly doctors, lawyers, scientists and other professional people. How dare they think that they know something?

College education doesn't always = intelligence.

Ignorance never = intelligence.

Statistically speaking, only about a third of the population over 25 has a college degree. Something like a third to half of all students who enter college as freshmen drop out by their sophomore year. So why put so much emphasis on something when most people don't even go through with it? It's great if you do, but it's not for everyone. But I'm not going to automatically view someone more favorably because they have a piece of paper. However, nearly everyone gets married.

Not everyone goes to college, you're correct. It' snot for everyone. It does something that your ged or diploma will never do: that is show that you can complete something on your own, that you have initiative and stamina.
Almost everyone who gets married gets divorced.
50% of first marriages end in divorce; second and third marriages don't fare well either.

If your daughter (where you spent your $$) gets divorced and has to make a living for her and her 3 rug rats, do you think the $$ you spent on the wedding will help her? Or do you think having an education would have been a better investment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies