Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2010, 05:57 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
Look, Sarah Palin has the tendency to react hysterically whenever someone implies insult to her kids. It's nothing new. Family Guy regularly makes fun of EVERYONE. This reminds me of the way people had their panties in a bunch about Timmy on South Park, who was actually a pretty cool figure.

Sarah Palin lost her mind when Letterman made that offhand remark about her daughter. As I have wrote about in another thread, it's creepy how much energy she spent chastising Letterman but meanwhile during her time spent on the national stage and through all her speeches we hear NOTHING about how she plans or has worked to help the female and children victims of sexual and domestic abuse in her home state- a state with record high numbers of such abuse.

Palin is tirelessly petty and while it is certainly honorable to defend your family members, her concern for citizens suffering some tragic issues in her own home territory seems to be conspicuously absent from her rhetoric. No, Palin cannot be held responsible for what goes down in every household in AK, but how about we see a strong female politician who tackles these issues head on, brings them to national awareness and garners support for something more than silly perceived insults to her children from sources that routinely insult everyone.
I bet you don't have children do you???

How about no one insulting her children in the first place??? Instead of dogging a parent for protecting and defending (which is their duty) their kid, why don't you go after the idiot scumbag who started it with the insult!!?

I have one daughter.....let some fool make some sexual joke about her while I'm in ear shot......Letterman is an angry partisan old fool! I don't care which daughter it was! The 14 or the 17 year old! To say that a ball player knocked up either one was waaaay outta bounds!!

Hey would you be okay if he said that about the oldest Obama daughter? Would you be like" Barack is over reacting?"

Be consistent at least!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 06:01 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,305 times
I just wish Todd Palin had requested a private meeting with Letterman. No bodyguards.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:16 AM

958 posts, read 2,620,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Everyone know Palin is a much better candidate then drunk Irishman Joe Biden! Cheney basically flipped Biden 3 times into the air about terrorist.
The Liberals have no clue when it comes to war and #3 is coming soon
folks....
Yes everyone was correct about it being bad to raise children in this time period!
Now are children are left with bad climate, bad debt, and inflation!
First of all, aside from the fact you write like a drunken Irishman (now there's a stereotype, genius), Cheney didn't debate Biden did he?

You say #3 is coming soon? Is this Dale Earnhardt returning from the grave?

Children left with bad climate? A righty buying into global warming? Preposterous!

You, sir, make Sarah Palin look intelligent.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:26 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,401,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
Someone asked this question before and perhaps I missed the response.

Do you always refer to folks with their middle name first? What's your obsession with the "hussein" thing? Really now, make it known.
I find that really irritating too. It is so transparent and childish.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:32 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,658,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I like that reasoning. I can call you a name because I think your mother is whatever the name is. Riiiggghhhtttt. OMG
What name did they call Trig?

Asked again, since no one will answer because none of you actually watched the show....

When did they make fun of Trig?

Old 02-18-2010, 07:35 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,441,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I just wish Todd Palin had requested a private meeting with Letterman. No bodyguards.
Oh me too!

Old 02-18-2010, 07:36 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,105,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I would worry more about hussein obama. He looks like he has put on 20 years in a few months.

Wow, a smack about President Obama's middle name. how very very original.

If Sarah Palin cared a whit about kids with Down Syndrome, she'd be the spokesperson for them, not a professional victim like she portrays herself to be.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:41 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,625 times

What's the big deal? It's not like a child with down syndrome knows they're being parodied. They don't understand parody or satire.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:46 AM

124 posts, read 303,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post

When did they make fun of Trig?
No answer, bet they are all busy googlin' now...

Old 02-18-2010, 07:55 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
A message to all members of Team Sarah

[SIZE=3]When Trig Paxson Van Palin was born, his parents announced,[/SIZE] "Trig is beautiful and already adored by us. We knew through early testing he would face special challenges, and we feel privileged that God would entrust us with this gift and allow us unspeakable joy as he entered our lives. We have faith that every baby is created for good purpose and has potential to make this world a better place. We are truly blessed."
At Team Sarah we believe that every child is indeed created with a purpose and little Trig Palin holds a special and very dear place in our heart.
For those in our society today who would stoop to the level of making fun of a toddler with special needs for cheap laughs and the almighty dollar, they have our pity. Anyone who resorts to comedy "material" of that magnitude is simply to be pitied, as they have forgone their own dignity in order to capture the sort of shock appeal that will pathetically sustain them with the small fraction of society that would find humor in such a thing.
Comedic hacks are nothing new to the entertainment industry. We can ignore them, we can change the channel, we can call them out when we think they've crossed the line.
For us, the bottom line is that Trig is off limits. Period.
Sincerely,
Team Sarah
teamsarahhq@gmail.com
She must be pretty upset with Limbaugh and his liberal use of the word "retard".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies