Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 12:43 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,344,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Victim mentality.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see Hindus or Buddhists trying to influence US politics. I don't follow their beliefs, but I respect them more since they keep it to themselves.
The only group that pushes their religious agenda is the Cs.
For that reason alone, they should lose their tax free status.

Cs are the white guys of religion; the majority and unhappy that anyone else has market share.
Funny and tragic at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 12:47 PM

32,846 posts, read 19,559,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
If you're on welfare, you're not making enough to pay taxes. Duh.
That's not the same with religious folk; they get vehicles, homes and salaries tax free.
That's theft.
do you even look at what you type

wlefare gets those same things too

so do political 'non-profit' corporations

wefare is a SALARY ...taxfree
welfare pays for your home....tax free

my standing is that NO-ONE should recieve ANYTHING tax free...or EVERYONE should recieve EVERYTHING tax free

all or none...period

you on the other hand want to take frrom on while still GIVING to the other...that's hypocritical

I thought you were an aging hippie....

Last edited by workingclasshero; 02-17-2010 at 01:25 PM..

Old 02-17-2010, 12:48 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,596,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Or Synagogues.

Typical anti-Christianity from the supposed open minded left.

Hypocrites.
No. ALL RELIGIONS should be TAXED. Where did I say only Christianity?

Quote:
That's not the same with religious folk; they get vehicles, homes and salaries tax free.
That's theft.
Thou shalt not take what is not mineeeeeeeeee.

Religion is BS. I am saddened that so many people still believe in it. I have hopes for the future as Atheists population is growing.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:51 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,344,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
do you even look at what you type

wlefare gets those same things too

so do political 'non-profit' corporations

wefare is a SALARY ...taxfree
welfare pays for your home....tax free

my standing is that NO-ONE should recieve ANYTHING tax free...or EVERYONE should recieve EVERYTHING tax free

all or none...period

you on the other hand want to take frrom on while still GIVING to the other...that's hypocritical

I though you were an aging hippie....
Employees of non-profits pay taxes on their salaries and benefits.
Try a little research.
Stooge? Okay, Shemp.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:02 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,066,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
No. ALL RELIGIONS should be TAXED. Where did I say only Christianity?
I was Referrring to the article.
And I agree that if one is taxed then ALL Organized religions be taxed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Thou shalt not take what is not mineeeeeeeeee.

Religion is BS. I am saddened that so many people still believe in it. I have hopes for the future as Atheists population is growing.
Organized religion does get under my skin. The way they ask for money seems so pathetic.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:10 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,567,006 times
I know, all those non-profit organizations really hurt society. Helping the poor, feeding them meals each day, giving them clothing, health care, etc, etc.etc. Who do they think they are, better than the government that gives ACORN millions to keep people in line?

Old 02-17-2010, 01:15 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,066,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I know, all those non-profit organizations really hurt society. Helping the poor, feeding them meals each day, giving them clothing, health care, etc, etc.etc. Who do they think they are, better than the government that gives ACORN millions to keep people in line?
Many times organized religions are not asking for money with the intentions of helping the poor. It gets annoying in church to hear- we need a new organ or driveway or roof or garage or air conditioner so put as much as you can in our offering box. yes its voluntary but they play the guilt game.

I can give more directly to the needy then going through an organized religion. In that aspect it is very similar to Government.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:17 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,190,019 times
Religion sells. That's a fact. I'd go as far as to say that no church that stays open is hurting financially.

I remember going to Atlanta years ago and seeing quite a few megachurches. Churches the size of city blocks in fences with dozens of buses and luxury cars. Not only that, but these churches wanted to know your income before they allowed you to join.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:20 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,236,795 times
Quote:
That's theft.
Congrats on another offensive, ignorant post! Feigning tolerance while being condescending and judgemental at once -the true liberal way.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:23 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,567,006 times
Why hurt the little churches/little guy? But I have learned Dems end up hurting the little guy anyway. They tax everything and the little guy pays more with his small income, and gets poorer. They would tax air if they could. Of course, the air around the places they live and work would be off limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies