Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 07:33 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,480,453 times

Advertisements

Has anyone seen this questionnaire with all the loaded questions? It actually made me laugh reading through these "carefully crafted and framed questions". I can see some not so politically inclined survey taker getting had fist over barrel without any depth of knowledge over particular issues. In short, it's nicely worded for Tea Partiers.....

The letter by Michael Steele is a dandy too, in a morbid sense.

President Obama a radical left?! (which is mentioned in the letter) Hardly; you're lucky it's not Malcom X sitting in the White House, cause then you'd really have something to complain about.

Here are the questions on the survey; options are Yes, No and No Opinion:

1. Do you agree with Barack Obama and the Democrats that taxes should be raised for the sake
of "fairness" regardless of the negative impact it is likely to have on the economy?

2. Do you believe the federal government has gone too far in bailing out failing banks, insurance
companies and the auto industry?

3. Do you support amnesty for illegal immigrants?

4. Should English be the official language of the United States?

5. Are you in favor of granting retroactive Social Security eligibility to illegal immigrants who gain U.S.
citizenship through an amnesty program?

6. Are you in favor of the expanded welfare benefits and unlimited eligibility (no time, education, or work
requirements) that Democrats in Congress are pushing to pass?

7. Do you believe that Barack Obama's nominees for federal courts should be immediately and unquestionably
approved for their lifetime appointments by the U.S. Senate?

8. Do you believe that the best way to increase the quality and effectiveness of public education in the U.S.
is to rapidly expand federal funding while eliminating performance standards and accountability?

9. Do you support the creation of a national health insurance plan that would be administered by bureaucrats
in Washington, D.C.?

10. Do you believe that the quality and availability of health care will increase if the federal government
dictates pricing to doctors and hospitals?

11. Are you confident that new medicines and medical treatments will continue to be developed if the federal
government controls prescription drug prices and sets profit margins for research and pharmaceutical companies?

12. Are you in favor of creating a government-funded "Citizen Volunteer Corps" that would pay young people
to do work now done by churches and charities, earning Corps Members the same pay and benefits given to
military veterans?

13. Are you in favor of reinstituting the military draft, as Democrats in Congress have proposed?

14. Do you believe the federal government should allow the unionization of Department of Homeland Security
employees who serve in positions critical to the safety and security of our nation?

15. Do you support Democrat's drive to eliminate workers' right to a private ballot when considering
unionization of their place of employment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 07:50 PM

Here is an article/op-ed posted today with regards to the survey and letter :

The RNC's 2010 "Obama Agenda Survey" Push Poll - The Stopped Clock

I'm still wondering how i got this stupid letter/survey in the mail other than i live in a "red" county....

Anyone else get their mailbox tarnished with propaganda?

Here : http://www.flickr.com/photos/outcircuittheend/4366059574/ (broken link)

Old 02-17-2010, 07:54 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,691,987 times
You forgot the most important question

Do you want to contribute $50.....$100....$150....$200....$250....

I got one from John Boehner I told him he'd just waste it on Sun Tan oil

Old 02-17-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
You forgot the most important question

Do you want to contribute $50.....$100....$150....$200....$250....

I got one from John Boehner I told him he'd just waste it on Sun Tan oil
Yeah, i choked on the "Republican grassroots movement" comment.

Another op-ed : Obama's Agenda Survey, Oh My! - skeletnwmn - Open Salon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies