Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 12:58 PM

17,406 posts, read 12,014,834 times

Advertisements

Here's something to consider: He's considered anti-gay because he's voted against pro-gay legislation. Perhaps he was elected to vote for the will of the people in his district, and he honored that. His own personal stance should not enter the equation.

We're seeing the flip side of that right now all over this country. The ideology of the politician takes a back seat to what their constituents want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 01:01 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,034,743 times
That is the biggest shock since Rock Hudson. No surprises now days shovk anyone really.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:05 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,725,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Here's something to consider: He's considered anti-gay because he's voted against pro-gay legislation. Perhaps he was elected to vote for the will of the people in his district, and he honored that. His own personal stance should not enter the equation.
Actually, it does enter the equation because we elect representatives to make big decisions for us. They're not just robots. If all that mattered was the will of the people, then we could have a popular vote on everything.

Regardless of whether or not he's personally anti-gay, it's hard to not have a reaction to someone who votes against gay rights, but then is caught driving drunk with a male passenger in the car after having just left a gay bar.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 03-04-2010 at 02:10 PM..

Old 03-04-2010, 01:06 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,807,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
While the apparent hypocrisy is bad - the drunk driving in a state vehicle is worse.
He should have to return his black Tahoe and drive a pink Toyota instead.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:14 PM

1,895 posts, read 3,423,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamOrbit View Post
Ask yourself, at what point in your life did you say "hey, Im like **men**women**?

YOU DIDNT. It came natural
i chose to like women when i was introduced to boobies.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:27 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,421,927 times
Typical Republican clown who makes the GOP the total laughingstock of America!

Old 03-04-2010, 01:33 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,649,128 times
Most politicians are hypocrites. Why is it the only time the Dems are amused is when it is family value Republicans getting busted doing something they say they are against?

I don't remember hearing from those Dems when Obama couldn't find anyone to appoint to his cabinet who had actually paid their taxes.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:43 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,032,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post

We're seeing the flip side of that right now all over this country. The ideology of the politician takes a back seat to what their constituents want.
Thank you, I am not sure everyone who goes to a gay bar is gay anyway, in fact I know they are not..I am much more concerned about the drunk driving..The rest of it, let's stay out of people's private lives...I think there is enough secrets on both sides to write a 1000 page book and still not cover it all.

Nita

Old 03-04-2010, 01:45 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,725,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Why is it the only time the Dems are amused is when it is family value Republicans getting busted doing something they say they are against?
Open your eyes. There's new threads every day from Republicans laughing at Democrats' foibles. I used to be bothered by it too, but then I realized that most people get some enjoyment out of seeing their opponents fail. Accept it and move on.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 03-04-2010 at 02:07 PM..

Old 03-04-2010, 02:01 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,341,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Should be prove for you and the Repubs that they do not "choose" But that's hard to comprehend for you all, I understand.
He was being sarcastic. He is mocking the American Taliban (Evangelicals) who claim that homosexuality is a choice. It is a good point. Why would someone like Ted Haggard choose to become gay? He was a prominent evangelist who had a family and made millions. The last thing he wanted was to to be attracted to men. Likewise, I'm sure this politician wished he was not attracted to men. When are Evangelicals going to get a clue and realize that people are born that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies