Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 04:47 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I feel the same way about it that I felt during the Bush administration...no thanks!
Same here. Bush shouldn't have allowed it, nor should have Obama. It is just one little chip at our privacy, but pretty soon all those small blows add up to one big hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 04:50 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,355,355 times
Oh gosh, how do I feel about that? Exactly the same way I feel about the Republicans reading my e-mails. . . so remote a possiblity that it is not worth considering.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:54 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Not being very libral I really don't care who reads what of mine since it is all pretty boring. If I have something important to say you can bet it isn't gonna be on a cell phone or on line.

Words cops show up at my door and they'll get a lesson on the 2nd. That wouldn't be the first or even the 2nd time cops left my ft door for that very lesson either. I tend to really grumpy when I am woken up too early. It is much better to call ahead.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:09 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
Freedom of Association - Monitoring of religious and political institutions without suspected criminal activity. All in the name of terrorism control.

Right to Legal Representation - The government may monitor federal prison jailhouse conversations between attorneys and clients, and deny lawyers to Americans accused of crimes.

Freedom from Unreasonable Searches - Search and siezure without probable cause.

Right to Speedy and Public Trial - The government may detain and incarcerate Americans indefinitely without a trial.

Right to Liberty - Americans may be charged or incarcerated without being able to confront witnesses against them.

Freedom of Information - The government has closed once-public immigration hearings, has secretly detained hundreds of people without charges, and has encouraged bureaucrats to resist public records questions.
If that is so, then why did Congress pass that act?

Old 03-05-2010, 06:16 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
Oh gosh, how do I feel about that? Exactly the same way I feel about the Republicans reading my e-mails. . . so remote a possiblity that it is not worth considering.
On the contrary..quite easy to do with data mining off the mail server.
Data mining has come a long way. Combine data mining with the Patriot Act and you have:

"No Database Left Behind"

Old 03-05-2010, 06:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Not being very libral I really don't care who reads what of mine since it is all pretty boring. If I have something important to say you can bet it isn't gonna be on a cell phone or on line.

Words cops show up at my door and they'll get a lesson on the 2nd. That wouldn't be the first or even the 2nd time cops left my ft door for that very lesson either. I tend to really grumpy when I am woken up too early. It is much better to call ahead.
lol lol lol. Send us a postcard from Gitmo there Mac, will ya ?

Old 03-05-2010, 06:23 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
lol lol lol. Send us a postcard from Gitmo there Mac, will ya ?
Sure will! With or without with my towel?

Was it the cop thing? Because if it was, twice they tucked tail and left, wisely so... Why? wrong house, and at 3:30 AM I am one mean rotten SOB to get along with, more so with a side by side in hand. BTW I am pro cop, but I still get some miffed being woke up in the midst of night fer nuthin'.

All they got was fair and equal treatement, it has happened to civies before too.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:16 PM

711 posts, read 933,104 times
Smile Can Our Freedoms Be Abused By Detractors?

How do you feel about the Obama Adm. reading the content of your emails?

Well the Adm. can read mine--they may already have done so.

However I would be very concerned if I were some posters and/or their cohorts.
I'm sure most know of those I refer to.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:20 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,357 times
Just fine read all you want. Hopefully, if they are reading some they can prevent some of these idiots from doing harm to innocent bystanders!

Old 03-05-2010, 08:20 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Franly I could carelesss in the grand scheme of things.I worry more about hackers than government ant day.Anyone thik e-mails are secured are nuts.I can't beleieve the nuber of wrrants issue for e-mails that contain damming evidence i so mnay cases and people thnikig that any telphone call is secure from even private hackers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies