Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 02:37 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Since he'd grown up in California, he'll soon start bleating about his rights. i am assuming from the article that he still maintains his American citizenship.

Bravo to all the people who were instrumental in capturing him. Let's see how Congress fares in deciding his punishment. Congress will have plenty of volunteers to met out the punishment.

I wonder if The Clown will make it back to the US....
Don't mean to be the devil's advocate on this post, but...

If the guy is an American citizen he has all the rights of an American citizen. And, I better duck here, he is innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. That's the Constitution we live by and defend and which makes us Americans different than the rest of this miserable planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 02:39 PM

536 posts, read 414,086 times
Terrorist to some Freedom Fighter to others.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:47 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Don't mean to be the devil's advocate on this post, but...

If the guy is an American citizen he has all the rights of an American citizen. And, I better duck here, he is innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. That's the Constitution we live by and defend and which makes us Americans different than the rest of this miserable planet.
Are you trying to say that all the videos he made appearances in against the US wouldn't serve as proof that it was him? I think that there is plenty of proof his face is his face.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are you trying to say that all the videos he made appearances in against the US wouldn't serve as proof that it was him? I think that there is plenty of proof his face is his face.
I'm saying that the law views him as innocent unless otherwise proven in a court of law. His punishment is based solely on that, not the court of public opinion.

I'm also saying that we Americans must uphold the principles of our Constitution or else we are just as sorry and pitiful as any other nation on this earth.

Old 03-07-2010, 03:01 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
This made my day

hopefully this administration will insure he is charged with treason and executed for it. Trash like this is some of the worst of the worst and barely a notch above rapists and child molestors. Although their cult tends to favor both of those.

I wonder who obama will be tapping for the next press secretary, though? I know adam was high on his list of must haves.

Old 03-07-2010, 03:10 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Well, the fact is, while I personally have no doubt of the guy's guilt, geofra is in fact correct.

However, none of that really matters too much since at this time it appears he's in Pakistani custody, not ours, so he falls under their laws and jurisdiction. I suspect he's not being treated particularly well at the moment.

I do have to say though that I'm pleased with the recent increased level of cooperation coming from Pakistan and can't help but smile when remembering all the ignorant Obamabashers on this very site (several of whom have posted above about how pleased they are that the guy was caught) going on and on about how Obama was a secret Muslim who was going to be soft of the terrorists, etc, etc, etc - and NOW we find that with our renewed emphasis on Afghanistan instead of Iraq we are FINALLY making progress regarding securing TRUE cooperation with Pakistan in dismantling al-Qaida in that part of the world and loosening the grip of the Taliban in Afghanistan (something we SHOULD have been doing all along instead of being distracted by the Iraq sideshow). Between those killed or captured by Pakistan and those killed by US drones, the last year has seen some significant successes.

ALL of which is very very good news.

Who knows, maybe we'll finally even get Bin Laden.

Ken

Old 03-07-2010, 03:17 PM

My God! If we had captured bin Laden all those years ago when he was trapped, would there have been an Iraq; and would we still be in Afghanistan?

Old 03-07-2010, 03:22 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
We should just allow the Pakistani's to keep him. Save ourselves a few bucks giving this turd a trial and lawyer.

Old 03-07-2010, 03:43 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,750 times
Didn't see this thread earlier so I'll yank the post from there:

I would extract as much useful information as can be had from him, and afterwards tell him to go stand against the wall and put the blindfold on. Hey, he holds martyrdom in such high esteem, so let's make him one.

Old 03-07-2010, 03:55 PM

731 posts, read 776,557 times
Finally Al-Qaeda operatives are getting hunted down, and this is going to slightly weaken the movement, which is a positive step that would put some pressure on this cancer to stop spreading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies