Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 08:05 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
Amazes me how slow some people are.

Pretty apparent that Dan Rather is saying that this is what he expects Republicans will be saying. It wouldn't surprise me if Republicans did say this, as he is predicting.
It is a hack job of a edit, missing the point Rather was making about the Republicans and their ilk. But I guess that's expected.

Watch the whole segment (at about the half way point,around 12:40 on the countdown, the Real Clear Lies segment comes in)
Weekend of March 6-7, 2010 - Videos - The Chris Matthews Show
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 08:43 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Rather is wrong; he sold a dream but it turned out to be a nightmare because it was all sales pitch with a crummy porduct.Like most such cruumy product the buyer usually learns unless he is a chump that will buy anything.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:01 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,008,372 times
So what else did Dan say anyway? You may be wondering....

CHRIS MATTHEWS: Will health care, the health care bill of Barack Obama, the one he roughly is for now, coming out of the Senate and coming out of the House. Will it become law? Will he win?
DAN RATHER: Yes because what we have now is basically a Republican health care bill, if it gets through. It's, it's got a lot...but I think the President finally putting his whole sack in on it, yes he wins but it's not a certain thing.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffre...#ixzz0heHeZo95

Old 03-08-2010, 09:33 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,982,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
It is a hack job of a edit, missing the point Rather was making about the Republicans and their ilk. But I guess that's expected.

Watch the whole segment (at about the half way point,around 12:40 on the countdown, the Real Clear Lies segment comes in)
Weekend of March 6-7, 2010 - Videos - The Chris Matthews Show
Thanks plannine!

It figures Republicans would twist the quote out of context to make it seem as if it was Dan Rather's personal feeling about Obama.

When it fact it was Dan Rather making a point about how Republicans will try to put down Obama in the coming election:

Dan Rather: Republicans will make a case ... and a lot of independents will buy this argument: "listen, he just hasn't ... look at the health care bill ... it was his number one priority ... it took him forever to get it through ... and he had to compromise it to death ... and a version of, listen ... he's a nice person ... he's very articulate (this is what's going to be used against him), but he couldn't sell watermelons..."

Chris Matthews: <interrupts>

Old 03-08-2010, 09:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Quote:
So what else did Dan say anyway? You may be wondering....
What does that comment have to do with his racist Ratherism?

Old 03-08-2010, 09:43 PM

760 posts, read 1,271,273 times
If Rather is racist for making the comments, which he was assigning to Republicans, what are you guys for laughing at his comments?

Old 03-08-2010, 09:45 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
He wasn't assigning racist comments to republicans.

He was talking about how obama can't sell his way out of a paper bag.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:49 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,502,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werone View Post
I cannot believe the anger that exists when talking about Obama. He does have his convictions, and he is very intelligent. Like any advocate of change, he has been met with strong opposition. Do people really not recognize how difficult change is to implement? As for criticizing Obama, talk about facts. The fact is that he works hard, and he has strong reasoning behind his decisions. If he is right or wrong? That is for history to tell us.... what if he is correct on his priorities for this country? There is nothing wrong with healthy debate. I ask you to define liberalism so that I can understand your mindset, I am not judging and I have an open mind.
You should go back to studying for your exam tomorrow.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:54 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,982,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He wasn't assigning racist comments to republicans.

He was talking about how obama can't sell his way out of a paper bag.
He was talking about how REPUBLICANS will try to make the case that "Obama couldn't sell watermelons"

Nice try though!

Keep up that spin-cycle.

Your laundry is almost done!

Old 03-08-2010, 10:03 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Thanks plannine!

It figures Republicans would twist the quote out of context to make it seem as if it was Dan Rather's personal feeling about Obama.

When it fact it was Dan Rather making a point about how Republicans will try to put down Obama in the coming election:

Dan Rather: Republicans will make a case ... and a lot of independents will buy this argument: "listen, he just hasn't ... look at the health care bill ... it was his number one priority ... it took him forever to get it through ... and he had to compromise it to death ... and a version of, listen ... he's a nice person ... he's very articulate (this is what's going to be used against him), but he couldn't sell watermelons..."

Chris Matthews: <interrupts>
But he couldn;t sale watermelons describes is sales abiltiy. Its would make headlines if a republican aid those words no atter what the the rest of teh comment. If hillary ahs diad that she would also have been fried. I can bel;ieve the lefts say its ok to use that term with now they like to paly the race card.It does matter what his point was it was the word used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies