Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 09:19 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, that would seem to be more accurate. I don't care if the Pope did the poll, it was a nutty way to "find out" if the US is more respected than two years ago.
First, polls are kinda stupid regardless if they're swayed towards democrats of republicans. Second, I want to know what their polling base population was...where did they do it, what was the political affiliation percentage, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 09:29 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The Washington Times, huh? Well, they're wrong. As others have said, wouldn't make just a little more sense to ask people outside of the U.S. what they think of us? Well, looky looky - it's been done already!

U.S. most admired country globally: survey | Reuters

How many times must it be stated - the poll is from Democracy Corps (Carville&Greenberg) Democrats.

Poll is a bit old - what has happened in the US (tanking in the polls), is probably happening overseas, considering all the broken promises.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
I have never under stood why so many worry about what other people thnik about this country. Its not like you will get a reward worth a million dollars.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How many times must it be stated - the poll is from Democracy Corps (Carville&Greenberg) Democrats.
Lady, I don't care if it comes from blue people from Pandora or green space aliens. The fact of the matter is, it's a poll on how people from other countries view us....asked to people who live in this country. Here's an idea: go around the world & actually ASK those people what they think of us rather than going up to Joe Schmo & trying to pass it off as fact. It's really quite a simple concept & I would think 100% more accurate. And for the record, I'd feel this way about any type of poll regarding this, no matter who is in office. But then again, why do you care? Aren't you one of those "who cares what other countries think about us?"

Old 03-08-2010, 09:35 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
Quote:
Guess you didn't bother to READ. The Wa Times is reporting on a poll done by none other than James Carville/Democracy Corps.

Read it and weep.
Didn't have to...Washington Times...Democracy Corps....knew it was James Carville. Who listens to James Carville? He's more likely to appear on Faux News or CNN if they need some one to fill air.

Let me guess...his poll had a sample size of either 1,000 or 500 "likely voters".

And you're gonna take that as a "Majority of Americans".

You and the Washington Times, as well as Carville are so far out there that you don't even realize how bogus that sample size and what kind of deviation you're trying to pass off as a "Majority of American's", that no one should even bother reading your hyperbolic rants. That kind of "poll" is just an opinion push poll.

You know it. I know it. Carville knows it...and now so does everyone else.

Let me go find 500 people to form a poll....I'll be back to you and then that will be the authority on how a "Majority of American's" feel. M'Kay?!

Thought so.

:mad :

Old 03-08-2010, 09:48 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Except it really does "fit" with ALL the rest of the polls, that show obama taking in nearly every domestic issue. So, there is corroboration.

It is the trend that matters and right now that trend is a beautiful negative slope.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:50 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,076,346 times
More pollsmoking eh? More Al Qeada operatives have been caught in 13 months under Obama's watch than under 8 years of Bush.
Better than the DNC at national security - my fat hairy white rear. Who the hell did they poll? A halfway house for the mentally disabled where FOX is on 24-7? I don't care what majority thinks who's better at what. The results of foreign policy under Obama's have proven to be more sucesful than anything under Bush's watch. It looks like the party of morons and fear tactics is up to this old nonsense again.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:51 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Haha - perhaps if a poll wants to know what other people think of Americans, it should ask the other people, not the Americans.

That's who they usually ask when making these proclamations, kiddo.

Fail ... again, Sanrene.

I can't wait for the inevitable tide turn. Obama's done more to hunt down terrorists, to stabilize the economy, and to build a health care system that has a chance of not being the laughing stock of the world in 1 year than Bush did in 8.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:15 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Global Perceptions of U.S. Leadership Improve in 2009

Perceptions of U.S. leadership worldwide improved significantly from 2008 to 2009. The U.S.-Global Leadership Project, a partnership between the Meridian International Center and Gallup, finds that a median of 51% of the world approves of the job performance of the current leadership of the U.S., up from a median of 34% in 2008.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Except it really does "fit" with ALL the rest of the polls, that show obama taking in nearly every domestic issue. So, there is corroboration.

It is the trend that matters and right now that trend is a beautiful negative slope.
I'm a little unclear here...could you explain to me why you've continually posted threads w/an incorrect title or premise or one that is obviously blowing smoke & when you've been called out on that, you spin? It's totally odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies