Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 12:44 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Were you? Didn't think so.
Burden of proof is on you. I'm not the one out making ridiculous claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 06:40 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Good for you.

Actually you are very wrong. Turns out many of my good friends and family have gone through multiple deployments in Afghanistan and none of them seem to question the need to be there kicking some ass. And yes, they were front line Marines having bullets and IED's targeting them daily.

As far as nation building in Afghanistan; who the hell knows. They, as a people, are dumb as ****. That is just a fact. They aren't just missing some mechanism in their brains which allows a person to accept democracy, they are just uneducated and know no different.

Perhaps building some schools, feeding the population, and somewhat controlling the daily brutality women and children had to go through on a daily basis is a good idea.

Either way, why do I even bother? I think I'm forgetting, I'm arguing with the almighty C-D'ers who seem to think they have all the answers for everything. I sometimes wish Obama would have started his career here on CD so he'd be much more knowledgeable.
So, you're taking experience from others and have never had it yourself. I see.

Put yourself in the place of the Afghani's. How would you feel if this were your country?

One of the main reasons we are failing as a country is our imperialist stance in the world.

Would you really want US "democracy"? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Fix our own country and don't enforce our failed political structure on others. No one in Afghanistan asked for us to be there.

Quote:
Burden of proof is on you. I'm not the one out making ridiculous claims.
Duh, you said you weren't there.
What's the burden of proof? Your own words provide the answer.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
So, you're taking experience from others and have never had it yourself. I see.

Put yourself in the place of the Afghani's. How would you feel if this were your country?

One of the main reasons we are failing as a country is our imperialist stance in the world.

Would you really want US "democracy"? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Fix our own country and don't enforce our failed political structure on others. No one in Afghanistan asked for us to be there.

Duh, you said you weren't there.
What's the burden of proof? Your own words provide the answer.
Rachel Maddow called, she's wants her rhetoric back.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:29 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Rachel Maddow called, she's wants her rhetoric back.
I don't live in the US, nor do I watch US TV.
Got any experience of your own, no, not much; borrowing others experience does not count.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
I don't live in the US, nor do I watch US TV.
Got any experience of your own, no, not much; borrowing others experience does not count.
Ahh!!! Now that explains alot! Would you care to divulge where you are from? (This is going to get fun )

Old 03-16-2010, 12:10 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,424,499 times
This is war. People will be killed. Period.

You don't like being pulled over and harassed by police? Don't hang out with gang members.

You don't like being bombed? Don't hang out with terrorists. Let's not forget what happened to Dresden and Tokyo. This is nothing compared to that.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:47 PM

731 posts, read 776,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
This is war. People will be killed. Period.
But not when you see women and children screaming and waving and then you kill them.
Quote:
You don't like being pulled over and harassed by police? Don't hang out with gang members.
In Afghanistan its the police who deal with gangs, they rape little kids, they're drug addicts, they rob people in the highways and within the cities.

Quote:
You don't like being bombed? Don't hang out with terrorists. Let's not forget what happened to Dresden and Tokyo. This is nothing compared to that.
The terrorists your talking about are ordinary Afghans who get supported by the vast majority of Afghans, and most of them belong to the same area they're fighting in.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:09 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Uhmmm Been there when it was the Russians doing the nation building..
1. Why are we spending billions in Afghanistan when a good % of the population really would rather we leave?
2. What makes people think that democracy is for everyone?
3. Is afghanistan really worth american blood?
4. Is the blood of afghan children worth nothing? All so that we can impose our form of government?
I find it ironic that so many people are sitting on the side lines cheering this war. Very easy to do when your not dodging the bullets.
We will end up broke just like Russia. US foreign policy never learns.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:12 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times

Old 03-16-2010, 03:22 PM

731 posts, read 776,416 times
1 pic doesn't change the whole thing, NATO/US soldiers fight from people's houses, its the same thing but the media is too busy trying to focus on the ''bad guys'' but in reality they're viewed as the ''good guys'' by a large number of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies