Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 05:01 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This will surely be cause for revolt. And blacks, who usually vote Democrat, will not be defending these idiots. There are a lot of blacks who love to fish (as well as whites, but in comparison to other outdoor sports/activities, like hunting, for example, not too many blacks. But they do fish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 06:02 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'm an avid saltwater fisherman, and I mean nutso. One year I fished from South Florida to New Jersey stopping only when tides made fishing pointless and frankly unless something is done now to preserve fish stocks and habitats I might as well just turn my rods into... what I don't know. So, when I read these kinds of articles short - hell short is an understatement - on facts and swollen to the gills with fear mongering, I just shake my head.

I would take hussein obama's insanity serious. This is a guy who put crazies in his administration that believe trees, roaches and rats have more rights than us.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:14 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I would take hussein obama's insanity serious. This is a guy who put crazies in his administration that believe trees, roaches and rats have more rights than us.

Got any proof of that statement?

Old 03-09-2010, 06:34 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,634,206 times
Scary part is what else is planned for us under the mother earth religion...........

Old 03-09-2010, 06:43 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
The problem is that nearly all fish caught in US rivers and the lakes they flow into have measurable amounts of nice things like mercury, arsenic and other heavy metals. These metals accumulate in the body over time and damage body tissue like the brain. Fortunately brain damage is not a problem for Americans since we don't use them very much.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:53 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Got any proof of that statement?
Pelosi.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:59 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Pelosi.

Uh....Nancy Pelosi is not part of the Obama administration.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:19 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,910,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
If fishing is outlawed, only outlaws........

Obama moving to limit fishing access - ESPN
This is the proverbial "foxes guarding the hen house". When you put extreme environment activists in charge of government policy, this is the result. Regulation of ALL human activity by Thomas Malthus disciples. <sarcasm>Good job America for voting these people in. </sarcasm>

Old 03-09-2010, 08:34 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,319,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
If fishing is outlawed, only outlaws........

Obama moving to limit fishing access - ESPN
It's not outlawing fishing so you either didn't read the real report or you're deliberately lying. What they are recommending is that there be no fishing zones where fish populations can recover and where young fish can be born. This strategy has been done numerous times around the world and they have ALWAYS resulted in big increases in fish catches with in ten years because it helps to set up a large breeding population in the protected areas and then when the fish population gets high enough they start moving out of the protected areas into other areas.

The net result is more fish get caught and they have a larger average size. It's not rocket science because if you establish safe areas where the fish can breed then the total population goes up.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:16 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I would take hussein obama's insanity serious.
Your insanity is about all I can handle at the present time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies