Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 07:31 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times

Advertisements

So far, he has not done anything that affected anyone in this thread. OP, you should have known that all the usuals would come in and take this opportunity to bash him once again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 07:32 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newstatic42 View Post
You guys are retarded. We have the lowest taxes in the entire free world. Ronald Reagan raised taxes higher than any standing president in american history. While I'm generally against taxes, you gotta pay for these two wars somehow! Now you can't have the best of everything guys, tax cuts & your wars. So **** and get off my internet tyvm
1. The interest alone on Obama's spend-happy agenda is going to cost us more than the war.

2. Some of us still hate to see this country turn to cater the lowest common denominator...which is basically the demographic the dems cater to. "Don't worry. You don't have to strive, struggle, and make something of yourself. We'll hand it all to you on a silver platter."

Seeing that perpetuated isn't my idea of where I want this country to go. Entitlement needs to end (corporate and personal). I don't see him addressing that at all. Just perpetuating it.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:32 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
The POTUS + Pelosi + Reid and the rest of Congress = Slavery is NOT dead for American citizens.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:33 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
The above post is a great example. Big on right wing rhetoric, nearly devoid of facts. ( He's able to cite "massive debt" but has no clue as to the argument for increased government spending in the face of an economic downturn). They can only recite these right wing storylines that they are fed. We are talking IQ's in the 75 to 85 range here.
And the left only recites left wing storylines. You should be careful where you throw stones.

Btw, I really don"t care about your admitted IQ of 75. As for Obama, as long as he can tax you and lie to you, he doesn't care either.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The correct phrase is "tea party." Not "tea baggers," "tea party."
Using the correct term does not let him indulge in his favorite sexual fantasy....

Old 03-12-2010, 07:38 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
So far, he has not done anything that affected anyone in this thread. OP, you should have known that all the usuals would come in and take this opportunity to bash him once again.
Really? I'd say 21% cut in medicare reimbursement is going to affect a lot of people I know.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:39 AM

9 posts, read 8,352 times
So let me get this straight, one president lowers taxes to the floor, spends and spends and spends, fully knowing that the next sitting president would have to raise taxes in order to cover his spending...

and you guys are falling for the trick?

Might I add, that all this so called "obama spending" you are referring to, was passed before Obama took office. The bailouts were Bush. Stop the spreading of lies and misinformation.

Obama isn't doing anything unusual. Our system is designed in such a way that the political mistakes of a former president will be blamed on a new one. And you guys seem to eat it up like you've never witnessed it before.

What we really need is a third or fourth political party, so that the stalemate and old rhetoric become a bit more fluid.

Why do we only have two choices? Do you go to restaurants with two things on the menu?

Old 03-12-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Fortunately, I've inoculated myself from the ravages of the statist policies of this President, to a large extent. Though I am prepared to be required to pay higher taxes to pay for Obama's spending sprees, I do not have the same confidence in the majority of American to do the same. Therefore, I suspect many will be even more negatively affected by Obama in the near future through increased unemployment, high inflation, and stagnant business growth. These will beget higher trade deficits, more dependence upon foreign economies, and weaker global status. Though, up to now, we've only felt a minute portion of the negative affects of Obama and his policies, I feel the worst is yet to come.
So true. Of course, especially when reading this topic, we whould remember the favorite chant of the left: He has only been in office a year. Give him a chance.

He has started much damage in that one year. Think what will happen in the upcoming years.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:43 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
The whole premise of this thread is dumb. People are upset at the ramifications of what he is and is trying to do, not what's hit them right now... although, there is a good argument to be made that he has mishandled and forsaken the economy trying to get this HC legislation through over the past year.

I don't own a crystal ball, but I'm fairly certain that higher taxes/new taxes are just around the corner. The direction he is taking this country is scary. The "Anti-Obama" group are looking toward the future and shaking their heads. Taxes, inflation, stagnant economy, more housing bubbles to be burst, perpetuated unemployment, rising trade deficits, soaring debt.... THESE are the things we DO NOT WANT. Has any of it effected us yet? Stagnant economic recovery and continued inflation to a degree can be debated. However, the rest of it WILL hit us. You can't just sweep the mounting national debt under the rug and call it a day. Someone will have to pay for it, and if not our generation, our kids.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:44 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Anti-Obama? What Suffering Has Obama Caused To You?
Many people here constantly rant and rave about Obama. What negative effects has the Obama Administration had on your life. Has he caused you to lose your job? Your home? Instigated domestic strife?
The troops are still in the same places where Bush sent them. The Patriot Act has been extended. So what are the negative results in your life that you can directly attribute to Obama being the President? Please be specific.
$220.9 billion in new deficit spending, in the month of February alone!

Even if 0bama does nothing else while in office, the monumental debt he is has been piling up, and the debt he is projecting to pile on top of that, will not only adversely affect me, it will be a burden on my children and grandchildren.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies