Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 07:50 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
What I had was self control as a WOMAN. I am not surprised though that you think the man has no responsibility or a voice in the event of a pregancy. Left wngers do not beleve in personal responsibility.
It always amazes me how some of the most prolific posters around here contribute absolutely nothing of value to the discussions at hand.

Of course you have a link to substantiate that last sentence, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 07:53 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,093,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Most abortions occur at 8 weeks or earlier.

You need to learn the difference between an embryo, a fetus and an infant.

Some abortionist preform abortions in the third trimester and the infamous Tiller would do his dirty work right up to the 9th month. Why not post a picture of a baby at that stage of development? The pro-abortion crowd likes to forget about that reality.

hussein obama supports a LIVE BABY being left to die that has survived a brutal abortion. I think that baby would look quite different from your picture of 8 weeks.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:55 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter55 View Post
Your personal insult aside, it takes both an egg and sperm to make a pregnancy. Your argument can be used by the pro-lifers who say the woman shouldn't have had sex.

The fact is, both parties created the pregnancy, the woman should (and does) have the right to end the pregnancy, but if the man doesn't want the baby he shouldn't have to pay for it.
Therefore it's a woman's fault for not keeping her legs together when she gets raped.

The natural state is for a woman to expel non fertilized eggs, the only way fertilization can occur is with an outside influence of sperm.

Don't want the responsibility, keep your sperm out of an woman's body.
Otherwise, take responsibility for your actions. Don't want a kid, sterilize yourself.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter55 View Post
The fact is, both parties created the pregnancy.....but if the man doesn't want the baby he shouldn't have to pay for it.
I will admit to being very conflicted where I stand on this issue. It is very easy to just insist that men pay all costs associated with raising a child resulting from an unplanned for pregnancy, but that really doesn't foster the notion of shared responsibility, or in this case irresponsibility. Once you have sex where pregnancy prevention has not been absolutely guaranteed, such as with sterization of at least one partner, then both parties are equally irresponsible.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:59 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times
Quote:
Some abortionist preform abortions in the third trimester and the infamous Tiller would do his dirty work right up to the 9th month. Why not post a picture of a baby at that stage of development? The pro-abortion crowd likes to forget about that reality.

hussein obama supports a LIVE BABY being left to die that has survived a brutal abortion. I think that baby would look quite different from your picture of 8 weeks.
1.1% of abortions are performed after 21 weeks, and after 24, only performed due to fetal defect or to save the life of the mother. It is a rare occurrence.

Of course, you won't believe any of that so it's pretty much pointless to even try to educate you with facts.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:03 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,093,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
1.1% of abortions are performed after 22 weeks, and after 24, only performed due to fetal defect or to save the life of the mother. It is a rare occurrence.

Of course, you won't believe any of that so it's pretty much pointless to even try to educate you with facts.

I am surprised you have almost admitted it is babies that are being killed. Considering how Planned Parenthood and others in the abortion business lie about what they do, no I do not believe it. Tiller sure didn't care if there was a defect in the baby. He saw life as a defect.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:05 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times
Quote:
I am surprised you have almost admitted it is babies that are being killed. Considering how Planned Parenthood and others in the abortion business lie about what they do, no I do not believe it. Tiller sure didn't care if there was a defect in the baby. He saw life as a defect.
Tiller could only perform those abortions is there WAS a defect in the fetus, or the life of the mother was in danger.

Tiller valued the lives of women over the lives of doomed fetuses.

Of course you don't believe it. The CDC is lying, the Guttmacher Institute is lying, the years and years of studies lie, becuase it doesn't back up what you believe. Keep your blinders on and live in your fantasy world.

Abortions after 24 weeks account for 0.08% of abortions.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:

Inform thyself. Approximately 1,000 late-term abortions (performed after 21 weeks gestation) are performed in the US each year, and they are performed under supervison and recommendation of a doctor. They are not available on demand.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:23 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,132,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Unborn infant is a fancy way of saying zygote or fetus, you know, the medical, not emotional, term.

I think you better look at some credible information about gestation before you make silly comments.
"Infant", according to Dictionary.com, is a child during the earliest stage of life, and a "child" is defined as either a born young person or an unborn human being. It is not the emotive term as you would like to think or rationalize, but the daily term. "Zygote" and "fetus" are indeed more medical terms, and hence "fancier" or of a higher register.

And what kind of credible information? Could you provide me with any? Or are you just pulling things out of your ass to criticize me?

Old 03-16-2010, 08:30 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
"Infant", according to Dictionary.com, is a child during the earliest stage of life, and a "child" is defined as either a born young person or an unborn human being. It is not the emotive term as you would like to think or rationalize, but the daily term. "Zygote" and "fetus" are indeed more medical terms, and hence "fancier" or of a higher register.

And what kind of credible information? Could you provide me with any? Or are you just pulling things out of your ass to criticize me?
I don't need to pull anything "out of my ass" to prove your posts wrong, in so many ways. You do exceedingly well on your own.

Life = once born.
Try looking up medical terminology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies