Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 02:33 PM

764 posts, read 1,456,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
. . . these are just poor people doing jobs Americans wont so...
It certainly isn’t a case of Americans not wanting to do the work.

In general, I think it's a case that Americans won't say, "$10 per hour? No, you go ahead and pay me $3 per hour and take the other $7 to split up between owners, managers, and unconnected shareholders. Oh, and for gosh sakes don't put it into creating more efficient methods, upgrading to state-of-the-art equipment, networking for increased economy of scale or any other activity that might increase productivity with present employees or Americans from within the labor force now. No, you don't stress yourself. The tax system is out there for you to milk, so go ahead, what the heck--it's there."

Sorry; should have been in some other thread; couldn't help myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2007, 09:02 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyappy View Post
It certainly isn’t a case of Americans not wanting to do the work.

In general, I think it's a case that Americans won't say, "$10 per hour? No, you go ahead and pay me $3 per hour and take the other $7 to split up between owners, managers, and unconnected shareholders. Oh, and for gosh sakes don't put it into creating more efficient methods, upgrading to state-of-the-art equipment, networking for increased economy of scale or any other activity that might increase productivity with present employees or Americans from within the labor force now. No, you don't stress yourself. The tax system is out there for you to milk, so go ahead, what the heck--it's there."

Sorry; should have been in some other thread; couldn't help myself.
I was talking about Americans not wanting to be MS-13 ganf members...

Old 06-09-2007, 09:25 AM

764 posts, read 1,456,960 times
Default My apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
I was talking about Americans not wanting to be MS-13 ganf members...
I know. And I apologize for not clarifying that I wasn't addressing your comments. I used the subject (Americans not wanting to do the work) to spout something that should have been in another thread.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:52 PM

47 posts, read 193,180 times
Default ms-13 and the border

In his book "The Al Qaeda Connection" Paul L. Williams writes that ms-13 controls smuggling at the border and has cut a deal with Al Qaeda to smuggle in terrorists, weapons and bombs. Since 2002, ms-13 gets 30,000 to 50,000 dollars for each sleeper agent that's provided with safe passage across the border.
The book is well researched with many footnotes.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:19 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiebound View Post
The book is well researched with many footnotes.
So (supposedly) was Williams' claim that Muslim terrorists had stolen hundreds of pounds of radioactive material from a reactor at McMaster University in Canada. Except that none of the material that's supposed to be at McMaster is missing. It's all still there. Williams' publisher has already admitted that the story had no basis in fact, and Williams himself is the subject of a multi-million dollar lawsuit over the affair. Not to say that once wrong equals always wrong, but it might be best to keep Williams at least at a comfortable distance...

Old 06-12-2007, 08:08 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,061 times
Now gang members are showing up in small rural towns. The kids around this small town don't want to work with the immigrants. They say that they won't speak in English ,have no respect for the white kids,the kids are claiming that some are gang members. If we just listen to our youth they can tell us more then we want too know.
Isn't this the group that beheads their victims!!!

Old 06-12-2007, 01:25 PM

47 posts, read 193,180 times
Smile Keeping most at a comfortable distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
So (supposedly) was Williams' claim that Muslim terrorists had stolen hundreds of pounds of radioactive material from a reactor at McMaster University in Canada. Except that none of the material that's supposed to be at McMaster is missing. It's all still there. Williams' publisher has already admitted that the story had no basis in fact, and Williams himself is the subject of a multi-million dollar lawsuit over the affair. Not to say that once wrong equals always wrong, but it might be best to keep Williams at least at a comfortable distance...
I hear you Saganista,

I take most every author,talker, news reader,and politician with a grain of salt. One must do their own due dilligence and come to their own conclusions in establishing the veracity of what they read and hear. At the very least, however, I believe the book has enough merit to give it a look see. And it does expand this discussion somewhat, especially on a topic that is not covered by the press as much as it should be. IMHO.

Thanks for the constructive critique.

DB

Old 06-12-2007, 02:52 PM

283 posts, read 1,384,442 times
I know of the threat of the mexican mafia and the MS-13 gang. Vile and ugly people beyond imagination. We are also forgetting that their is the Russian mafia that are all ex-kgb and ex-spetsnaz. See we are all screwed because these people don't want to be americans and only want to hurt us. Too bad city governments or federal can't send squads of armored troops to these neighborhoods and patrol and bust these gangbangers. I rememberd watching the history channel and a former gang member said this was the best approach because the people would feel safer knowing that they can walk down the street without having to worry about being shot.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:49 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi-in-Arlington-Heights View Post
I know of the threat of the mexican mafia and the MS-13 gang. Vile and ugly people beyond imagination. We are also forgetting that their is the Russian mafia that are all ex-kgb and ex-spetsnaz. See we are all screwed because these people don't want to be americans and only want to hurt us. Too bad city governments or federal can't send squads of armored troops to these neighborhoods and patrol and bust these gangbangers. I rememberd watching the history channel and a former gang member said this was the best approach because the people would feel safer knowing that they can walk down the street without having to worry about being shot.
We all complain about these gangs also. It's just the huge invasion of people from Mexico and Central America that is causing so much of the talk. The Asian gangs are a huge problem in areas also!!

Old 06-12-2007, 06:29 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi-in-Arlington-Heights View Post
Yeah but that would be violating their rights wouldn it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies