Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 06:08 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
OMG! You need a english lesson now too.
Here's YOUR English lesson:

"You need an English lesson now, too."
Just trying to be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 06:08 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
That's unliberal of you.
I am not going to go into a pointless and off the subject discussion with that person.

I am not here to teach people how to think.
That's was your parent's and your educational system's job.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:09 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Here's YOUR English lesson:

"You need an English lesson now, too."
Just trying to be helpful.
LOL..you got me! Typing fast...my bad. Thanks for the spell check!

Old 03-21-2010, 06:09 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Post # 10 says:
Quote:
It would be fun to see those country hicks rioting. Got my popcorn ready just in case!
I am not seeing anything where the poster says country folk are inferior to city dwellers, as you suggest.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:10 PM

148 posts, read 169,137 times
Quote:
Feeling is mutual. Have a great day! Enjoy your new health care reform rights too, starting tomorrow!
I have always been a rebel and nothing will change.

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post
since when is Urban Dictionary a credible source?
It's a credible source of terms that you won't find in Webster's Dictionary.

I regularly see conservatives make anti-gay comments whenever the term "tea bag" comes up. It's stupid. It's just another attempt on their part to make anti-gay comments. They have a hard time passing up those opportunities.

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post
the black definition of equality is not in fact "equal"
it's more along the lines of, "white people must to support me, but I will never support whites" and "if a white person opposes a black person, they are racist"
How would you Palance? Are you speaking from experience? When whites oppose you are they racist??

Old 03-21-2010, 06:12 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Hopefully the teabaggers start a riot. I'd love to see the police mow down a bunch of those clowns.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:13 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,610 times
Quote:
I am not going to go into a pointless and off the subject discussion with that person.

I am not here to teach people how to think.
That's was your parent's and your educational system's job.
Me or him?

Old 03-21-2010, 06:14 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Originally from Chicago I live in Louisville, KY for 8 years. What are rural interests: basketball, guns, and Jesus. Not much interest in news, unless it's about basketball. They just eat up all the hype that Fox News can dish out. Fear and paranoia are popular, especially about healthcare. Like, it's like those commie Europeans, Obama will destroy America, etc. etc.
What????
You didn't include Baseball? Or Football? Or Soccer? Or Swimming? Or Wrestling?
You also seemed to leave out that country people are raised to believe in hard work and personal accountability. You left out that many country raised people can survive off the land. Yes we like to target shoot and hunt. We also take pride in the fact that we can leave home without locking our doors with no fear of theft. We also take care of each other and help our elderly neighbors.
Basket ball? Hmmm I have played the sport but never really cared for it. Just not my thing. Now Baseball or soccer? Those were the sports we played most. Hockey in the winter. Nope not a church goer either. Most where I live are just about like me but unique as well.
Most of us don't believe what any news outlet reports. At least not as fact. They report an agenda. Yes Fox too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies