Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 05:19 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,644,171 times

Advertisements

No. Nor would he be a dem. He's too smart to belong to either party. He'd be an independent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 10:55 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,459,719 times
On Faith Panelists Blog: Jesus: Soft on defense. Wrong for America. - Valerie Elverton Dixon

an interesting take.

if Jesus ran under another name, and no one knew who he was, would he have any chance of winning?

If not, what does this say about those that say they follow his teachings?

Old 10-24-2010, 11:02 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,595,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
They sure seem to think so, but would he?

Of course not, He thinks the Pharisees are hypocrites.

"This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me." Jesus Christ, Mark 7:6

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows houses, and for a pretense, make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves."
Jesus Christ, Matthew 23: 14-15

Old 10-24-2010, 11:42 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,282 times
Jesus was most likely an anarchist.

He never once said anything that was supportive of government. When he did talk about government officials it usually in terms of they need forgiveness or that it was questionable where they would spend eternity.

In the Book of Luke, Satan offers Jesus the chance at being a leader of a government. Jesus turns him down and says mortal governments are for Statan to control. This pretty much leads me to believe he was an anarchist.

Besides, it was the government trying to kill him and his family when he was born. And a private businessman that saved his life. He spent his life avoiding the government as they were always trying to arrest him. And it was government that killed him in the end. It is hard to imagine Jesus was a republican or democrat. He was an anarchist.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:54 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Your people use stereotypes too much and try to generalize in order to make your own opinions seem more valid.

Grow up.
"Your People"? are you serious? Just read some of the threads on CD.
Everybody advocates for their particular political party but, when it comes to 'them liberals' or 'those republicans', it's about even as far as stereotyping.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:59 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Your question is ridiculous, but comes up every month or so here. Can you list a reason why he would be a Democrat either? My knowledge of the bible is limited being an aganostic but since you claim to be more knowledgable on the subject, can you sight some part of the bible who claims government should take care of people?
“Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s” ~ Matthew 22:21

I guess this would cover things like Military, Welfare, Social Security ..

Old 10-24-2010, 12:04 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,206 times
Christ would be a Monarch .. no other political party or form of government would ever exist beyond that.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:10 PM

82 posts, read 329,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
They sure seem to think so, but would he?

He would probably just quote you a verse to teach about redeeming the time and to avoid distractions.

Whether he would be in a political party is sort of irrelevant.

Its an interesting line of thought though.

For me, the important part is what options do I have now, and what principles should I apply.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:49 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,256,082 times
He believed in giving to the poor, and being kind to those less fortunate. These principles are in direct conflict with the hypocritical Right wing Christian Republicans of today.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:51 PM

624 posts, read 1,121,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
He believed in giving to the poor, and being kind to those less fortunate. These principles are in direct conflict with the hypocritical Right wing Christian Republicans of today.
No, are not! If Government doesn't take all your money with those huge taxes you have more to give to the poor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies