Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 05:59 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

What a bunch of hypocrites....how can any one trust people like that?

I don't care if you are a Dem. or Rep. but if you stand for something and for years are preaching it, how on earth can you when it is crunch time, vote or support the opposite of what they have been preaching the entire time....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 06:00 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What a bunch of hypocrites....how can any one trust people like that?

I don't care if you are a Dem. or Rep. but if you stand for something and for years are preaching it, how on earth can you when it is crunch time, vote or support the opposite of what they have been preaching the entire time....
Because there is more at stake than abortion. You can't live your life, or be an effective politician, by refusing to do anything until abortion is eliminated.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:39 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Because there is more at stake than abortion. You can't live your life, or be an effective politician, by refusing to do anything until abortion is eliminated.
That is not really an answer...if some one is so against abortus, and now he is voting with the risk of having abortus in the bill, so tell me what are his values and morals...?

I'm a conservative but I'm not totally pro life...so that isn't my issue, but the issue is how can some one stand behind his believes for years and then vote against what he stands for, just as many other Dem...

"I'm not for the bill, but I'm gonna vote in favor of the bill"...where is the logic...what deal did they get, how corrupt is Washington?

Obama and changing Washington...what a B.S. election campaign...he is really showing what I knew from the start....don't shake his hand you never know if you get it back!

Old 03-22-2010, 06:41 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
That is not really an answer...if some one is so against abortus, and now he is voting with the risk of having abortus in the bill, so tell me what are his values and morals...?

I'm a conservative but I'm not totally pro life...so that isn't my issue, but the issue is how can some one stand behind his believes for years and then vote against what he stands for, just as many other Dem...

"I'm not for the bill, but I'm gonna vote in favor of the bill"...where is the logic...what deal did they get, how corrupt is Washington?

Obama and changing Washington...what a B.S. election campaign...he is really showing what I knew from the start....don't shake his hand you never know if you get it back!
It's completely an answer. Just because he doesn't like abortion and would prefer it to be completely eliminated doesn't change reality. You can't live and die by a single issue no matter how strongly you feel. ESPECIALLY in politics. He got the strongest thing he could get that guarantees no tax funded abortions. If there is a stronger thing he could have pushed through he would have. But he wasn't willing to forgo all the GOOD that he felt this bill had to offer because Obama didn't outlaw abortion in the process, or whatever it would have taken to appease the pro life crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies