Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 12:48 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,148 times

Advertisements

The homofascists who aggressively push the Gay Agenda narrative in the media will be outraged

'I'm gay by CHOICE': Sex and the City star Cynthia Nixon faces gay backlash after claiming she chooses to be homosexual
Nixon explains: 'They [the LGBT community] tried to get me to change it, because they said it implies that homosexuality can be a choice. And for me, it is a choice. I understand that for many people it's not, but for me it's a choice, and you don't get to define my gayness for me. A certain section of our community is very concerned that it not be seen as a choice, because if it's a choice, then we could opt out.

Cynthia, 45, insists she hasn't always been gay and finds it 'offensive' that people say she has.

She continued: 'Why can't it be a choice? Why is that any less legitimate? It seems we're just ceding this point to bigots who are demanding it, and I don't think that they should define the terms of the debate.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 12:51 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,662,850 times
That's nice. Most people don't choose their sexual orientation, whatever it may be. I know that might outrage the anti-homosexual fascists, but that's just the truth. That may be more complicated than some minds can handle, but that's nothing new.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:55 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
The homofascists who aggressively push the Gay Agenda narrative in the media will be outraged

'I'm gay by CHOICE': Sex and the City star Cynthia Nixon faces gay backlash after claiming she chooses to be homosexual
Nixon explains: 'They [the LGBT community] tried to get me to change it, because they said it implies that homosexuality can be a choice. And for me, it is a choice. I understand that for many people it's not, but for me it's a choice, and you don't get to define my gayness for me. A certain section of our community is very concerned that it not be seen as a choice, because if it's a choice, then we could opt out.

Cynthia, 45, insists she hasn't always been gay and finds it 'offensive' that people say she has.

She continued: 'Why can't it be a choice? Why is that any less legitimate? It seems we're just ceding this point to bigots who are demanding it, and I don't think that they should define the terms of the debate.'
Well. There you have it.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:58 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,083,729 times
So she's the one.
She is in denial.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:59 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,017 times
I don't buy it. She's bisexual, and merely chose to stay with women over men. You can't consciously choose the people you find attractive. There are lots of people, that no matter how hard I try or force myself, I could never find attractive.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:02 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I don't buy it. .
But I thought we were supposed to go to "the source" and ask a gay person, themself.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:03 PM

791 posts, read 1,433,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I don't buy it. She's bisexual, and merely chose to stay with women over men. You can't consciously choose the people you find attractive. There are lots of people, that no matter how hard I try or force myself, I could never find attractive.
I read the article. It was in Sunday's NYT magazine.

She is whatever she wants to call herself. Why do some people seem to have a problem with that?

Old 01-24-2012, 01:03 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
But I thought we were supposed to go to "the source" and ask a gay person, themself.
she's not gay. she's bisexual. not our fault she won't accept that she is.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:04 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
She has made her personal choise. It is a free country and people can choose to be gay if they want to.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:06 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That's nice. Most people don't choose their sexual orientation, whatever it may be. I know that might outrage the anti-homosexual fascists, but that's just the truth. That may be more complicated than some minds can handle, but that's nothing new.
In Cynthia Nixon's case, she should know the definition of
bisexual, which she apparently is. She should never have defined herself
as a lesbian, if she ever did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies