Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 07:09 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times

Advertisements

Healthcare is amazing in America as long as you have enough money to pay high insurance premiums or you havs a gold plated diamond encrusted healthcare plan such as the decision makers in Washington or the Media anti health reform pundits such as Hannity, Beck, Limbaugh, Rove etc. These people who have Normal Americans health in their hands really do NOT care whether Mr and Mrs America curl up in pain and fade away or become bankrupt because of America's one sided health system. The top earners, decision makers, wealthy or the ones with good on the job health cover are pretty pleased with the status quo and will fight tooth and nail to keep it.
Republicans now see the health debate as the foot in the door back to power.Everyday Americans are just collateral damage to them in their quest for the Whitehouse.
UHC has become a word of fear in America because of fear and brainwashing by the powerful who would rather see good honest Americans go bankrupt or even die than give up their "Elite" health cover.
I am in the UK at the moment recovering from Emergency Surgery from a badly gangrous gall bladder.
I doubled up in pain last Thursday and was rushed into Hospital by Ambulance. Straight into the Emergency room. Medical team straight in to see me. Pain killers and tests were immediately done. I was taken to a ward kept under Obs and more tests. By then it was Friday morning and i was taken to the Theatre and the Consultant Operated on me. Keyhole surgery and complete success.
Monday am... feeling great.... given pain killers, anti biotics etc to take with me and going home.
Tuesday up and about .... going to my GP tomorrow to get wounds checked etc etc.
No out of pocket expenses and Nothing to pay for the drugs etc etc.
I paid my NHS insurance every month i worked in the UK and that was that. No Bankruptcy, No sleepless nights, No hidden suprises. If i had been unemployed or on benefits or just a UK citizen or legal resident i would have got exactly the same treatment etc.
This must be the DEMON UHC!
STOP letting the people with self interest fool good honest American's that a UHC or Govt run health plan is bad for you...... it is the best investment America could ever make and would create millions upon millions of NEW jobs.
Get real America and give America back to good honest American's and not the plaything of the decision makers and overpayed media who now dictate to America and the next time you pick up a glass and wish "good health" you mean it for ALL Americans and not just the ones at the top.
For the first time in America, create a real AMERICAN health service for All Americans.

Last edited by geeoro; 02-23-2010 at 07:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 07:12 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
Why is it that you call anyone who has a different idea or goal an idiot?

Can you say prejudice and assumed personal superiority (in spite of the lack of evidence)?

Old 02-23-2010, 07:14 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,489,970 times
Take the word idiot and...

Old 02-23-2010, 07:15 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,055,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Healthcare is amazing in America as long as you have enough money to pay high insurance premiums or you havs a gold plated diamond encrusted healthcare plan such as the decision makers in Washington or the Media anti health reform pundits such as Hannity, Beck, Limbaugh, Rove etc. These people who have Normal Americans health in their hands really do NOT care whether Mr and Mrs America curl up in pain and fade away or become bankrupt because of America's one sided health system. The top earners, decision makers, wealthy or the ones with good on the job health cover are pretty pleased with the status quo and will fight tooth and nail to keep it.
Republicans now see the health debate as the foot in the door back to power.Everyday Americans are just collateral damage to them in their quest for the Whitehouse.
UHC has become a word of fear in America because of fear and brainwashing by the powerful who would rather see good honest Americans go bankrupt or even die than give up their "Elite" health cover.
I am in the UK at the moment recovering from Emergency Surgery from a badly gangrous gall bladder.
I doubled up in pain last Thursday and was rushed into Hospital by Ambulance. Straight into the Emergency room. Medical team straight in to see me. Pain killers and tests were immediately done. I was taken to a ward kept under Obs and more tests. By then it was Friday morning and i was taken to the Theatre and the Consultant Operated on me. Keyhole surgery and complete success.
Monday am... feeling great.... given pain killers, anti biotics etc to take with me and going home.
Tuesday up and about .... going to my GP tomorrow to get wounds checked etc etc.
No out of pocket expenses and Nothing to pay for the drugs etc etc.
I paid my NHS insurance every month i worked in the UK and that was that. No Bankruptcy, No sleepless nights, No hidden suprises. If i had been unemployed or on benefits or just a UK citizen or legal resident i would have got exactly the same treatment etc.
STOP letting the people with self interest fool good honest American's that a UHC or Govt run health plan is bad for you...... it is the best investment America could ever make and would create millions upon millions of NEW jobs.
Get real America and give America back to good honest American's and not the plaything of the decision makers and overpayed media who now dictate to America and the next time you pick up a glass and wish "good health" you mean it for ALL Americans and not just the ones at the top.
For the first time in America, create a real AMERICAN health service for All Americans.
Perhaps your nation has a Government that has earned enough trust of its citizens to allow for UHC or at least a Government option.

When our Government earns our trust I think you will see more support for it here.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Why is it that you call anyone who has a different idea or goal an idiot?

Can you say prejudice and assumed personal superiority (in spite of the lack of evidence)?
Well if you can think of a different name for anyone who will fight for a substandard, expensive health system that lets down millions of America Citizens ...i'll use that instead.... now think hard!

Old 02-23-2010, 07:20 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Perhaps your nation has a Government that has earned enough trust of its citizens to allow for UHC or at least a Government option.

When our Government earns our trust I think you will see more support for it here.

You got that right! hussein obama and his criminal administration came up with this health care scame behind locked doors with union thugs. Why would anyone with half a brain support anything that is so wrong for America it must be hidden and rushed through, giving no one a chance to read it. Until hussein obama brings it into the light of day, no one should support it.

What is this con man hiding?

Old 02-23-2010, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post

The UK have two main parties...Labour and Conservative who both battle to get into power just as the Democrats and Republicans in America. The job of the defeated party is to police the party in power and give the citizens a option if the party in power fail. The BIG difference is that when a party is voted, by the citizens, into power they are then allowed to prove themselves. In America, Before the President has even taken his oath of Office, he is criticized and taken apart. The Pathetic power struggle between the Dem's amid Reps is destroying any real hope of progress in the USA. America will remain stagnant or worse until this "IDIOTIC" power crazy behavior stops and real government starts in the great country of America.

Last edited by geeoro; 02-23-2010 at 07:44 AM..

Old 02-23-2010, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
You got that right! hussein obama and his criminal administration came up with this health care scame behind locked doors with union thugs. Why would anyone with half a brain support anything that is so wrong for America it must be hidden and rushed through, giving no one a chance to read it. Until hussein obama brings it into the light of day, no one should support it.

Didn't even see Bush and co bother to even TRY to reform health. They aren't bothered if honest Americans suffer, why should they? They have geat healthcare.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:31 AM

8,633 posts, read 9,142,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post

He's not hiding anything. Barring your issue with Obama the OP is correct. If the US does nothing the US is going to move to 3rd world status and unable to compete in a global economy with this turkey of a healthcare delivery system hanging around every living american. Heck, even the States have falling to almost to 40th place in the world for lifespans. Pathetic.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:33 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,055,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
The UK have two main parties...Labour and Conservative who both battle to get into power just as the Democrats and Republicans in America. The job of the defeated party is to police the party in power and give the citizens a option if the party in power fail. The BIG difference is that when a party is voted, by the citizens, into power they are the allowed to prove themselves. In America, Before the President has even taken his oath of Office he is criticised and taken apart. The Pathetic power struggle between the Dems amd Reps is destroying any real hope of progress in the USA. America will remain stagnent or worse until this "IDIOTIC" power crazy behaviour stops and real government starts in the great country of America.
I also believe the UK system allows for more representation because it has a multi party system. It really keeps the extreme wings of the main parties in check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies