Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 10:19 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times

Advertisements

“Since I’ve arrived in Canada, I’ve been denounced on the floor of Parliament — which, by the way, is on my bucket list — my posters have been banned, I’ve been accused of committing a crime in a speech that I have not yet given, I was banned by the student council, so welcome to Canada!” - Ann Coulter

‘It’s always the bush league schools,’ Coulter contends (http://www.canada.com/Coulter+event+shut+down+security+concerns/2718231/story.html - broken link)

It seems like diversity of ideas isn't on the diversity list in Canada and some American campuses. If you don't know how to debate in the arena of ideas, shout it or shut it down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 10:23 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Some Candadian Professor warns Coulter to watch her mouth and the wingnuts go crazy.

Meanwhile just this Month right wing elements:

1 Vandalized 5 Democratic offices

2 Left a recorded message to assasinate the children of lawmakers

3 Called Congressmen N%^ggers and Fa%^ggots and W$%backs

4 Screamed "baby killer" on the floor of the House

5 Murdered an IRS employee by crashing a plane into their office

6 Shot dead to two Dept of Defense policemen.

So compared to the vile acts the right does I'd say liberals are much more tolerant.....The OP even had to go out of the Country to catch that little dust up

Old 03-23-2010, 10:26 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
Wow. Canada is a smart country to keep her out. They are doing the right thing. Everything Ann Coulter says is trash and the Canadians don't want to hear it.

Praise them!

Old 03-23-2010, 10:40 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,645 times
Best part of the entire article came at the very end:
Quote:
U of O political science student Faris Lehn, 23, said he doesn’t support Coulter’s message, but had hoped for a debate.
“It’s too bad she didn’t get to speak because I think she would have made herself look more ridiculous than anyone here could have made her look,” Lehn said.
“The problem with Ann Coulter . . . is that the arguments that she uses don’t necessarily promote good debate, they promote this,” he said, glancing at the chanting crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies