Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 07:49 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
I am not a republican. I did not vote for Bush.

Just so we are clear.

I want a reasoned debate, not partisan crap from some ignorant democrat. I want you to stay on topic.
That can't be partisan crap, can it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 07:51 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,207,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
That can't be partisan crap, can it?
Most of what Who?Me? posts is partisan crap.

I have never voted for a democrat or republican in a national election. I agree with democrats on certain issues and republicans on others. I have no tolerance for people who follow a hard party line without independant thinking. I have very little tolerance for people who blatently bash republicans or democrats, as both parties are as full of it as each other.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:53 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Obama lied again. What a big surprise.

"Under the new law, insurance companies still would be able to refuse new coverage to children because of a pre-existing medical problem, said Karen Lightfoot, spokeswoman for the House Energy and Commerce Committee, one of the main congressional panels that wrote the bill President Barack Obama signed into law Tuesday."
The Associated Press: Gap in health care law's protection for children

They're scrambling to try to fix it.
It's as if libruls love to start the day with a hot poker in their butts. The bad part is how much they insist on sharing it.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Most of what Who?Me? posts is partisan crap.

I have never voted for a democrat or republican in a national election. I agree with democrats on certain issues and republicans on others. I have no tolerance for people who follow a hard party line without independant thinking. I have very little tolerance for people who blatently bash republicans or democrats, as both parties are as full of it as each other.
Your little "ignorant democrat" line wasn't partisan crap?

I agree both parties are full of it. At least you and I can agree on that much.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:56 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
They said they are working patching it up. I'd also recommend looking up the definition of a "lie" for starters. You'd think you'd know the definition considering it's all you guys do.
A lie is stating something that isn't true. That's exactly what Obama did when he said that children with pre-existing conditions could be insured immediately.

But that's not true, according to the Senate and House Committees that wrote the bill.

Here, I'll help you...

"Full protection for children would not come until 2014, said Kate Cyrul, a spokeswoman for the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, another panel that authored the legislation."
The Associated Press: Gap in health care law's protection for children

Obama lied AGAIN, plain and simple.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Your little "ignorant democrat" line wasn't partisan crap?

I agree both parties are full of it. At least you and I can agree on that much.
No, it was not. If the poster was a republican posting something bashing democrats without anything factual to back it up I would have been equally as harsh.

Please explain how my view was partisan? What party, exactly, do you think I am supporting in this series of posts?

Old 03-24-2010, 07:57 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
I wonder if this 'oversight' was purposely left in there until after the bill's passage. That way, the CBO can't count the costs of its implementation, since that benefit doesn't kick in until 2014.

How convenient. What would the cost estimates look like if they fixed this prior to the vote on the HC bill?

Old 03-24-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
No, it was not. If the poster was a republican posting something bashing democrats without anything factual to back it up I would have been equally as harsh.

Please explain how my view was partisan? What party, exactly, do you think I am supporting in this series of posts?
By calling the other poster an "ignorant democrat" you're no better than someone who goes around just blasting people of the other party simply because they're from the other party.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
By calling the other poster an "ignorant democrat" you're no better than someone who goes around just blasting people of the other party simply because they're from the other party.
No, I am saying that poster is a democrat and he is ignorant.

Two seperate adjectives used to describe the subject.

However, you are correct. I do think anyone who follows a hard party line (democrat or republican) is ignorant. I view anyone who is adamantly for the democratic party in its current state with the same respect as I give people who think Sarah Palin would be a good president.

We are very off-topic. This is the last post I will make on this subject. If you want to discuss further, PM me, I will be more than happy to continue.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:14 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,247,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
According to obama and the democrats (using their well-worn crisis-now playbook), hundreds die everyday from lack of insurance. Why are we waiting so long?
Well, we need to thin out the field a bit before we add people on the rolls. All these people die per year, so let's time the healthcare to activate four years from now, and give people just enough benefits to keep them quiet. Shows you what your legislators think of Americans. And, they're exempt from this mess, probably using those taxes you'll be paying for Obamacare starting Jan 1st 2011 to take their trips abroad. Oh wait....I"m sure there will be a lockbox on those taxes funding Obamacare. HA HA HA......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies