Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 04:02 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Its seems you've missed my entire point and now have included other issues into my statement I was making.
My statement again is Both sides are using the recents events and will continue to use the recent events up to November.
Both sides are using fear mongering for their political agenda. It doesn't matter who came out with what when, their both flaming. Republicans are using the wording of "taking back our country" to get donations, Democrats are using "threats". Republicans are accusing the democrats of flaming the passions by reporting some of the threats they've received since the bill passed, Republican's are now reporting threats that their receiving.

To say someone is over reacting to the their safety and the safety of their family is ridiculous, if I was a politician in today's society, Republican or Democrat, I would NOT take anyone's threats light and shame on anyone who suggest requesting added security for a hostile environment over reacting.

Neither side has clean hands, Neither.
Yeah but 1 is using a bill and other is using violence to raise money.

I agree both sides use fear no doubt about that. I must agree we need to take back our country to where our elected officials are actually doing their job. Take back our country to where they listen to the citizen of this country and work for us again not their own needs or desires.

Of course republicans are now reporting it to show that its not just happening to democrats. I dont believe I am saying to take any threat lightly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 04:07 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yeah but 1 is using a bill and other is using violence to raise money.

I agree both sides use fear no doubt about that. I must agree we need to take back our country to where our elected officials are actually doing their job. Take back our country to where they listen to the citizen of this country and work for us again not their own needs or desires.

Of course republicans are now reporting it to show that its not just happening to democrats. I dont believe I am saying to take any threat lightly.

And that statement right there is the problem. Those who support the bill are citizens as well and their voices should be and have been heard, and it is not uncommon for a bill to be passed based on the needs of the country. I understand what your saying, however those who support this bill are just as important as those who do not.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:07 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Default He made it up!

Eric Cantor is just trying to gain political points.

Police: Bullet that hit Cantor campaign office window was randomly fired in air a long way off - mcall.com

Old 03-25-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
And that statement right there is the problem. Those who support the bill are citizens as well and their voices should be and have been heard, and it is not uncommon for a bill to be passed based on the needs of the country. I understand what your saying, however those who support this bill are just as important as those who do not.

Exactly.

I am not a big fan of this bill but violence and calling people "******" and "******" won't win me any fans.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:11 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
And that statement right there is the problem. Those who support the bill are citizens as well and their voices should be and have been heard, and it is not uncommon for a bill to be passed based on the needs of the country.
Since when is only 15% of the population "the country?"

Quote:
I understand what your saying, however those who support this bill are just as important as those who do not.
But they're in the minority. Most people DO NOT WANT this bill.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

The concern just isn't over the uninsured. There are people out there with health insurance who are having trouble affording the premiums, they can't afford to see a doctor get needed treatment because they have a huge deductible, etc.

There are plenty of people who hate it...and plenty of people who love it.
Some hate it because they've been brainwashed into thinking it's a "government takeover" and are too stupid and lazy to see that it ISN'T government takeover.
Then you have people, like myself, who prefer a single-payer system and see this bill as a giveaway to health insurance companies.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
The concern just isn't over the uninsured. There are people out there with health insurance who are having trouble affording the premiums, they can't afford to see a doctor get needed treatment because they have a huge deductible, etc.
What in this bill makes insurance and health care more affordable? You do know that most people are expected to pay 12-19% (CBO estimates) of their annual income for their health insurance and medical care, right?

Old 03-25-2010, 04:19 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:

And? back to my original problem. "Taking back our country" so those 15 % by your estimates are not apart of the U.S?

Old 03-25-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
And?
And that makes it not what this country needs.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
What in this bill makes insurance and health care more affordable? You do know that most people are expected to pay 12-19% (CBO estimates) of their annual income for their health insurance and medical care, right?

If you would have read my whole post, you would see I am not in favor of this bill. I prefer a single-payer system which will actually save money and lives.

I never asserted that this bill will make health care more affordable.
People will still be unable to afford premiums, people won't be able to get treatment due to burdensome deductibles and co-pays, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies