Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 03:35 PM

292 posts, read 544,020 times

Advertisements

* I'm opposed to gay marriage.
* I'm pro-life.
* I believe we need to end the Iraq and Afghanistan War as soon as possible.
* I don't believe in abstinence only sex education, I think the entire subject needs to be taught.
* I think we need to end foreign oil dependence and find alternative fuels which are cleaner and cheaper.
* I think we need to deport all of the illegal immigrants back to their home countries.
* I believe we should cap immigration levels and force immigrants that come to our country to learn how to speak English and learn about American culture.
* I'm undecided on embryonic stem cell research, but I do think we should be studying about adult stem cells.
* I think we should end the travel restrictions on Cuba.
* I believe everyone has the right to bear arms.
* I think we need a flat tax system.
* I believe we need to bring back God and religion in our public schools.
* I think the government needs stop putting so many regulations and leave us be.
* I'm in support of the death penalty as well.
* I support legalizing marijuana, but I wouldn't ever smoke it though.

I am a Conservative though, but I don't know if I'm a Democrat or a Republican.

What do you think?

Last edited by flguy1192; 11-06-2009 at 03:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 03:36 PM

843 posts, read 1,298,425 times
Sound more republican to me.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:39 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,243 times
Hopefully, neither, there are other choices.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:43 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
The answer seems obvious to me. I don't understand, though: You've got firm opinions on a wide range of issues, and you can't figure out which political party you prefer? Why not?

Old 11-06-2009, 03:43 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy1192 View Post
* I'm pro-life.

* I don't believe in abstinence only sex education, I think the entire subject needs to be taught.
* I think we need to end foreign oil dependence and find alternative fuels which are cleaner and cheaper.
* I think we need to deport all of the illegal immigrants back to their home countries.
* I believe we should cap immigration levels and force immigrants that come to our country to learn how to speak English and learn about American culture.
* I'm undecided on embryonic stem cell research, but I do think we should be studying about adult stem cells.
* I think the government needs stop putting so many regulations and leave us be.

What do you think?
You're a mess.

You sound like someone with a republican bent. Although, I've not figured out what makes for a democrat versus a republican, other than the fact that I expect democrats to be progressive/liberals, while republicans to be conservative. In reality, however, that is not true. I'm an independent, and vote based on competence and policies, not along party lines.

Those I highlighted in red make you an authoritarian. Which, interestingly enough, doesn't bode with your idea of "leave us be" either. You want government to control as you see fit, and not as YOU see fit.

You see flat tax system as something fitting, that pushes you towards having an oligarchical bent, while anti-war stance, desire for alternative fuel/conservation etc makes you a left leaner.

Try this test and see/share where you land... :The Political Compass

Old 11-06-2009, 03:46 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Those I highlighted in red make you an authoritarian. Which, interestingly enough, doesn't bode with your idea of "leave us be" either. You want government to control as you see fit, and not as YOU see fit.
Great point. He says he's a conservative, but I know a number of conservatives on this forum who would disagree. It sounds like he wants a lot of government intervention into our lives - even government-sponsored religion.

He may be a social conservative, but he's not a libertarian conservative.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:47 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
* I'm pro-life.

What do you think?
Your Mike Huckabee.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:52 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,275,645 times

Well that doesn't seem right now does it?

" I want freedom! But 'X' group, you can't do what you want to do!"

Old 11-06-2009, 03:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
You are INDEPENDENT. Welcome to the club.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:59 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
* I'm pro-life.

* I support legalizing marijuana, but I wouldn't ever smoke it though.

What do you think?
I think the last bolded line contradicts the other 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies