Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 06:01 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,634,583 times

Advertisements

Fox News: One of the provisions in the new health care law requires small businesses to provide coverage for workers. Such an "employer mandate" has been in place in San Francisco, Calif., for over a year. The mandate has earned mixed reviews at best. Under the law, businesses with 20 or more employees are required to provide medical coverage, either on their own or by paying into a city-run program. That's what most restaurants are doing -- albeit grudgingly.

Breitbart.tv » San Francisco Restaurants Add Health Care Surcharge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 06:05 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,351,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Fox News: One of the provisions in the new health care law requires small businesses to provide coverage for workers. Such an "employer mandate" has been in place in San Francisco, Calif., for over a year. The mandate has earned mixed reviews at best. Under the law, businesses with 20 or more employees are required to provide medical coverage, either on their own or by paying into a city-run program. That's what most restaurants are doing -- albeit grudgingly.

Breitbart.tv » San Francisco Restaurants Add Health Care Surcharge

You are paying "cost" in your bill no matter if or if not it is itemized for a product or service.
Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.
(Just like the extra cost of others credit card usage, you pay even if you pay cash).

More Fox News whining.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:33 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,554,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
You are paying "cost" in your bill no matter if or if not it is itemized for a product or service.
(Just like the extra cost of others credit card usage, you pay even if you pay cash).

More Fox News whining.
I didn't see FOX News on the story? The story just illustrates that if the government mandates something that adds cost to business then the business will have to increase cost on the customers to cover what the government mandates.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I didn't see FOX News on the story? The story just illustrates that if the government mandates something that adds cost to business then the business will have to increase cost on the customers to cover what the government mandates.

The listed video and the article posted were from Fox News.

Here it is from Fox directly:
Tax, Tip and Health Care Surcharge? - Video - FoxNews.com

Old 03-27-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:

Just like any other cost to a business. Nothing different. More whining.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:40 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,554,725 times
Quote:
The listed video and the article posted were from Fox News.

Here it is from Fox directly:

Boy is my face red! I didn't click the link. I just read the link's name and didn't see FOX News. My mistake. Can you ever forgive me?

Old 03-27-2010, 07:43 AM

10,034 posts, read 9,518,755 times
Quote:

More Fox News whining.
Well duh.... Whether it is hidden or not, the employer, employees and the customers are hit with the burden. Some employers will just absorb the cost, some will eliminate positions to stay under the twenty employees, but most will just pass it along to the customer. Now inturn the customer will either go out less, spend the same, spend less, or just tip less.

In other words, someone is paying the cost.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Boy is my face red! I didn't click the link. I just read the link's name and didn't see FOX News. My mistake. Can you ever forgive me?
Somethings are honest mistakes. No forgiveness necessary.
(If you need forgiveness, consult a priest )

Old 03-27-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Well duh.... Whether it is hidden or not, the employer, employees and the customers are hit with the burden. Some employers will just absorb the cost, some will eliminate positions to stay under the twenty employees, but most will just pass it along to the customer. Now inturn the customer will either go out less, spend the same, spend less, or just tip less.

In other words, someone is paying the cost.
You are paying whenever it's offered a employee.
You watch sports on Fox? Thanks for my health care.
Directly or indirectly everybody pays one way or another.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,563,928 times
Cook at home or go outside of San Fran if you don't want to pay the additional tax.
There's still choices (for now).

The Fed bill is 50 employees for complete exemption. I guess San Fran is tougher with 20 employees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies