Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2010, 12:29 AM

22,253 posts, read 19,575,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
yeah i think this guy thinks people need to be convicted for "looking" scary....i also agree that if there was overwhelming evidence that they were on their way to kill someone for sure like the guys in the group video-tapping what they would do, or if i myself knew one of them and knew personally that they were going to kill a cop i would be against it, but there is a big agenda by the U.S. government to make tea-party, Christians, or anyone who disagrees with the president to look bad so they are staging different events to make those groups stay quite so the truth won't get out because people are waking up!!!
Their was overwhelming evidence, that is why they were arrested This kind of extreme conspiracy Terrorist defending garbage is down right outrageous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 12:34 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,920,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It is unfortunate our soldiers were not offered such protection in Fort Hood.
But according to some "conservatives" around here, simply planning something is not a crime... only when it is executed.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:35 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,443,272 times
Quote:
Yeah and gang members don't ever threaten people or cops do they?
The difference here is that this was investigated by the FBI because it was a matter of national security....the group was arrested for conspiracy (among other things), quickly shutting them down. Crimes committed by small gangs are usually handled at the local level until a gang gets large enough to be involved with organized crime and spreads into multiple states. That's when the FBI usually steps in and starts to investigate the gang because they're a crime syndicate at that point. They're aim to shut the gang down by arresting the leaders under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) which takes along time to investigate successfully (sometimes years). Gang or mob leaders are often otherwise difficult to prosecute for crimes because of the way they shield themselves by having gang members under them committ the actual crimes.....power within the gang is layers and layers deep.

Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-30-2010, 12:35 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,809,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Their was overwhelming evidence, that is why they were arrested This kind of extreme conspiracy Terrorist defending garbage is down right outrageous.

Ok there is evidence right nobody tampered with anything because you were there right...Just believe what you hear from whatever source....I'll think logically about things and decide after they are truly proven to be guilty and not just cuz the media tells me a story

Old 03-30-2010, 12:46 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,920,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I wonder when the rightwingoverse will actually stand up and condemn the domestic terrorists in this country when we round 'em up.

You know damn well that if they attacked Americans, they would be first in line to blame Obama too.
Actually, they will call them liberals and try to run with the rhetoric.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Ok there is evidence right nobody tampered with anything because you were there right...Just believe what you hear from whatever source....I'll think logically about things and decide after they are truly proven to be guilty and not just cuz the media tells me a story
Thinking conspiracy theories at every turn isn't think logically.....

Old 03-30-2010, 02:00 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,834,927 times
"The wife of one of the defendants described Hutaree as a small group of patriotic, Christian buddies who were just doing survival training."

"It consisted of a dad and two of his sons and I think just a couple other close friends of theirs," said Kelly Sickles, who husband, Kristopher, was among those charged. "It was supposed to be a Christian group. Christ-like, right, so why would you think that's something wrong with that, right?"

Sickles said she came home Saturday night to find her house in Sandusky, Ohio, in disarray.

Agents seized the guns her husband collected as a hobby and searched for bomb-making materials, she said, but added: "He doesn't even know how to make a bomb. We had no bomb material here."

She said she couldn't believe her 27-year-old husband could be involved in anything violent.

"It was just survival skills," she said. "That's what they were learning. And it's just patriotism. It's in our Constitution."

My Way News - Christian militia accused of plotting to kill cops

Old 03-30-2010, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Thinking conspiracy theories at every turn isn't think logically.....

the problem is if it's not mainstream then you dismiss it as conspiracy when in reality maybe you are being fooled by the mainstream

Old 03-30-2010, 02:10 AM

Quote:
the problem is if it's not mainstream then you dismiss it as conspiracy when in reality maybe you are being fooled by the mainstream
Not quite, but I do consider idiotic conspiracy theories, just that idiotic conspiracy theories.

BTW, if this was a group of Muslims who took part in a bunch of Military style training, were infiltrated by the FBI and were being accused of plotting to kill a cop, them ambush that cop's funeral in order to kill many more cops in hopes it would spark a revolution to overthrow the Government. Would you be calling them terrorists or would you still be talking about a government conspiracy??

Old 03-30-2010, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Not quite, but I do consider idiotic conspiracy theories, just that idiotic conspiracy theories.

BTW, if this was a group of Muslims who took part in a bunch of Military style training, were infiltrated by the FBI and were being accused of plotting to kill a cop, them ambush that cop's funeral in order to kill many more cops in hopes it would spark a revolution to overthrow the Government. Would you be calling them terrorists or would you still be talking about a government conspiracy??

Who said i was for killing cops...my father is a cop..why do u think i question things?...i don't believe what the media says is fact just cuz they say so....but you believe what u want
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies