Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 04:57 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
And making money is bad, yes Karl, we know.
You missed my point entirely. You made it seem like my position was a conspiracy nut rant that Ronald McDonald is part of a scheme to get kids to eat fatty foods. No, it's not about the fatty foods, it's about higher demand for crappier product - more money at any cost.

Making money is fine, but doing it by pushing death substances to kids and calling it food the way McDonald's and other "kids food" corporations do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 07:26 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
You missed my point entirely. You made it seem like my position was a conspiracy nut rant that Ronald McDonald is part of a scheme to get kids to eat fatty foods. No, it's not about the fatty foods, it's about higher demand for crappier product - more money at any cost.

Making money is fine, but doing it by pushing death substances to kids and calling it food the way McDonald's and other "kids food" corporations do?
Death substances?

Water over consumed can kill you, shall we call it a death substance as well?

A business is about money, that is the point of it.

They sell a fast food product that is cheap and in many peoples eyes tasty.

They use a mascot as a theme, a common application in many business to promote it. Being that going out to the burger/frosty place was a family affair in our past, they marketed on that within their theme, first speedy, then Bozo, then Ronald when they went national.

I seriously doubt it had any nefarious purpose other than a fun way to promote their business. The families like, the kids like it.

Yet this is everything to which ant-capitalists hate.

Though a picture of Mao the murder, or a fashionable Che Guevara the butcher accessory is far more accepted these days I guess. /shrug

Old 03-30-2010, 07:42 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Ronald McDonald Should Retire?

Posted by Kim Conte on March 29, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Flickr photo by rensenbrink78

Ronald McDonald may be out of a job soon if a team of health professionals, parents, and other advocates have their way.
The activist coalition -- called Corporate Accountability International -- is pushing for an early retirement for the McDonald's fictional spokesperson. It's reasoning? Ronald has too much influence on kids and is contributing to the fast food industry childhood obesity crisis.
If an unemployed Ronald McDonald seems inconceivable, remember that Corporate Accountability International was the group that successfully pushed Joe Camel of Camel Cigarettes into retirement.

Ronald McDonald Should Retire? - Food & Party on The Stir by CafeMom

I DON'T FRIKKIN' KNOW THIS COUNTRY ANYMORE......
I would not shed a single tear if Ronald McDonald and a million other obnoxious corporate mascots disappeared. But I would rather see them go away because they become unprofitable (i.e. hated and villified by a public that is actually aware of when they and their kids are being spoon-fed from a crock of s&*^! in an attempt to get their money out their wallets), not because the government tried yet again to legislate stupidity.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:18 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Death substances?

Water over consumed can kill you, shall we call it a death substance as well?

A business is about money, that is the point of it.

They sell a fast food product that is cheap and in many peoples eyes tasty.

They use a mascot as a theme, a common application in many business to promote it. Being that going out to the burger/frosty place was a family affair in our past, they marketed on that within their theme, first speedy, then Bozo, then Ronald when they went national.

I seriously doubt it had any nefarious purpose other than a fun way to promote their business. The families like, the kids like it.

Though a picture of Mao the murder, or a fashionable Che Guevara the butcher accessory is far more accepted these days I guess. /shrug

Worth repeating!

Old 03-30-2010, 08:36 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:

Though a picture of Mao the murderer, or a fashionable Che Guevara the butcher accessory is far more accepted these days I guess. /shrug

Old 03-30-2010, 09:43 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,208 times
Lets just put all McDonalds employees out of work because of fat children.
Its their fault your child is fat.
Don't worry about their jobs, they can always collect welfare.
Make a nice pot of vegetable soup for them and live with the fear that they will be poisoned by the pesticides or a nice pot of chicken soup that has its own horror story, like filthy diseased chickens.
Follow that with a nice cold glass of milk filled with hormones that has been described as body fluids.
Before bed give them a nice bottled water that has been sitting in plastic for years, whatever you do, DO NOT give them tap water! It may have a trace of chlorine. Of course there is no proof that the bottled water wasn't filled with tap water but at least you can contribute to destroying the planet.
For breakfast you can give them whatever you feel is safe but be very careful to wash your hands after pealing the bannana because the peal is saturated with rat urine.
For lunch you can try and figure out something that has absolutely no fat but it will be tough, try peanut butter for the protein but watch out for bacteria and well, you know, just try not to think about the fat and then there is the jelly situation with all that sugar! Oh no, well slice up some strawberries but GET OFF ALL THE PESTICIDES!!
It would be nice if you could throw in an apple but the problem with that?
It does no good to peel it, yep, the pesticides go under the skin.
So anyway, hope for the best but whatever you do, DON'T throw in those little baby carrots. They are soaked and cleaned with formaldehyde. I don't know, mac and cheese in a thermos? Well now they say it is not cheese. Lunch meat? They say it is worse than McDonalds. Tuna Fish? Oh they don't like it besides there is probably something wrong with that too.
As far as their birthday, can we bake them a cake?
I'm so tired from thinking about it that I need to drive through McDonalds and get a cup of coffee. I hope they haven't been closed down..

Old 03-31-2010, 05:50 AM

79 posts, read 94,200 times
Default Ronald Mc Donald must go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parents are telling Mc Donalds that the clown Ronald Mc Donald has to go because it makes their kids eat to much and it's bad for their health.

What is this world coming too? What happen to parents saying NO you can have a big mac.

Ronald Mc Donald is the spoke person for the company and he also has charities that help kids with cancer.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:01 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Parents are telling Mc Donalds that the clown Ronald Mc Donald has to go because it makes their kids eat to much and it's bad for their health.

What is this world coming too? What happen to parents saying NO you can have a big mac.

Ronald Mc Donald is the spoke person for the company and he also has charities that help kids with cancer.

I have to agree. It's pretty sad when parents can't say no and blame others. Apparently they've never heard of The Ronald McDonald house.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:05 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
It's pretty sad when parents can't say no and blame others.
That's the trend, blame others for your own inadequacies such as those that that will never be rich because they spend too much time sitting on their ass complaining about rich people.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:15 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I find two private organizations having a peeing match to be amusing. I don't have a horse in this race as I do not own McDonalds stock or eat there and I have never contributed to the opposition. If I were to place a bet it would not be on Ronnie McD.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies