Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 09:26 PM

757 posts, read 803,070 times

Advertisements

Maybe next Hannity will say the tea baggers are like 9/11 terrorists? Maybe in their minds there is a difference between a domestic TERRORIST and a foreign terrorist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 10:12 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Sunny-Days: you want to talk about 9-11 start a new thread.

Monkeywrenching: You want to talk about the federal goverment so-called murdering poeople: start another thread.

Both of you are only bringing this stuff up so you don't have to directly address Hannity's outrageous behavior.

and you just dont want to bring up all the unconstituionality of all the programs that both the democrat and republican party like voting on.

and I dont call murdering people "so-called", just seems that you and other liberals do.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:15 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
The obvious difference is that David Koresh CHOSE to endanger his followers by engaging in a stand off that lasted for many weeks. The correct behavior is to submit and make your case in a court of law. Not to mention that Koresh was a pedophile and fulfilled his own end time prophecies. The victims of the Murrah Building Bombing had no warning nor did they have a choice. They were innocent victims many of which were not government workers simply Americans going about their daily business. To include the 19 children killed in the first floor day care.

it is too bad that the fbi did not let the fire trucks in to put out the fire after the US army used armored vehicles to introduce tear gas in such quanities to start a fire in their complex.

I guess the feds just did not like themselves losing the way they did when the branch davidians returned fire started by the batf.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:50 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
How can you not see that there is no humor in joking about Timothy McViegh, no matter what Hannity meant when his fans cheered at being called TM wannabees? It doesn't matter why he said it. It doesn't matter even if it was taken out of context---which I don't believe it was. Did you not see the post directly above you which read:

You don't kid about a tragic event like this. Not in any way, shape or form.

Maybe you should send that message to the hussein obama sheep that use McVeigh.

It matters very much if something is taken out of context unless you are suggesting we are alll responsible for people's inability to reason and comprehend. Read this carefully; the fans cheered at the STUPIDITY and the idiocy of the left wingers compairing decent people to McVeigh. They were cheering that Hannity called them out on it.

Now if this is so upsetting, why are you not calling the libs out?

Old 04-03-2010, 04:15 PM

446 posts, read 831,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
What is disgusting is you see a short clip that does not show the context so only an idiot or the left winger sheep would think they were cheering McVeigh
How do you know what I watched? You DON'T know...I saw the clip here and more regarding it on TV on several channels over the past few days.

I'm nobody's "sheep". You really don't know where I stand on MOST things. Just a few things I comment on on this board. Mostly I get sick of reading the radical right wing stuff that so dominates this particular board so I steer clear of here and hang out in the pet section! It's a lot friendlier!

Anyway....glad ya took the time to attempt to insult me.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:28 PM

446 posts, read 831,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I sware libs are dense. The joke was about left wingers even comparing people to McVeigh. It is laughable that the LEFT WINGERS do that. Get it?

I have to laugh at whom it is you call dense! I sware....whew...

What y'all all seem to deny is that they CHEERED when their "party" (term used loosely) was compared to T. McV...period. JOKE OR NOT IT IS DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! Don't know how many times it needs to be said. I'd be outraged. Pelosi was WRONG to compare ANYONE to that monster (unless they deserved it) but the fact remains that she did. I don't agree with that, but I can't change it. I STILL think it was sick and wrong to applaud/cheer in ANY CONTEXT WHEN COMPARED WITH THAT MURDERER.

Seems like as with most topics on this particular board nobody is going to agree with each other...at least along party lines.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:58 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
How many innocent children did Bill Ayers kill?
None. Left wing radicals generally don't kill, they destroy property. It's the right-wingers who kill. As a matter of fact one just got a life sentence for killing Dr. Tiller.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:01 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
It sounds like a tongue-in-cheek statement to me.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:08 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
... Hannity was beingfacetious by characterizing the crowd as the dems have tried to portray them as angry mobs of right wing loons...
What he actually did was to overstate the case, to minimize the perception of all the angry signs. Let's remember that Tim McVeigh was a right wing extremist that killed 168 people.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:43 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrn0224 View Post
I have to laugh at whom it is you call dense! I sware....whew...

What y'all all seem to deny is that they CHEERED when their "party" (term used loosely) was compared to T. McV...period. JOKE OR NOT IT IS DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! Don't know how many times it needs to be said. I'd be outraged. Pelosi was WRONG to compare ANYONE to that monster (unless they deserved it) but the fact remains that she did. I don't agree with that, but I can't change it. I STILL think it was sick and wrong to applaud/cheer in ANY CONTEXT WHEN COMPARED WITH THAT MURDERER.

Seems like as with most topics on this particular board nobody is going to agree with each other...at least along party lines.

Well you certainly did not understand. I watched the whole program and it is nothing like the foaming at the mouth liberals are trying to paint it. That os what is disgusting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies