Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2007, 12:57 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,531,712 times

Advertisements

How can you all defend this (the story below)? This is happening while your boy "spreads" democracy!

How can this guy and his party talk about spreading democracy when this kind of stuff happens and it always (people getting arrested, not just being asked to leave) republicans?!
Yea, this involved Rudy, but read the next to last paragraph. Bush has some nerve talking down to Russia about democracy, that's like Wilt Chamberlin telling folks to be celebate!!

Reporter Arrested on Orders of Giuliani Press Sec
Wednesday, 6 June 2007, 4:46 pm
Press Release: Jones Report
Reporter Arrested on Orders of Giuliani Press Secretary
Charged with Criminal Trespass Despite Protest of CNN Staff and Official Event Press Credentials at GOP Debate in New Hampshire

Aaron Dykes & Alex Jones / Jones Report | June 5, 2006 Reporter Arrested on Orders of Giuliani Press Secretary

<snip>

Last edited by jco; 06-06-2007 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: Copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 01:26 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,771,623 times
Sue all of them ?

Old 06-06-2007, 04:04 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,894,490 times
Very interesting video and report. Why is it that some political figures just don’t want to answer questions about the 9/11 commission report and the WTC buildings? If they would provide the answer ~ the questions would go away!

What is it about a question that a “truthful answer” wouldn’t help? Just like Scooter Libby can’t remember things in court when all that is expected is the truth. Conservatives just don’t want to provide any truthful answer to a question, it’s easier to run or have someone removed and jailed! Is this the America that the conservatives want?

Old 06-06-2007, 04:06 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,301,541 times
I'm going to go out on a limb and say if this did happen (funny that I don't see where CNN has reported it, which you'd think they'd do if one of thier reporters were arrested or they were involved in this incident) that the person wasn't arrested because he asked a tough question......

Old 06-06-2007, 05:53 PM

592 posts, read 2,810,724 times
First I'd ask why you title it "Bushies" and digress to something that reportedly happened during a Giuliani event? Connect the two and I may be inspired to watch your link. I find it terribly difficult to believe anyone was arrested on an "order" from anyone. In most, if not all states, arrests are based on probable cause or warrants. With some exceptions, an officer has to witness the violation of law, hence, he or she is the complainant. Second, upon investigation of an alleged criminal act, a warrant is issued by a Judge when probable cause exists to believe a crime has been committed. A private citizen may arrest, however, he or she is compelled to testify and participate in the judicial process, at least in the state which I live. Might want to get the details of the event you're reporting on before making huge leaps.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:05 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,428,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaneyland View Post
First I'd ask why you title it "Bushies" and digress to something that reportedly happened during a Giuliani event? Connect the two and I may be inspired to watch your link. I find it terribly difficult to believe anyone was arrested on an "order" from anyone. In most, if not all states, arrests are based on probable cause or warrants. With some exceptions, an officer has to witness the violation of law, hence, he or she is the complainant. Second, upon investigation of an alleged criminal act, a warrant is issued by a Judge when probable cause exists to believe a crime has been committed. A private citizen may arrest, however, he or she is compelled to testify and participate in the judicial process, at least in the state which I live. Might want to get the details of the event you're reporting on before making huge leaps.
I second that, there has to be probable cause to perform an arrest. No one can say arrest that person and POOF they're arrested. If that was the case there'd be a lot of fat women in spandex in jail.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:33 AM

959 posts, read 2,362,111 times
And I third that...plus, don't really see the point of this reporter's questions. Don't understand what he was getting at here. Seems like a "freelance" kook and someone probably looking for trouble instead of real answers or news.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:39 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,301,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskagrl View Post
And I third that...plus, don't really see the point of this reporter's questions. Don't understand what he was getting at here. Seems like a "freelance" kook and someone probably looking for trouble instead of real answers or news.
Well, look at the source of the "story" and your suspicions will be confirmed..... I found that the only other sites reporting this were anti-Bush/anti-Republican blogs with fancy names like Bushi****ler.com (not really one of them, but just making the point)....

Edit: Okay funny language filter..... That was supposed to say Bush is Hitler . com ..... I realize there's an **** hidden in there, but c'mon....

Last edited by Yac; 04-29-2009 at 07:49 AM..

Old 06-07-2007, 10:55 AM

2,433 posts, read 6,679,904 times
This seems odd to me. Why would the cops just arrest someone without cause? It sets them up for a huge civil rights lawsuit. In addition why isn't CNN running with this? But I also don't see what this has to do with Bushies. Bush wasn't even there and it has nothing to do with him. But this does work both ways. Both democrats and republicans are insulating themselves from the press these days. Look at Obama and Hillary.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:00 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,745,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Very interesting video and report. Why is it that some political figures just don’t want to answer questions about the 9/11 commission report and the WTC buildings? If they would provide the answer ~ the questions would go away!

What is it about a question that a “truthful answer” wouldn’t help? Just like Scooter Libby can’t remember things in court when all that is expected is the truth. Conservatives just don’t want to provide any truthful answer to a question, it’s easier to run or have someone removed and jailed! Is this the America that the conservatives want?
Did you pitch a fit when;
Hilary couldn’t remember where she put the billing records for the rose law firm?
How about Sandy Berger, accidentally shoving classified documents in his socks, then hiding them under a temporary construction trailer where he could retrieve them later?
What about William Jefferson, $90k hidden in a freezer?
How about the missing e-mails that Gore couldn’t find?
How about Monica Lewenski, and the lies Clinton continued to make even after he was impeached.
How about Dan Rather, faking documents about Bush in order to alter the out come of a presidential election?

Not many conservatives in that list.

Is this the America that liberals want?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies