Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 06:16 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I'm tired of spam emails and whiners...especially when they tow the party line and can't think of anything N E W to whine about....sheesh, change the record...!!!!!
I see you have no compassion for people who work their whole life and are now asked to carry others on their back. No compassion means no experience of what they are going through, could it be you never worked a lick in your life? It seems to be.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:18 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Exactly, this one has been making the rounds for at least a year now....
Well it finally got to me so I hope it keeps making the rounds. Send it on or if not then why don't you move along.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:18 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,524,165 times
Why didn't this man learn that it was just as important to work smart as it is to work hard in life?

Why didn't this man learn that higher education is often the key to higher earnings (not always but statistically it improves one's chances)?

Why is his lazy daughter not paying him rent for that 2nd condo? If he would have his lazy daughter get off of her @ss then maybe he could rent out the 2nd condo and pull in extra income.

Why did this man not point out that it was under the lax regulation under GWB that created the "devil-may-care" environment in the financial industry? Guess it didn't fit to nicely into his "tirade".

Why does this man speak from false anecdotal information regarding "lower graduation standards" for minorities? No institution of higher learning will admit a student that they believe can not do the work and graduate. There is no affirmative action for graduating minority students. Lies.

Why doesn't this old man come clean about how he has made mistakes in his own life and that is the reason why he is tired. Maybe if he spent more time educating himself and less time trying to hold Bush and Palin up as some sort of icons of patriotism then he would be "too blessed to be stressed".

Old 04-04-2010, 06:22 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,191,121 times
Here's the original I believe, from Feb/2009...

The Old Jarhead: I'm Tired

Old 04-04-2010, 06:32 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
I wonder if he published that before an election.

If he's sincere, all I can say is wow. He did extremely well in life, yet he's still determined not to count his blessings and to be unhappy no matter what.

If he's not sincere, that's pretty despicable to essentially mock people -- Massachusetts citizens -- who are in the shape he describes.

Either way, very sad.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:34 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,864,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Don't come back here and tell me there is no Robert A Hall and he did not write this letter. So what, I know thousands upon thousands of people who could have written this letter so it makes no difference who it was. Actually, you could say it is the hard working and concerned Americans who wrote it.

"I'm 63 and I'm Tired"
by Robert A. Hall

I'll be 63 soon. Except for one semester in college when jobs were
scarce, and a six-month period when I was between jobs, but job-hunting
every day, I've worked, hard, since I was 18. Despite some health
[color=black][font=Arial]challenges, I still put in 50-hour weeks, and haven't called in sick in
Another whining right winger. Yawn, it gets boring after a while!

Last edited by Mike from back east; 04-04-2010 at 07:37 PM..

Old 04-04-2010, 06:34 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,191,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well it finally got to me so I hope it keeps making the rounds. Send it on or if not then why don't you move along.
Moving along, nothing here...

Old 04-04-2010, 06:42 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,283 times
I don't know the whole history of Robert Hall but I can sympathize with some of what he says, even though I am half his age.

But as for the Islam reference, I would say, don't believe people then when they tell you Islam is the "religion of peace." Islam, Judaism, Christianity, Buddhism and more....all are religions that have been instrumental in WARS. Every single one of those spiritualities has a LONG legacy of waging war in the name of their religion. Fundamentalists DO NOT represent the core teachings of a religion and to demonize Islam in the current age of issues is fully ignorant.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:51 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why didn't this man learn that it was just as important to work smart as it is to work hard in life?

Why didn't this man learn that higher education is often the key to higher earnings (not always but statistically it improves one's chances)?
If he's 63 then education 40-50 years ago was not the "everyone has to go to college". Many jobs were available for HS graduates..including computer programming. People picked up and learned the skill OJT.
When I started working as a programmer there were quite a few old timers (25-30 years) that had nothing more than a HS diploma.

Don't compare the skillset of a 63 year old to that of a 21 year old today.
College has become the new min; I'd even venture to say Masters is now working it's way to being the new minimum.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:59 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,116,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
If he kicked his free-loading daughter out of his second property, he would have more than enough income. Why is he supporting his daughter and granddaughter, and then complaining about others in similar situations? Seems like whoever fabricated this letter didn't think it through very well. Fail.
I believe you read that sentence wrong. Go back and re-read it. He's clearly alluding to having a condo in the vicinity of where his daughter and grandchildren live....not a condo that his daughter and grandchildren live in.

Fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies