Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you hope Congress passes a net neutrality law?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 22 34.92%
Maybe 1 1.59%
I need to study up more on the issue 13 20.63%
I don't know 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 11:08 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Anyone who is for this simply does not grasp the gravity of the issue. Most people don't get to choose their ISP unless they go back to dial-up. I can't -- I am stuck with Comcast unless I pick up and move. Comcast didn't have our area, by the way, when we moved here some 13 odd years ago. Yet now, they may be able to decide to slow my connection to let's say... Youtube, Google, Hulu, etc., because they want me to watch Fancast videos? This is bad thing folks. We need to go back to Common Carrier.

Common Carrier means, for example, that the post office cannot charge me more to send a letter to Bill Gates, just because it's going to Bill Gates. The same should apply here, especially when many Americans have no choice in provider.

Charging us more per packet or slowing down our packets to try and push us towards certain content is not a good idea and it's most likely going to create a whole new type of criminal, as people find ways to evade the rules.
the reason we dont have a choice in providers is because of regulation that keep small companeis from competing.the post office is not a business it is a service provided with our tax dollars they are not too worry about making money. no comparison
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 11:21 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
whow you pay 150 buck for internet a month. where do you live,not in the U.S.A. thats for sure
Zippy was using hyperbold and exagerating.. But I do indeed pay $150 a month for internet, but thats by choice, I have other options just not as reliable. Ohio here..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies