Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 04:53 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,145,255 times

Advertisements

On April 3, at a meeting of over 150 lawyers, legal scholars and human rights campaigners, Ramsey Clark, founder of Indict Bush Now, was chosen to be the chairperson of an international campaign to investigate war crimes committed by officials from the Bush administration.

Representatives at the meeting held in Beirut, Lebanon, came from all over the world. The campaign will investigate the lies, deceit and manipulation leading up to the Iraq war; the conduct of the war itself against an essentially defenseless country; and the horrors of the continued occupation.

This now galvanized international movement will also conduct independent inquiries in several countries to review the conduct of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, Rove, Yoo and other Bush-era officials.

IndictBushNow.org: Ramsey Clark chosen to head commission to investigate Bush crimes

I did not post this thread to debate the issue because there is nothing to debate. I posted it to give info to people that are still hoping that The Bush Crime Famly gets what is coming to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 05:03 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,327,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
On April 3, at a meeting of over 150 lawyers, legal scholars and human rights campaigners, Ramsey Clark, founder of Indict Bush Now, was chosen to be the chairperson of an international campaign to investigate war crimes committed by officials from the Bush administration.

Representatives at the meeting held in Beirut, Lebanon, came from all over the world. The campaign will investigate the lies, deceit and manipulation leading up to the Iraq war; the conduct of the war itself against an essentially defenseless country; and the horrors of the continued occupation.

This now galvanized international movement will also conduct independent inquiries in several countries to review the conduct of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, Rove, Yoo and other Bush-era officials.

IndictBushNow.org: Ramsey Clark chosen to head commission to investigate Bush crimes

I did not post this thread to debate the issue because there is nothing to debate. I posted it to give info to people that are still hoping that The Bush Crime Famly gets what is coming to them.
What "Bush crimes".

You absolutely did post this to "debate". That was your only reason. But suppose you spell out the "Bush crimes"

What about the attacks on the U.S.A? Those were acts of war. Bush did what any decent and good President should do.

[ mod cut ]

Last edited by Mike from back east; 04-08-2010 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: Hijacking remarks removed.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:14 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,203,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
<nsip>What about the attacks on the U.S.A? Those were acts of war. Bush did what any decent and good President should do.
Well he shouldn't have invaded a country that had nothing to do
with the attacks on America to begin with.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:16 PM

26,229 posts, read 49,085,600 times
Warning: This thread is about Ramsey Clark's activity in relation to events during the Bush administration. Keep on topic or infractions will be issued. If anyone thinks Obama is a war criminal, start your own thread and we'll have at it.

Regarding the topic. I did not see Iraq attack the USA; that was Al Queda and was done from bases in Afghanistan. Bush correctly went after Al Queda and their enablers in Afghanistan. No one is faulting us or Bush for doing that.

Our attack on Iraq is a whole other matter. Whether Ramsey Clark gets any traction with his efforts remains to be seen. I think he's wasting his time, but it will be interesting to see. Hell, we impeached Richard Nixon for covering up a mere break-in at the Watergate, and some of those "plumbers" did prison terms. Bush, et al, fomented an attack on Iraq with flimsy evidence and unleashed a whole set of horrors.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:19 PM

533 posts, read 318,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Warning: This thread is about Ramsey Clark's activity in relation to events during the Bush administration. Keep on topic or infractions will be issued. If anyone thinks Obama is a war criminal, start your own thread and we'll have at it.

Regarding the topic. I did not see Iraq attack the USA; that was Al Queda and was done from bases in Afghanistan. Bush correctly went after Al Queda and their enablers in Afghanistan. No one is faulting us or Bush for doing that.

Our attack on Iraq is a whole other matter. Whether Ramsey Clark gets any traction with his efforts remains to be seen. I think he's wasting his time, but it will be interesting to see. Hell, we impeached Richard Nixon for covering up a mere break-in at the Watergate, and some of those "plumbers" did prison terms. Bush, et al, fomented an attack on Iraq with flimsy evidence and unleashed a whole set of horrors.
I agree with you that, unfortunately, clark may well be wasting his time, but at least someone is still trying.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Now, there's a panel of unbiased, objective individuals if I ever saw one.

Total joke, complete waste of time, as usual.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:24 PM

45,247 posts, read 26,482,257 times
Quote:
Ramsey Clark, founder of Indict Bush Now, was chosen to be the chairperson of an international campaign to investigate war crimes committed by officials from the Bush administration.

So Clark, founder of "Indict Busch Now" has been chosen to investigate Bush?
I'm sure he'll be very objective in his "investigation".
Kangaroo court anyone?

Old 04-08-2010, 05:26 PM

170 posts, read 271,021 times
I didn't see any names of any members of congress who voted to go to war. Shouldn't they be involved in any investigations, not just the administration.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:26 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So Clark, founder of "Indict Busch Now" has been chosen to investigate Bush?
I'm sure he'll be very objective in his "investigation".
Kangaroo court anyone?
No kidding. The man is a far-left nut case and has been for many years. I say go for it - make an even bigger fool of yourself Ramsay.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:30 PM

533 posts, read 318,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Now, there's a panel of unbiased, objective individuals if I ever saw one.

Total joke, complete waste of time, as usual.
war crimes are a joke?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies