Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2012, 06:43 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Dont you think its pretty sad that this thread is 2 years old, and you still couldnt list a valid accomplishment?
actually because i was posting from my phone but since you must go there here is 25 things

1. Saved the collapse of the American automotive industry by making GM restructure before bailing them out, and putting incentive money to help the industry

2. Shifted the focus of the war from Iraq to Afghanistan, and putting the emphasis on reducing terrorism where it should have been all along

3. Relaxed Anti-American tensions throughout the world

4. Signed order to close the prisoner “torture camp” at Guantanamo Bay

5. Has made the environment a national priority, and a primary source for job creation

6. Has made education a national priority by putting emphasis and money behind new ideas like charter schools, but speaking directly to school children in telling them they have to do their part.

7. Won the Nobel Peace Prize

8. $789 billion economic stimulus plan

9. Appointment of first Latina to the Supreme Court

10. Attractive tax write-offs for those who buy hybrid automobiles

11. Authorized construction/opening of additional health centers to care for veterans

12. Renewed dialogue with NATO and other allies and partners on strategic issues.

13. Beginning the process of reforming and restructuring the military 20 years after the Cold War to a more modern fighting force… this includes new procurement policies, increasing size of military, new technology and cyber units and operations, etc.

14. Better body armor is now being provided to our troops

15. “Cash for clunkers” program offers vouchers to trade in fuel inefficient, polluting old cars for new cars; stimulates auto sales

16. Changed the failing/status quo military command in Afghanistan

17. Closed offshore tax safe havens

18. Deployed additional troops to Afghanistan

19. Ended media “blackout” on war casualties; reporting full information

20. Ended previous policy of awarding no-bid defense contracts

21. . Ended media blackout on war casualties and the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB.

22. Ended previous policy of cutting the FDA and circumventing FDA rules

23. Ended previous practice of forbidding Medicare from negotiating with drug manufacturers for cheaper drugs; the federal government is now realizing hundreds of millions in savings

24. Ended previous practice of having White House aides rewrite scientific and environmental rules, regulations, and reports

25. Ordered the military operation that killed Osama Bin Laden

there is 100's more but i'm sure we can't post that much on here ..have a nice day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 06:46 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

How on earth can you post this nonsense with a clear conscience? Now I am convinced you are nothing more than a progressive shill. Even the typical moderate liberal would denounce 1/2 of this list.
Agreed!

BUYING out GM is not saving it. If that is our new standard, then what the hell can't we "save" with $58 billion in free money and allow them to not pay any income taxes for ten years, and...... billions more in free taxpayer subsides and more bailouts.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:48 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,859,414 times
He was the first president to not secretly have sex with a black woman in the White House.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:55 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,204,343 times
Did you miss signing the Ledbetter Act???

Kadafi is gone, Lit'l Kim is gone, Usama is gone, Iraq war is over, Bush's Great Recession is behind us.

The DOW has doubled in value.

Low inflation

Price of gas is lower than four years ago, remember the summer of $4.12 gas?

Over 4,000,000 private sector jobs without any help from the GOP.

All of this in spite of the most toxic obstructionism GOP congress ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
actually because i was posting from my phone but since you must go there here is 25 things

1. Saved the collapse of the American automotive industry by making GM restructure before bailing them out, and putting incentive money to help the industry

2. Shifted the focus of the war from Iraq to Afghanistan, and putting the emphasis on reducing terrorism where it should have been all along

3. Relaxed Anti-American tensions throughout the world

4. Signed order to close the prisoner “torture camp” at Guantanamo Bay

5. Has made the environment a national priority, and a primary source for job creation

6. Has made education a national priority by putting emphasis and money behind new ideas like charter schools, but speaking directly to school children in telling them they have to do their part.

7. Won the Nobel Peace Prize

8. $789 billion economic stimulus plan

9. Appointment of first Latina to the Supreme Court

10. Attractive tax write-offs for those who buy hybrid automobiles

11. Authorized construction/opening of additional health centers to care for veterans

12. Renewed dialogue with NATO and other allies and partners on strategic issues.

13. Beginning the process of reforming and restructuring the military 20 years after the Cold War to a more modern fighting force… this includes new procurement policies, increasing size of military, new technology and cyber units and operations, etc.

14. Better body armor is now being provided to our troops

15. “Cash for clunkers” program offers vouchers to trade in fuel inefficient, polluting old cars for new cars; stimulates auto sales

16. Changed the failing/status quo military command in Afghanistan

17. Closed offshore tax safe havens

18. Deployed additional troops to Afghanistan

19. Ended media “blackout” on war casualties; reporting full information

20. Ended previous policy of awarding no-bid defense contracts

21. . Ended media blackout on war casualties and the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB.

22. Ended previous policy of cutting the FDA and circumventing FDA rules

23. Ended previous practice of forbidding Medicare from negotiating with drug manufacturers for cheaper drugs; the federal government is now realizing hundreds of millions in savings

24. Ended previous practice of having White House aides rewrite scientific and environmental rules, regulations, and reports

25. Ordered the military operation that killed Osama Bin Laden

there is 100's more but i'm sure we can't post that much on here ..have a nice day

Old 08-16-2012, 07:05 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,426,903 times
I'm not sure how old you are...NOR am I defending Obama..

What have you done in the past years that were not about you and only you

Old 08-16-2012, 07:15 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
7. Won the Nobel Peace Prize? get real that was a bought and paid for gimmie, and he did exactly nothing for that... At least that one was funny....

The rest all amounts to being nothing more than a common dead beat.

You forgot:

26 best gun salesman of the 21st century...

Old 08-16-2012, 07:20 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
He has raised the IQ of the Presidency by 100 points.
Prove it. Are you basing it on his college grades? Oh that's right, we don't know how he did in college. Maybe you're basing it on how well he reads a teleprompter, and how uh, um, er, well, uh, he speaks without one.

One positive thing Obama did was help the country realize how terrible things are when democrats have full control of the government and get them, in his words, "a shellacing" and rout them out of control.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:23 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,088,653 times
Can you get back to me after November, then I'll let you know.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:24 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Anyone? Healthcare is inneffective until 2014 and will probably be dismantled by then. He hasn't created any jobs. He hasn't made the country any safer. He hasn't saved us any money. WTF are we paying him for?
OK, I give up. What's the answer to your question?

Old 08-16-2012, 07:28 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,088,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
OK, I give up. What's the answer to your question?
I bet it's a "trick question".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies