Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:25 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,921,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
There IS no "moral high road" to take. She AND HER HUSBAND, BTW (love how it's always "the woman" who's the vile, selfish murderer in these cases) wanted two healthy children, I'm assuming, since they used a medical procedure to get at least one. Genetics played a cruel trick on their son. You feel this is probably what they "wanted"?
as the woman carries the baby, she has the ultimate burden of protection wouldn't you agree? if a man carried a baby, i would suggest that he had the ultimate burden of protection.

you can't always get what you want, and i am suggesting that this is a tragic event filled with irony and symbolism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 08:26 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
Most abortions involve surgical techniques, only the third trimester late abortions involve lethal injections.
However, this one did "involve" a lethal injection.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:28 PM

487 posts, read 636,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
However, this one did "involve" a lethal injection.
Okay but I find it interesting that you place so much emphasis on the technique used. Either way its the same end result. If you believe the fetus is not a living being then what difference does it make whether its scraped out, dismembered, or given a lethal injection?

Old 04-13-2010, 08:30 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
Quote:
Okay but I find it interesting that you place so much emphasis on the technique used. Either way its the same end result. If you believe the fetus is not a living being then what difference does it make whether its scraped out, dismembered, or given a lethal injection?
Nothing. Makes no difference to me. And I love how you misrepresented this story. More lies and bullcrap from so called "prolifers" who stop caring and crying about you until you're born. The "prolife" movement is a joke.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:30 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,958,517 times
Quote:
She wanted to keep the girl, but not the boy.

Doctor Terminates Wrong Fetus, Loses License - CBS News
oh well, its just garbage either way. Take out the trash, they are simply blobs. No harm no foul right? Sorry lady, made a mistake. Better luck next time right? /boggle

Old 04-13-2010, 08:33 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,958,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Nothing. Makes no difference to me. And I love how you misrepresented this story. More lies and bullcrap from so called "prolifers" who stop caring and crying about you until you're born. The "prolife" movement is a joke.
What is to be misinterpted? They were looking for one blob, got the wrong one? Opps, whats one blob to another? Scrap them all out and start over. Sheesh, its just a blob! It didn't deserve the large settlement, maybe a refund on the procedure. These aren't humans anyway, sheesh, a blob is a blob. Opps, got the wrong one. Do over!

Old 04-13-2010, 08:34 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
What is to be misinterpted? They were looking for one blob, got the wrong one? Opps, whats one blob to another? Scrap them all out and start over. Sheesh, its just a blob! It didn't deserve the large settlement, maybe a refund on the procedure. These aren't humans anyway, sheesh, a blob is a blob. Opps, got the wrong one. Do over!
I agree. Finally you got it right. Was wondering when you would finally come around.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:35 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
Okay but I find it interesting that you place so much emphasis on the technique used.
No, it was you that started out by saying it would be more merciful to allow the child to be born and then give it a lethal injection, than to use a typical abortion method. This didn't apply to the case in question at all, as 1. They did apply a lethal injection and 2. the intention was never to remove/dismember/etc. the fetus.

The method itself was your entire point initially, not mine. Now the method doesn't matter? You said you'd feel better if it were lethal injection. Well, it was. So does that mean you feel all right about it now?

Old 04-13-2010, 08:37 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times
I say kill the other one and charge her double. this is what we have come to in so called medicine and healthcare so live with it. i dont agree with it but the law is the law. you reap what you sow

Old 04-13-2010, 08:37 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
[quote=JerZ;13729418]The male fetus was not well. Are you getting that?
quote]

Yes, I got that. I did read the article. The mother risked the other babies life by choosing to abort the one diagnosed with problems. And, now it is dead. Period.

Sad, very sad indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies