Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 10:55 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peptea View Post
so if Rome is burning, shouldn't we be putting out the fire or fleeing right now?
The Teabaggers are trying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 11:29 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Ranger View Post
But economic recession/ collapse has been plaguing the USA.... as the rest of the world catches up, we'll do what the Roman Empire did, and fall to the background and just barely tread water...
Economic recession is plaguing the entire world.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:31 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Yep thats us alright . Thanks to the fems and libs, but more so to the so called majority who claim to be believers who through silence and compalcency allowed it all .
What does this have to do with the topic, other than your posts that express hatred of women and liberals?

As for the next post, you believe that your mother, wife, female siblings and your female children are the problems that plague the world?
Very peculiar.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:40 AM

122 posts, read 330,795 times
yep, pappy forgot his own mama has (or had) a vadge badge. stupid shyt

Old 04-18-2010, 11:41 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,958,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What does this have to do with the topic, other than your posts that express hatred of women and liberals?

As for the next post, you believe that your mother, wife, female siblings and your female children are the problems that plague the world?
Very peculiar.
Could be a Huckabee supporter. Huckabee believes that "a wife is to submit herself graciously to the servant leadership of her husband".

Old 04-18-2010, 09:25 PM

604 posts, read 750,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntamedOhioan View Post
The number 1 reason the Roman empire fell was apathy. Nobody cared. Nobody gave a damn.

At least thats one good thing I can say for us right now. People on all sides of the aisle do care like never before- especially younger people. They care like crazy- just look at Organizing for America in 2008, and the Tea Parties today.
Care like never before? Americans do, yes, maybe Australians or British people do too, since they mimic some of the USs' motives/ideals/moves...
But many countries hate the USA and quite a few would love to see it fall
Younger people? thats sorta funny, considering people in my high school are asking questions like "why'd we have to be born in such a crappy time" and many are hooked on drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Agreed. And Palau, American Samoa, The US Virgin Islands, Guam, Midway, and Puerto Rico is an empire that any Caesar would have envied.

There has never been a benevolent superpower with even remotely the same liberty, equality, and ideals that America and Americans possess in the history of this planet. Drawing parallels between it and any other civilization is ignorance.
Liberty, equality, and ideals? What ideals can we have that the Romans could not have had?? Parallels between Rome, once a nation that was the strongest in the world, to the USA, a nation which has been the strongest........ ignorant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The past 8 years of Dick Cheney.
Yet another problem, blaming problems on the people before us... Dems hd majority Congress since 2006, so 6 years of Cheney tops...

Quote:
Economic recession is plaguing the entire world.

So we're just falling faster than all the others? Getting hit harder?

Great Depression... guess which two countries were hit hardest?
Germany, and Australia.

Wanna know what Germany did after the world's economy almost collapsed? Conquered most of Europe and other parts of the world...

You say American can't last as a Republic or Democracy... so when will we, as American citizens (if you're not an American citizen, please dont let me know) elect someone to lead us WITHOUT representation of all states?

Because if the leader doesn't have to fear for his job, then he'll do whats best for the country, rather than what will get him rich and re-elected as the politicians do today.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:43 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,112 times
Quote:

Very peculiar.

You people like to throw that hate word around a lot ,huh ? With your false accusations and lies pitched in too . I don't hate any of you, I just don't like you ,but wouldn't hurt you or wish pain on you . Keep your agendas out of our schools and public places and we don't care what you do . my kids are all middle aged almost seniors so they didn't get infected by all the crap, but my grandkids did .

Only a couple of them are libs so no not all my familiy . Besides they didn't make the laws that changed everything ,that was doen by man haters long ago .

Old 04-18-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peptea View Post
yep, pappy forgot his own mama has (or had) a vadge badge. stupid shyt

I'm not Pappy , but you can call me that if you like . Don't know about vadge badge, but I'm sure she never wore one .

Old 04-18-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Could be a Huckabee supporter. Huckabee believes that "a wife is to submit herself graciously to the servant leadership of her husband".

Somebodys got to have the last word and it use to be the one who rocked the cradle , but i guess a man can be in charge if he's a real man .

Old 04-18-2010, 10:01 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
You people like to throw that hate word around a lot ,huh ? With your false accusations and lies pitched in too . I don't hate any of you, I just don't like you.

Good, we dont like you either
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies