Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 03:27 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
where? i haven't seen a soul defend mcveigh here.

you claimed that 'tea baggers' said that mcveigh was a patriot following the constitution.

was that a lie?
Obviously, you have failed to see/read posts that have Dravidian incident references.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 03:29 PM

968 posts, read 2,624,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
So an environmentalist/ civil rights activist is just as bad as a mass murderer?
i love how you euphemismed the crap out of your statement.

yes I believe a 9/11 truther who wants to see our great nation destroyed and the white people enslaved is just as bad as a kid who got roped into the wrong crowd.

see? I can do it too.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:39 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
i love how you euphemismed the crap out of your statement.

yes I believe a 9/11 truther who wants to see our great nation destroyed and the white people enslaved is just as bad as a kid who got roped into the wrong crowd.

see? I can do it too.
Apparently you have. I never viewed McVeigh as a "kid who ran with the wrong crowd" thanks for clearing that up.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:42 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
I thought the start of our country was when we gained independence.
That would have never happened without the events at Lexington and Concord. Those events directly started the Revolution. And ironically, it was started by a gun grab.

As for the rest of your post...you didn't answer my question.

Your attempts to paint the tea party people as McVeighs smells strongly of desperation.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
That would have never happened without the events at Lexington and Concord. Those events directly started the Revolution. And ironically, it was started by a gun grab.

As for the rest of your post...you didn't answer my question.

Your attempts to paint the tea party people as McVeighs smells strongly of desperation.
I did answer your question. Anyone who knows about the Oklahoma City bombing knows that part of the reason McVeigh picked that day was because of the anniversary of both the battle at Lexington and Concord AND the WACO siege. You see, to the right wing militia types, they are all justified rebellions, they see no distinction. I answered your question, you have yet to answer mine. Is it appropriate to have an anti government rally the same day as the anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing, yes or no?

Old 04-19-2010, 03:54 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
I did answer your question. Anyone who knows about the Oklahoma City bombing knows that part of the reason McVeigh picked that day was because of the anniversary of both the battle at Lexington and Concord AND the WACO siege. You see, to the right wing militia types, they are all justified rebellions, they see no distinction. I answered your question, you have yet to answer mine. Is it appropriate to have an anti government rally the same day as the anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing, yes or no?
B.S. You clearly didn't know as multiple pages of this thread show. And no you didn't answer me if you knew it. You know very well this day was chosen for the rallies because of Lexington and Concord, something far bigger than OKC. What better day to have a rally for limited government than the day our Revolution began?

Now you're also trying to say all tea partiers are "right wing militia types." Incorrect. I probably know most of the militia sorts in Vermont and none of them were at the rallies this past weekend. And for your info., not all the militia types supported McVeigh, most condemned it.

What smears won't you attempt?

And as for Waco...if ever there were an example of how our government is not trustworthy, that would be a good one (though there's others: Ruby Ridge, the concentration camps during WWII...). Now why did the feds choose that day for the Waco siege?

Old 04-19-2010, 03:59 PM

Default I rest my case

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
B.S. You clearly didn't know as multiple pages of this thread show. And no you didn't answer me if you knew it. You know very well this day was chosen for the rallies because of Lexington and Concord, something far bigger than OKC.
My response to you mentioned Lexington and Concord, look back and read it. I'm not so sure that this day was chosen soley because of Lexington and Concord. (if you bothered to read my response you would know that McVeigh picked that day because of Lexington and Concord)

Quote:
I probably know most of the militia sorts in Vermont
I am not suprised

Quote:
And as for Waco...if ever there were an example of how our government is not trustworthy, that would be a good one (though there's others: Ruby Ridge, the concentration camps during WWII...). Now why did the feds choose that day for the Waco siege?
You sound exactly like McVeigh.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:13 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
BTW, since you chose to make a point of anniversaries, this date is actually the anniversary of the government raiding the Branch Davidian compund at Waco, TX and killing every man, woman, and child there, mostly by burning them alive.
Consistent without a doubt. A deluded man convinced he's prophet, therefore infallible and above the law, holing himself up pointing guns at the rest of civilization, all the while hiding behind his children like a coward. The Tea Party hero you say?

We could pretend he was sane and innocent. Why would a sane citizen posture threats of violence with law enforcement? Why would an innocent man refuse a search warrant issued by courts? The courts were out to get him and invented the complaint themselves?

Federal authorities were called in by local authorities because this man was that out of control. Local authorities were called in because the texas locals had complaints against him. Following the merry path of twisted logic is the implication that the entire state of texas institutionally oppresses it's citizens as a habit to rob them of liberty. Seems to me most Texans know how to get along with one another far predating Koresh, and far after his departure from this earth. Coincidence? I think not.

So spare us the martyr story that the Federal government one day decided to get a wild hair targeting an obscure religion and a poor put upon family minding their own business. How unfortunate those children were used as human shields fighting an argument he had in his own head. The original charge was child abuse. He just rachetted up the stakes to manifest his apocalyptic fantasy at their expense. Consistent.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:43 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
There are few days less appropriate to have a call for a revolt against a "tyranically government" than on the anniversary of the Oklahoma city bombing. To do this while waving automatic firearms is even more disturbing. Not to mention that the rhetoric used at these anti government rallies mirrors that of Timothy McVeigh. What's next, having a rally on 9/11? In very poor taste and irresponsible.
At no "Tea Parties" has anyone waved automatic weapons. No one attending "Tea Parties" has ever brought weapons.

No "Tea Party" protests have ever mirrored any Timothy McVeigh "rhetoric".

You are spreading lies. But we were warned that you people were going to do this.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:51 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Timothy McVeigh specifically chose that day because of the Branch Davidian siege. He shared your sentiments.
Dear Mr. Holdencaufield: The Tea Party movement has nothing to do with, nor is in anyway similar to what Timothy McVeigh did. We are not violent, and we do not advocate violence.

The "Tea Parties", all of them, have been peacful. What violence has occured has been done by outside groups, not part of the Tea Party. One man had a finger bitten off. SEIU members have beaten people up.

The "Tea Parties" are as American as apple pie. The Constitution itself gives us the right to protrest.

The "Tea Parties" are protesting an out of control government. They are not "anti-government".

But, you know this. You are just trying to stir up trouble. Aren't you?

And, need I remind you that Barrack Obama has as one of his advisors (czars) a violent anti-government protester, Bill Ayers, who did blow up government buildings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies