Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Kuh

51 posts, read 39,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
This is the only thing I needed to see to know how much weight I should give your opinion when it comes to... anything.

Here's a question for you - in your fantasy world, who would get to define what qualifies as "hate speech"?
Don't like liberals ...do you

You know very well what hate speech is. Who would define it? The constitution would. Just gotta modify the first amendment and get the so-called " free speech" out of there. And while we're at it, let's get rid of the "right to bear arms" as well. Only the police etc. should be allowed to carry guns. Anybody else should not be allowed to own any guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 10:41 AM

53,513 posts, read 35,235,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Were the folks at the opera carrying racist signs such as telling Obama to go back to Kenya?

I think not....your analogy is ridiculous.
what's 'racist' about signs telling obama to go back to kenya?

are you aware that kenya is a country, not a race?

furthermore, do you even have the slightest notion what racism actually is, despite your incessant shrieking about it?

Old 04-20-2010, 10:57 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,473,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So everyone must agree with you also. It not its ok to insult them. Guess it was ok when the democrat called Micheal Steele a porch monkey on cnn also since you dont agree with Micheal Steele. Just because you are black doesnt mean you cant also be racist.

Tell me what have democrats really done for you in the past 40 years like the black women in the video talks about?
Are you a minority that was insulted by Upton's statement? If not then why do you care? If there are any minorites on here that are insulted, then they can speak for themselves just like I did.

And where did I say that I support democrats and everything they say? The porch monkey comment is indeed racist but I was not discussing that comment now was I.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:04 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,658,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Were the folks at the opera carrying racist signs such as telling Obama to go back to Kenya?

I think not....your analogy is ridiculous.
The people at the opera were not carrying signs of racism and no one at the Tea Party events were carrying signs of racism. Please refrain from repeating lies, it makes you look foolish..
I don't want Obama to go back to Kenya, I just want him to go back to Chicago, and take his thugs with him...

Old 04-20-2010, 11:10 AM

38,757 posts, read 22,548,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Olbermann only pointed out the facts... there are like 6 black tea party protestors. This is an overwhelmingly racist movement.
Very shallow observation.

If 95% of blacks voted for 0bama, and 12% of the population is black, how many of the 5% of that 12% would be attending the TEA party rally?

Old 04-20-2010, 11:16 AM

38,757 posts, read 22,548,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

furthermore, do you even have the slightest notion what racism actually is, despite your incessant shrieking about it?
Those signs are a dig at Michelle for calling Kenya 0bama's homeland. People are insulted when the country of our president's birth is not even seen fit enough to be referred to as his homeland, by the first lady.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:18 AM

23,821 posts, read 24,222,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuh View Post
Don't like liberals ...do you
I don't like people that would restrict the rights of others to satisfy their own personal preferences and whims. You can apply whatever label you like to that definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuh View Post
You know very well what hate speech is. Who would define it? The constitution would. Just gotta modify the first amendment and get the so-called " free speech" out of there. And while we're at it, let's get rid of the "right to bear arms" as well. Only the police etc. should be allowed to carry guns. Anybody else should not be allowed to own any guns.
The gun issue is plenty big enough for its own thread (or fifty), so I won't go there.

On speech, you didn't answer the question. Who would have the authority to determine the definition of "hate speech"?

If you'd like to stick with your answer of "The constitution would," then please post the text of your proposed amendment. I want to know precisely how my speech would be limited if you were in charge.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:27 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,370,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

As a black person, I don't really like it when I am told to go back to Africa. Just sayin'

Old 04-20-2010, 11:31 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,874,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Are you a minority that was insulted by Upton's statement? If not then why do you care? If there are any minorites on here that are insulted, then they can speak for themselves just like I did.

And where did I say that I support democrats and everything they say? The porch monkey comment is indeed racist but I was not discussing that comment now was I.
I care because its racist and I actually care about trying to end racism in this country since my husband is a minority.

I care because I am getting sick of being labeled a racist when I've done nothing that is racist but yet Utpon that actually insults a minority that doesnt agree with them is fine.

I care that I am being compared to a white supremacist for doing nothing but attending a tea party

I think as long as we keep labeling each other we are only making things worse in this country

Old 04-20-2010, 11:34 AM

53,513 posts, read 35,235,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
As a black person, I don't really like it when I am told to go back to Africa. Just sayin'
i don't doubt that's true. but it doesn't make it racist.

just sayin'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies